Skip to comments.Iranian Alert - December 19, 2005 - What is behind Ahmadinejadís anti-Israel remarks?
Posted on 12/19/2005 8:54:42 PM PST by DoctorZIn
Top News Story
What is behind Ahmadinejads anti-Israel remarks?
Mehran Riazaty: a former Iran analyst for the Central Command of the Coalition Forces in Baghdad in the office of Strategic Communication.Ahmadinejad could not tie his shoe-laces without supports of powerful Ayatollahs such as Khamenei, Rafsanjani, Janati, Kashani, Mesbah Yazdi his mentor, and many others in Iran.
The main question is why Ahmadinejad made these comments? These comments are not definitely made by accident.
During Khatamis presidency, Hassan Rohani, who used to be Irans Supreme National Security Chief, wrote a letter to him and explained Irans Political Strategy: Creating crisis, shifting crisis to opportunities then take advantage of these opportunities. It could be said that Khatami created the crisis and now Ahmadinejad shifting Khatamis crisis to opportunities which soon Iranian Ayatollahs will take advantage of these opportunities.
Khatamis crisis was fire under the ashes. Despite the promises the Clinton administration had heard from Khatamis informal interlocutors that the reformist understood the Untied States concerns about Irans nuclear program would work to accommodate us, Irans nuclear program had never slowed down. In fact, it had made tremendous progress. Ironically, Khatamis accession had helped make that possible. When the reformists took over the government in 1997, Irans nuclear program was extensive and a priority for the regime, but it was horribly mismanaged. Led by the incompetent Reza Amrollahi and team chosen more for their revolutionary credential than their skills, the Iranian nuclear program had stumbled along despite the considerable resources lavished upon it. When Khatami took over, he replaced Amrollahi with the efficient Qolam-Reza Aqazadeh Khoi, who in turn replaced many personnel with true technical experts (Kenneth M. Pollack, the Persian Puzzle; pages 312, 362).
Now the fruit of Irans nuclear activities is ripe, somehow they have to reveal to the world that they are enriching uranium or they want to enrich uranium or even they have a nuclear bomb!
But how? Ahmadinejad makes strong anti-Israel remarks. Moderate political groups in Iran could not even say anything because Ahmadinejads words against Israel are merely a repetition of the wish of the founder of the Islamic Republic (i.e. Ayatollah Khomeini). The world get angry at Iran. Israel begins to think of attacking Iran. Iran will take advantage of Israel position, and tell international communities to defend its nation against Israel who has 200 nuclear warheads needs to advance its nuclear technology.
DoctorZin:Mehran is a former Iran analyst for the Central Command of the Coalition Forces in Baghdad in the office of Strategic Communication. He will be a regular contributor to this blog.
- Baltimore Sun reported that when Ahmadinejad called the Holocaust a "myth" his harsh rhetoric was also an effort to signal that Iran, not al-Qaida, is the leading force behind militant Islam.
- Ali Akbar Dareini, St. Paul Pioneer reported that the recent remarks by Iran's hard-line president are part of a strategy to keep anti-Israel sentiment alive in the Middle East.
- ABC News reported that Iran's foreign ministry spokesman said the West should be more tolerant of Ahmadinejad's views.
- Khaleej Times reported that while the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) seems to have reversed its position on Iran's nuclear plans, the head of the six-member bloc said: It's not worrisome as long as it is restricted to peaceful use.
- Iran Mania reported that China is conducting negotiations with Iran on developing Yadavaran Oilfield.
- Hamed Irani, Rooz Online reported that while the Majlis (Irans Parliament) has a law that bans members of City Councils to hold government posts, there are numerous City Council executives who hold second posts inside the government.
- Rooz Online reported that a movie camera has been found among the debris of last weeks crash of a C-130 transport aircraft and that the entire conversation of the captain and the control tower was recorded on this camera.
- Iran Focus reported that Ali Larijani, Irans chief nuclear negotiator and Secretary General of the powerful Supreme National Security Council (SNSC) described President George W. Bush as an odd man.
- The Jerusalem Post reported that despite the fact that continued diplomatic initiatives will "not foil Iran's nuclear ambitions," OC Intelligence Maj.-Gen. Aharon Ze'evi (Farkash) told the cabinet on Sunday that "it is important to pursue [them]."
- NewKerala reported that Germany has more to lose from any economic sanctions on Iran than other Western countries.
- The Financial Times reported that Britain, France and Germany face tense negotiations with Iran on Wednesday when the two sides resume talks on Tehrans nuclear program.
- Radio Free Europe reported that U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said today that Iran cannot be trusted with technology that could lead to nuclear arms.
- EU Business reported that Israeli President Moshe Katsav accused the European Union of showing "hesitation and weakness" in the face of Iran's nuclear program.
- Rooz Online published a cartoon "wiping out" Ahmadinejad "wiping out Israel."
- And finally, A photo of an Iranian missile with a banner reading: "Israel must be uprooted and erased from history."
"If you want on or off this Iran ping list, Freepmail DoctorZin
Join Us At Today's Iranian Alert Thread The Most Underreported Story Of The Year!
"If you want on or off this Iran ping list, Freepmail DoctorZin
My question is this: Does Ahmadinejad really believe in the 12th Imam and that he has been chosen to pave his way to Jerusalem? If he is using that as a political ploy, then he will do anything. If he truly believes it, then Iran will not nuke Israel, but will use nuclear weaponry to keep America at bay while he leads his army into Israel. What do you think, good Doctor?
I buy the buy line and the answer is one word
Unfortunately, all of the posturing by the Iranian President will wind up killing a lot of innocent Iranian people. He may be counting on other countries to assist in his quest, but they have problems of their own and are extremely prejudiced in their own right and may not come to their aid.
said three years ago, we're still in the phoney war period before all hell breaks out.
Mousharif (sp) has his own problems that I will grant you but I do not think that he would let the FM's comments come to fruition.
musharraf speaks with forked tongue and maintains his allegiance to the islamic brotherhood. that is why he is keeping it as the islamic hub that it is, but, also enabling it to become a nuclear power and thereby an anchor to any other islamic brother.
sure he is a polished politician. that is his job and that is where we are getting suckered
islamics and nuclear power is kinda like drinking (to excess) and driving. im sure of it.
Rafsanjani has the power. The real power. Ahmadinejad's playing international "bad cop" in the game and rattling the sabers. His hothead act might be real - he's a "true believer", but it's a game set-up by Rafsanjani. Reactions are being watched and weighed. The act ups the ante for future negotiations. Iran will back down to a position better than they could have gotten without the "I'm a crazy nut" theatrics.
all the more reason they buddy up
and their religion drives them to the same places./ they are brothers. make no doubt about it
Ahmadinejad is a puppet, but a very good one. He has the gift of being a good speaker, one who can rally Islamists. And, of course, that is the leadership's hope. If I had to choose the world's currently most dangerous man, it would be him.
And one more thing - the young people aren't "out of hand" rejecting Ahmadinejad. Because of his passion and true believer stance, they think he might be a reformer who can do what others only promised... The real question? When will Rafsanjani pull the rug out from under him?
LOL, want me to post my 'painted face' again? It kindof resembles him!
I dont think the rug will be pulled from sidesho bob