I doubt they plan to surrender, but they certainly appear to be trying to incite a war. I'm trying to figure out the motive.
I just don't get it.
This 12th Imam will appear on the scene as Islam's "Mahdi" ("savior") (along with Jesus according to them BTW)and bring the world to justice (Islam-style)under Sharia law. (This teaching like so many other Islam teachings are knock-offs of events recorded in the Bible. The Bible has Jesus returning at Armeggedon to defeat all those against Israel and restoring peace on earth while Islam has their Mahdi who they think will do the same.)
Ahmadinejad appears to believe that if he can create such chaos and war, he can hasten the appearing of the Mahdi.
I have read numerous articles where Ahmadinejad comments that he has had meetings with this hidden 12th imam and feels that he is under the power and influence of the 12th imam, and is protected in what he does, by the 12th imam.
According to one article I read, Ahmadinejad sees himself as one of 36 or so "nails" of the coming Mahdi, who has influence to prepare the world for the Mahdi's appearance.
For your consideration. - OB1
"I doubt they plan to surrender, but they certainly appear to be trying to incite a war. I'm trying to figure out the motive.
* Is this a New York sidewalk defense? Act crazy enough and people will leave you alone?
* What could they gain by a war? An excuse to invade Iraq?
* Do they think that they could engage the U.S. on the ground in Iraq and win?
* Are they benefiting from driving the price of oil up?
* Is their mad president inciting a war as a way of bringing down the Iranian government?
* Does he think he is rallying the troops and consolidating his position in Iran and/or the muslim world?
I just don't get it."
I have gone through similar thinking process about the Iranians and shared your perplexity for some time. However, I have finally tied this in with other events, such as the sudden eruption of Pro illegal immigration rallies, etc. Check out my analysis if you like.
Strategofr's 2006 Passover Analysis of the U. S. and the World
April 18, 2006 | Strategofr