Skip to comments."Loose Lips Sink Ships" (A WWII response to Mr. Murtha)
Posted on 12/01/2005 1:47:42 PM PST by kaehurowing
"Loose Lips Sink Ships"
The following is excerpted from a document given to each soldier as he entered the battle area.
THINK! Where does the enemy get his information -- information that can put you, and has put your comrades, adrift on an open sea: information that has lost battles and can lose more, unless you personally, vigilantly, perform your duty in SAFEGUARDING MILITARY INFORMATION?
THERE ARE TEN PROHIBITED SUBJECTS
1. Don't write military information of Army units -- their location, strength,, materiel, or equipment.
2. Don't write of military installations.
3. Don't write of transportation facilities.
4. Don't write of convoys, their routes, ports (including ports of embarkation and disembarkation), time en route, naval protection, or war incidents occurring en route.
5. Don't disclose movements of ships, naval or merchant, troops, or aircraft.
6. Don't mention plans and forecasts or orders for future operations, whether known or just your guess.
7. Don't write about the effect of enemy operations.
8. Don't tell of any casualty until released by proper authority (The Adjutant General) and then only by using the full name of the casualty.
9. Don't attempt to formulate or use a code system, cipher, or shorthand, or any other means to conceal the true meaning of your letter. Violations of this regulation will result in severe punishment.
10. Don't give your location in any way except as authorized by proper authority. Be sure nothing you write about discloses a more specific location than the one authorized.
SILENCE MEANS SECURITY -- If violation of protective measures is serious within written communications it is disastrous in conversations. Protect your conversation as you do your letters, and be even more careful. A harmful letter can be nullified by censorship; loose talk is direct delivery to the enemy.
(Excerpt) Read more at eyewitnesstohistory.com ...
How many of these rules has Mr. Murtha violated? That he and other Democrats would say such things as the Army being "broken, worn out" and "living hand to mouth" during wartime strikes me as repulsive and disloyal. How can he not know that all he is doing is encouraging the terrorists and putting our troops in even more danger?
Among other things, the document also states: "If you come home during war your lips must remain sealed and your written hand must be guided by self-imposed censorship. This takes guts. Have you got them or do you want your buddies and your country to pay the price for your showing off."
That document isn't needed anymore....the enemy just needs to watch CNN long enough and they'll have all that info
Every time I here someone call Mutha a patriot because of his military service I want to puke. Oswald was in the service too. Ive never heard him called a patriot.
And they didn't have to warn the press not to side with the enemy - because during World War II it would never occur the press to side with the enemy. sad...
If Murtha was telling the truth, he would be committing treason.
Since he is lying, maybe he is just spreading "misinformation", and he is just pathetic.
Murtha is a traitor. He has plenty of company in the Rat party.
Murtha and Pelosi made a pact with the Devil. A few dead U.S soldiers is a small price to pay for regaining control of the congress.
How long will Americans persist in failing to punish seditious speech? How long will obvious 'fifth columnists' be allowed to undermine our war for survival?
Oh, shoot! The list they gave to the dems and the MSM had DO instead of DON'T!
I'm glad Murtha wasn't in charge during WWII. "Mah fellow Amurcans. If we haven't totally won this war by June 31, 1943, we are pulling our troops out of all those foreign countries. I hereby tell all those enemies of our country so they can make preparations for this day. Victory will be ours!"