Skip to comments.RSC top ten
Posted on 03/01/2006 4:20:58 AM PST by Gipper08
The conservative Republican Study Committee, led by Rep. Mike Pence, today released their top 10 legislative priorities for this congressional year. The list reads like a must-accomplish list of action items for conservatives.
Topping the list is fundamental tax reform coupled with making the tax cuts permanent and budget process reform designed to incentivize Congress to be fiscally responsible -- the opposite of the way it is now.
For the full list check the extended section.
RSC TOP TEN
1. Make the Tax Cuts Permanent, including the repeal of the marriage-tax penalty and the death tax and pass fundamental tax reform.
2. Pass Budget Process Reform, which includes budgeting for emergencies with a rainy day fund, instituting a sunset commission for federal programs, instituting a constitutional line-item veto, and making the budget resolution carry the force of law.
3. Pass another Deficit Reduction Bill in the form of budget reconciliation, to reign in autopilot spending, which has risen from 25% of all federal spending in 1963 to 54% today, and is expected to reach nearly 60% in 2014.
4. Pass Ethics Reform that requires transparency and earmark reform that permits Members of Congress to strike earmarks on the House floor.
5. Pass the Marriage Protection Amendment, to ensure that marriage, the union of a woman and a man as husband and wife, is not redefined by activist judges.
6. Pass a Balanced Budget Amendment to put our fiscal house in order.
7. Offset all emergency supplemental spending with spending reductions and offset all new programs with simultaneous, equivalent reductions in, or eliminations of, existing programs.
8. Defend the Sanctity of Human Life, which includes banning all human cloning, passing the Unborn Child Pain Awareness Act, promoting ethical adult stem cell research, and preventing federal funding for destructive embryonic stem cell research.
9. Pass Protections for Religious Freedom, such as the Pledge of Allegiance, the Ten Commandments, and religious expression in the public square.
10. Pass legislation that stops the raid on the Social Security Trust Fund and allows Americans to own a Personal Social Security Account.
With all due respect to Congressman Pence, this wouldn't be necessary if he and his cohorts in Congress had any spine to begin with.
More and more Pence is sounding and looking like McLaim and Tancredo - just another anti-Bush media whore!
"If Pence spent as much time lobbying his cohorts"
He does and it has equaled results.You have no knowledge at all on the topic you are speaking on.
Where do I sign up? He is dead on.
Think they're hoping the illegal immigration thing will just blow over?
11. Ignore ILLEGAL immigration.
That doesn't match my list.
Here's what I send 'em every time they ask for $$$...
1. secure the borders and deport illegal aliens
2. rein in federal spending
3. reform the federal tort system
4. stop unconstitutional rule by unconstrained judicial fiat; especially, tame the 9th Circuit
5. remove barriers to domestic energy production and refining
They don't seem interested in most of my agenda.
I guess the immigration reform will come from the senate. Top two imho are immigration and reduced spending.