Skip to comments.Iranian Alert - December 28, 2005 - Iranís Ahmadinejad wants committee to investigate Holocaust
Posted on 12/28/2005 6:14:06 PM PST by DoctorZIn
Top News Story
Irans Ahmadinejad wants committee to investigate Holocaust
Monday, 26th December 2005
Tehran, Iran, Dec. 26 Irans hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad who recently called for the destruction of Israel and termed the Holocaust a myth has asked for a committee to be set up to prove that the massacre of some six million Jews in Nazi Germany never took place.
The Fars news agency, which is close to the office of Irans Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, said that Ahmadinejad had proposed the idea after his comments calling for Israel to be moved to European countries such as Germany and Austria drew international outrage and United Nations Security Council condemnation.
Mohammad-Ali Ramin, who heads the state-run body Society for Defending the Rights of Muslim Minorities in the West, told Fars that Ahmadinejad wanted European governments to permit Western scholars to publish their research on the Holocaust.
Ahmadinejad wanted the committee to clarify the real extent of the Holocaust, according to Ramin, who added that the radical President had the support of hard-liners loyal to the Supreme Leader.
Senior officials inside the clerical establishment including Khamenei himself have backed Ahmadinejads threatening remarks against the Jewish state.
- Iran Focus reported that Irans Majlis (Parliament) Speaker Gholam-Ali Haddad-Adel said the Islamic Republic wanted Islamic nations to unite.
- DW-World.de published an interview with German arms expert Oliver Meier about the chances of a diplomatic solution to the nuclear standoff.
- Reuters reported that Moscow's tensions with the West over Iran's nuclear program and its patchy record on democracy will test Russia's year at the helm of the G8.
- MEMRI reported that Iraqi reformist Dr. Abd Al-Khaleq Hussein criticized the Iranian and Syrian regimes and their actions in Iraq and Lebanon. He wrote that these regimes were fascist.
- The Jerusalem Post reported that Mossad Chief Meir Dagan said: "Iran is one to two years away, at the latest, from having enriched uranium."
- China Daily reported that a Frenchman was in good health after being picked up along with a German man in the Straits of Hormuz.
- The Peninsula reported that the managers of a reformist-funded satellite television channel are to take legal action against Iranian authorities for allegedly banning their activities and broadcast funded by Mehdi Karoubi, a reformist cleric.
- Arab Monitor reported that Turkeys Foreign Minister Abdullah Gul dismissed reports about an alleged US offer to permit Turkey to take out PKK bases in Iran in exchange for Turkeys support of US military strikes against Iran.
- Rooz Online reported on the Iranian government's battle over Azad University.
- Radio Free Europe published an excerpt from "Tehran Blues," a new book by Kaveh Basmenji. An interesting read.
- Shahram Rafiizadeh, Rooz Online reported that this past week's union strike of Bus drivers in Tehran is the most serious confrontation between workers and government officials during the last two decades.
- Radio Free Europe reported that Tehran's prayer leader recently said: "we consider ourselves pioneers of human rights."
- Rooz Online reported that in a public letter, Ms Shafiee, the wife of imprisoned journalist and writer Akbar Ganji has called the recent statements of Mahmud Salarkia, the deputy prosecutor of Tehran to be laughable.
- Bill Gertz, The Washington Times reported that several Chinese companies involved in selling missile goods and chemical-arms materials to Iran have been hit with U.S. sanctions.
- And finally, The Intelligence Summit published: The Extraction Of The Stone Of Iranian Madness. (I wish dealing with Ahmadinejad were this easy)
"If you want on or off this Iran ping list, Freepmail DoctorZin
Join Us At Today's Iranian Alert Thread The Most Underreported Story Of The Year!
"If you want on or off this Iran ping list, Freepmail DoctorZin
keep talking like this Ahmandinejad, I think you may find yourself in a pile of rubble that glows in the dark.
Hey folks, I hate Iran as much as the next freeper, but I would like a little more back up on a story like this.
Bill Clinton is watching this committee closely
If they can prove there was no holocaust , there shouldnt be any problem at all proving he didnt get a head job from Monica.
"Palestine is the wrong name for their State. It should be called Anarchy."FReeper sgtbono2002
"Then let's wait and see what the Arabs do after they take Gaza. There's nothing like Arab reality to break up a Jewish fantasy."FReeper Noachian
A student told his professor he was going to "Palestine" to "fight for freedom, peace and justice,"Orwellian leftist code words that mean "murder Jews."
The Nature Of Bruce ~
I hear Iran has hired BAGHDAD BOB to do the investigation.
why doesn't this Ahmadinejad guy just go back to reading the quran and leave foreign policy to more mature people?
Yep, I think that will be his fate too.
He'll be eating radioactive hummus for breakfast lol.
I hope Iran has an exceedingly GOOD air defense system. They're going to need it.
I think most already know the outcome of this 'investigation'.
The Holocaust did take place, but it was all a Zionist plot to kill themselves.
MIHOP or LIHOP?
The questions burning in everyone's minds are:
1) Did Hitler have WMD?
2) Could diplomatic efforts have avoided WWII if Roosevelt had not acted so rashly?
3) Were the Japanese really to blame for the attack on Pearl Harbor, or was it the natural reaction to American imperialism?
4) Would the Japanese have surrendered anyway, without Hiroshima?
5) Why did the Jews not show up for work on the day Hitler invaded France?
This guy is like having Farrakhan as Pres here. Shudder.
I'm sure Germany will offer plenty of help.
First, I don't hate Iran. Just it's leaders.
Second, exactly what "back up" are you asking for? Source?
A must read....
Jews Should Revolt Against Israel! ????
An Iranian compilation of threats to Israel, the US and the western civilization.
Were the Japanese really to blame for the attack on Pearl Harbor, or was it the natural reaction to American imperialism?
I've acyully had people make this argument with a straight face.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.