Skip to comments.You May Not Like It, But Broccoli Can Beat Cancer
Posted on 12/06/2005 5:40:06 PM PST by blam
click here to read article
Wasn't that the birth time of
Broccoli Gorgonzola Fettucini
Italians love broccoli, I prepare it often as a side dish and as a ingredient in our main meal. Broccoli, a member of the cabbage family, and is close relative to the cauliflower. Its cultivation originated in Italy. Broccolo, its Italian name, means cabbage sprout. Because of its different components, broccoli provides a range of tastes and textures, from soft and flowery (the floret) to fibrous and crunchy (the stem and stalk).1. Steam broccoli until just tender, then chop. You should have about 21/4 cups.
- 1 bunch broccoli, broken into small flowerets (tough stems removed)
- 4 ounces butter
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 large whole green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 lb Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled, (or blue cheese)
- 1/4 lb parmesan cheese, grated
- 3/4 lb fresh fettuccini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
2. Melt butter in large skillet.
3. Add garlic, green onion, and broccoli; saute for 3 minutes. Stir in cream, salt, and pepper and cook at a gentle boil till thickened slightly.
4. Toss sauce with hot pasta in a serving bowel.
5. Add Gorgonzola cheese and toss to coat.
6. Add Parmesan and toss again.
7. Serve immediately with extra grated cheese and pepper.
More likely: the family was adopted by one of the broccoli plants.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.