"I doubt they plan to surrender, but they certainly appear to be trying to incite a war. I'm trying to figure out the motive.
* Is this a New York sidewalk defense? Act crazy enough and people will leave you alone?
* What could they gain by a war? An excuse to invade Iraq?
* Do they think that they could engage the U.S. on the ground in Iraq and win?
* Are they benefiting from driving the price of oil up?
* Is their mad president inciting a war as a way of bringing down the Iranian government?
* Does he think he is rallying the troops and consolidating his position in Iran and/or the muslim world?
I just don't get it."
I have gone through similar thinking process about the Iranians and shared your perplexity for some time. However, I have finally tied this in with other events, such as the sudden eruption of Pro illegal immigration rallies, etc. Check out my analysis if you like.
Strategofr's 2006 Passover Analysis of the U. S. and the World
April 18, 2006 | Strategofr
Thanks that's a really interesting analysis and thread.