Media lies about everything!
1) The spying is only done on those people within the United States who are known to have association with Al Qaeda.
2) The NYT article makes clear that no laws were broken. Any democrat saying differently is playing politics, imo.
3) The NYT article also says that the C.I.A. seized the terrorists' computers, cellphones and personal phone directories, said the officials familiar with the program. The N.S.A. surveillance was intended to exploit those numbers and addresses as quickly as possible, the officials said. In addition to eavesdropping on those numbers and reading e-mail messages to and from the Qaeda figures, the N.S.A. began monitoring others linked to them, creating an expanding chain. While most of the numbers and addresses were overseas, hundreds were in the United States, the officials said.
They were tracking numbers that were tied to confirmed terrorists and according to reports, stopped 3 terrorist attacks within the US. This is EXACTLY how the 9/11 attacks were coordinated - between jihadists and sympathizers of other terrorists living in this country.
4) The NYT article also states that the government DID use subpoenas for domestic taps in a great many instances, mostly related to conversations between terrorist within the US.
5) Clinton used NSA satellites to spy on Americans after the Oklahoma City bombing incident. The leftists never had a problem with that and all the complaints we hear from them now about American's civil rights being abused pale in comparison when one remembers what happened to women and children at WACO and how Clinton abuse his office and used the IRS to target his political enemies.
Love how they don't pull punches. Calls "liars" what they are!
I see yet another Democrat blunder as they complain that Bush broke the law, violated the rights of American citizens, etc... only to find out that MOST people support what the president is doing and that he is also within his constitutional perogative.
The military does not request permission of the courts to perform their job. This is a military issue... we are at war.
Amazing it needs to be said.
Media lies and has done a sickening job, in this war on terrorism. Calling the Media pea brains would be an undeserved compliment.
I keep hearing the MSM saying that "members of both parties" are calling for investigations. Of course they never point out that's just Senator Spector. [*rimshot*]