But before you knock it, remember that Holywood has spread, more than anything or anyone else, the essence of America.
Bullshit. In Hollywood's America:
- Corporations are always evil.
- The government exists to murder people, but is the only place to turn in times of distress.
- Soldiers are mindless, robotic brutes or drooling, Neanderthal sadists.
- Scientists and engineers are always mad, and never make anything good or useful.
- Businessmen are always amoral and greedy.
- Any overtly religious character is a cardboard cutout of Elmer Gantry
- Government agents murder citizens to hide their previous crimes every day
- Southerners and country people: all bad, inbred, evil racist hicks. Northerners and city people: saints.
- Lawyers and journalists, parasitic professions that live by tearing down their betters, are always good guys.
- The criminal is always the rich white guy (spend a day in a criminal court anywhere in the USA. Take notes. Then go over the last ten movies you saw with a bad guy).
- Kids are always smarter than adults (in their own Hollywood families, after the parents' lifetime of drug worship, this may be true).
- The highest good is always whatever feels best in the here-and-now.
- The only error you can make with sex is to pass it up.
- Muslims are always the victims of evil.
- Christians are always the perpetrators of evil.
Hollywood presents a nihilistic and inverted view of the real world. Its values are corrosive to civil society; it seethes with hatred of all that is good, decent and productive, and trumpets a giddy fanfare to all that is evil and damaging.
You think this is the essence of America?
But hey, they make a profit.
Criminal Number 18F
posted on 04/23/2006 10:37:34 AM PDT
by Criminal Number 18F
(Fighting Democrats, huh? Where the hell were they when I was fighting?)
To: Criminal Number 18F
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson