Skip to comments.'Mad as Hell' Coalition Tells US, 'Do What Mexico Does'
Posted on 04/10/2006 1:17:26 PM PDT by inpajamas
A conservative advocacy group is speaking for Americans who think illegal immigration is out of control and ought to be stopped.
The Freedom Alliance, founded by Lt.-Col. Oliver North, said it is launching a movement called the "I'm Mad as Hell and I'm Not Gonna Take it Anymore!" coalition.
The group is asking concerned Americans to call, email and fax congressional offices with objections to amnesty for people who come to this country illegally.
"Senator Reid won't take immigration seriously until illegal immigrants begin invading Capitol Hill or his cushy office," said Freedom Alliance President Tom Kilgannon. "His wavering on the immigration bill shows why he is the minority party leader; he isn't listening to the majority of Americans."
Freedom Alliance analyst John Dougherty said it's ironic that protestors are demanding rights for illegals in the United States that illegals don't have in Mexico.
According to an official translation published by the Organization of American States, the Mexican constitution does not allow foreigners to participate in the political affairs of the country. That ban applies to participation in demonstrations.
In Mexico, even legal immigrants don't have equal employment rights; and the Mexican constitution also says that foreigners -- not just illegal immigrants -- may be expelled from the country for any reason and without due process.
While Mexico does nothing to stop the flow of its citizens to the United States, Mexican lawmakers clearly have put their own people first when it comes to immigration and foreign labor law, Dougherty said.
"For once, American lawmakers can follow the lead of their counterparts south of the border. They should adopt the same laws," he added.
The Freedom Alliance describes its mission as honoring and encouraging military service, defending the sovereignty of the United States and promoting a strong national defense.
Excellent! I hope he shows up on every news show and radio broadcast in the country. He's a great American. If anyone can rally the American voter - it's him!
I say go for it. Hurrah for Lt Col North. This ILLEGAL crap is out of hand and will lead to violence if our pols don't act soon to enforce our existing laws. Don't make new ones just use the ones we have.
but he IS the minority party leader, and thus largely irrelevant if the majority had its act together.
Kilgannon, et al, would be well advised to quit worrying about Reid and focus on the Globalists in the GOP--including the one who lives in the White House.
The dirty secret about immigration is that if illegal immigrants are sent back, government at every level loses BILLIONS of dollars, and that measn loss of power.
Don't expect anyone, Democrat or Republican, to pass serious reform.
This November, I'm voting "None of the Above"
"reciprocity now!"..AND for Saudi Princes also when landing in Vegas-BURN the Korans!
I guess that is better than the alternative of voting for a dem. Your screen name fits you well.
Here's what I'm FAXING (don't call, you're just a chit mark).....to my Rep and Senators .....
HOW to solve the ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION problem
1. Build a barrier....that works on the southern border.
2. Require every employee and every individual getting services/$$ (hospital, Soc. Sec. Medicare, Food Stamps, etc.) provide a certifiable BIRTH CERTIFICATE of birth in America.
3. FINE Employers who have ILLEGALS working for them - $5K per day, per ILLEGAL...
Can someone tell me where to get the actualy physical addresses of my Texas reps? I think sending a letter has more impact than just a call.
Immigration Solution: Do as Mexico Does, Ha!
As hundreds of thousands of protestors gather on Monday to show their support for the pro-immigration movement, Freedom Alliance (www.freedomalliance.org) plans to start a movement of its own, the Im Mad as Hell and Im Not Gonna Take it Anymore! coalition.
Freedom Alliance is asking Americans to call, email and fax their congressional offices particularly those in support of illegal immigrants, talk radio, local newspapers and whoever will listen and say immigration is out of control, Im Mad as Hell and Im Not Gonna Take it Anymore!
Senator Reid wont take immigration seriously until illegal immigrants begin invading Capitol Hill or his cushy office, said Freedom Alliance President, Tom Kilgannon. His wavering on the immigration bill shows why he is the minority party leader, he isnt listening the majority of Americans.
Whats more, people are protesting for rights for illegals in America that they arent entitled to in Mexico, says Freedom Alliance Immigration Policy Analyst, Jon Dougherty. Lets give Congress something to worry about while on recess for the next two weeks.
According to an official translation published by the Organization of American States, the Mexican constitution includes the following restrictions:
- Pursuant to Article 33, Foreigners may not in any way participate in the political affairs of the country. This ban applies, among other things, to participation in demonstrations and the expression of opinions in public about domestic politics like those much in evidence in Los Angeles, New York and elsewhere in recent days. Equal Employment rights are denied to immigrants, even legal ones. Article 32: Mexicans shall have priority over foreigners under equality of circumstances for all classes of concessions and for all employment, positions, or commissions of the Government in which the status of citizenship is not indispensable.
- Article 11 guarantees federal protection against undesirable aliens resident in the country. What is more, private individuals are authorized to make citizen's arrests. Article 16 states, In cases of flagrante delicto, any person may arrest the offender and his accomplices, turning them over without delay to the nearest authorities. In other words, Mexico grants its citizens the right to arrest illegal aliens and hand them over to police for prosecution. Imagine the Minutemen exercising such a right!
- The Mexican constitution states that foreigners -- not just illegal immigrants -- may be expelled for any reason and without due process. According to Article 33, the Federal Executive shall have the exclusive power to compel any foreigner whose remaining he may deem inexpedient to abandon the national territory immediately and without the necessity of previous legal action.
"Mexico has rarely been a reliable ally in terms of helping staunch the illegal flow of its citizens to the United States. In fact, Mexico usually does all it can to aid that process," Dougherty said. "But clearly, over the years, Mexican lawmakers have put their own people and their own nation first in terms of drafting immigration and foreign labor laws. For once, American lawmakers can follow the lead of their counterparts south of the border. They should adopt the same laws."
Well it seems to me that if so many illegals are together right now protesting, wouldn't that would be the perfect time to round them all up and arrest them as per the law? Or are all the protestors "legals" just looking for a cause?
They're all corrupt. Congress doesnt live in the real world.
Follow el dinero.
A bloodless revolution is happening in the streets of our country and our President and Congress are doing NOTHING to stop it. The will of 12 million criminals is supplanting that of our citizens with the aid of our elected officials. God help us.
Anyone wanting to reach his/her congressman can go to www.house.gov; for your Senator it's www.senate.gov.
Plug in your zip code and your Congresscritter's name will come up to his/her webpage. Some will have their DC address listed on the main page, others you'd have to click "contact us" and it should give both their DC and home office(s) addresses and phone/fax numbers.
worth a read