You have a very important point here. The reasons he would do this are various:
1. The defense money grab accusations are 'illegitimized' (in the left brain) because he is against 'this' war and is a "Marine".
2. The defense money investigation is 'destabilized' (in the left brain) because he is against 'this' war and is a "Marine".
3. The defense seat he pretends not to want is 'corrupt' (in the left brain) because he is 'defending' our servicemembers and is a "Marine".
4. The medals he requested give him 'absolute authority' (in the left brain) to speak for me because he is 'a hero' with no need to prove it because who would dare question medals a third time (Cleland/McCain/Kerry) and is a "Marine".
5. The long service he rendered to our country grants him 'total immunity' (in the left brain) from scrutiny during a time of war because no one would dare call him a "Weekend Warrior" with reservists and National Guard combat deployments and is a "Marine".
6. The dangers, risks, and the expert policy advise he publicly declares provide him 'balls' (in the left brain) for no one would dare accuse him of giving aid and comfort to the enemy because he dare speaks 'truth to power' and is a "Marine".
He is an illegimate, destabilized, corrupt traitor who, with his left brain, deceives himself and others into believing he has absolute authority, total immunity, and balls.
Now. When there is what is known as a shitbird in the Corps, it's a unique situation. A shitbird isn't given free reign to disgrace the rest of his platoon or the Corps, much less put anyone at risk. This is a band of brothers and when one screws up, all suffer. Bad behavior isn't tolerated. Once upon a time, a shitbird who wouldn't bath properly by himself and was 'dirty', caused his platoon to suffer. The platoon took it upon themselves to wrap the dirty shitbird in a blanket, carried him outside, scrubbed him until he understood the definition of a clean Marine, and until he understood dirty Marines were not tolerated.
Murtha is a dirty Marine.
Not only are the rest of the Marines suffering because of this dirty Marine but he is also causing suffering to the Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, National Guard and America itself.
Irey is leading the 'platoon' to scrub the dirt off this dirty Marine, the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor, our servicemembers uniforms, our Flag, and our Country. It is not right for patriots to ask those who already are fighting for us to fight a second battle.
God bless her, and God Bless America.
Ma, you said "Shitbird"!
We will all still love you.
But regardless of what happens, when this is over the only dishonor will be that which this EX-marine Murtha has brought on himself. The Corps does and will shine as bright as ever.