Skip to comments.Immigration madness (Tony Blankley)
Posted on 05/03/2006 3:12:59 AM PDT by Elkiejg
......It is almost inconceivable that an argument is taken seriously that we don't have the right to secure our borders and determine who shall enter our country. Not only has such lunacy become respectable, but our mainstream media instantly, instinctively embraces such a position. Every radio headline newscast, almost every newspaper and television report willfully refuses to distinguish between illegal and legal immigrants. Each report stamps the mark of evil on the forehead of all who would guard our borders. ......
(Excerpt) Read more at insider.washingtontimes.com ...
This letter sent to Senator Frist from a retired border patrol agent has more common sense than all the bull being spewed from the Senate, with the exception of a few sensible representatives.
Dear Senator Frist:
There is a huge amount of propaganda and myths circulating about illegal aliens, particularly illegal Mexican, Salvadorian, Guatemalan and Honduran aliens.
1. Illegal aliens generally do NOT want U.S. citizenship. Americans are very vain thinking that everybody in the world wants to be a U.S. citizen. Mexicans, and other nationalities want to remain citizens of their home countries while obtaining the benefits offered by the Unit ed States such as employment, medical care, in-state tuition, government subsidized housing and free education for their offspring. Their main attraction is employment and their loyalty usually remains at home. They want benefits earned and subsidized by middle class Americans. What illegal aliens want are benefits of American residence without paying the price.
2. There are no jobs that Americans won't do. Illegal aliens are doing jobs that Americans can't take and still support their families. Illegal aliens take low wage jobs, live dozens in a single residence home, share expenses and send money to their home country. There are no jobs that Americans won't do for a decent wage.
3. Every person who illegally entered this nation left a home. They are NOT homeless and they are NOT Americans. Some left jobs in their home countries. They come to send money to their real home as evidenced by the more than 20 billion dollars sent out of the country each year by illegal aliens. These illegal aliens knowingly and willfully entered this nation in violation of the law and therefore assumed the risk of detection and deportation. Those who brought their alien children assumed the responsibility and risk on behalf of their children.
4. Illegal aliens are NOT critical to the economy. Illegal aliens constitute less than 5% of the workforce. However, they reduce wages and benefits for lawful U.S. residents.
5. This is NOT an immigrant nation. There are 280 million native born Americans. While it is true that this nation was settled and founded by immigrants (legal immigrants), it is also true that there is not a nation on this planet that was not settled by immigrants at one time or another.
6. The United States is welcoming to legal immigrants. Illegal aliens are not immigrants by definition. The U.S. accepts more lawful immigrants every year than the rest of the world combined.
7. There is no such thing as the "Hispanic vote". Hispanics are white, brown, black and every shade in between. Hispanics are Republicans, Democrats, Anarchists, Communists, Marxists and Independents. The so-called "Hispanic vote" is a myth. Pandering to illegal aliens to get the Hispanic vote is a dead end.
8. Mexico is NOT a friend of the United States. Since 1848 Mexicans have resented the United States. During World War I Mexico allowed German Spies to operate freely in Mexico to spy on the U.S. During World War II Mexico allowed the Axis powers to spy on the U.S. from Mexico. During the Cold War Mexico allowed spies hostile to the U.S. to operate freely. The attack on the Twin Towers in 2001 was cheered and applauded all across Mexico. Today Mexican school children are taught that the U.S. stole California, Arizona, new Mexico and Texas. If you don't believe it, check out some Mexican textbooks written for their schoolchildren.
9. Although some illegal aliens enter this country for a better life, there are 6 billion people on this planet. At least 1 billion of those live on less than one dollar a day. If wanting a better life is a valid excuse to break the law and sneak into America, then let's allow those one billion to come to America and we'll turn the USA into a Third World nation overnight. Besides, there are 280 million native born Americans who want a better life. I'll bet Bill Gates and Donald Trump want a better life. When will the USA lifeboat be full? Since when is wanting a better life a good reason to trash another nation?
10. There is a labor shortage in this country. This is a lie. There are hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of American housewives, senior citizens, students, unemployed and underemployed who would gladly take jobs at a decent wage.
11. It is racist to want secure borders. What is racist about wanting secure borders and a secure America? What is racist about not wanting people to sneak into America and steal benefits we have set aside for legal aliens, senior citizens, children and other legal residents? What is it about race that entitles people to violate our laws, steal identities, and take the American Dream without paying the price?
For about four decades American politicians have refused to secure our borders and look after the welfare of middle class Americans. These politicians have been of both parties. A huge debt to American society has resulted. This debt will be satisfied and the interest will be high. There has already been riots in the streets by illegal aliens and their supporters. There will be more. You, as a politician, have a choice to offend the illegal aliens who have stolen into this country and demanded the rights afforded to U.S. citizens or to offend those of us who are stakeholders in this country. The interest will be steep either way. There will be civil unrest. There will be a reckoning. Do you have the courage to do what is right for America? Or, will you bow to the wants and needs of those who don't even have the right to remain here?
There will be a reckoning. It will come in November of this year, again in 2008 and yet again in 2010.
We will not allow America to be stolen by third world agitators and thieves.
David J. Stoddard
U.S. Border Patrol (RET)
The corrupt often like to resort to making those participating in wrong seem right and those who respect and seek honorable and lawful compliance as the culprits.
There is absolutely no ethical basis the OBL can stand to validate their positions except to play upon emotion.
Yeah, buttheads. The same capitalism that provides you jobs here in the US, that you couldn't get in Mexico, so you had to leave, right? And some folks want these fools to be allowed to vote. Hell, NO!
The green banner proves they are socialists that hate capitalism, our President, and America,and you have the true reason all the illegal invaders are flooding in, Revolution!!
Senators who are (R) MUST see that their true intent is a revolution and not grant them amnesty!
Gee wonder why the lib left MSM didn't report that banner.
Sadly that's true.
By now the border should have tons of armed guards protecting it the 20 million already here are problem enough but to allow another 20 million at this moment is criminal.
Thanks for posting this letter. It certainly sums up the situation and should be circulated to all (congress and especially members of the media).
Thanks for posting this letter. It certainly sums up the situation and should be circulated to all (congress and especially members of the media).
(look at the green banner, true intent of illegals)
Thank you for sharing this. I emailed my congressman (Donald Manzullo) the URL to this post, asking him that he read your particular reply. The email follows:
"Last week I emailed you in support of Congressman Sensenbrenner's stance on the immigration letter. Today I want to advise you of an interesting post on Free Republic that also addresses this issue. The link is:
In particular, I refer you to reply #4 which contains a copy of a letter to Senator Frist from a Border Patrol agent in Arizona. This letter is a very sensible, open statement on the issue.
Again, please follow the lead of Congressman Sensenbrenner when the issue again comes to the House for consideration. America cannot withstand continued insurgence across its borders and remain a free country. This letter is explicit in telling why that is true.
Ethical basis, no, but you'd really have to ask yourself the hard question about which "lobby" is playing upon emotions the most.
The reason I support immigration and wish that U.S policy was geared toward legalizing more immigrants - not necessarily to become full citizens with all the perk, mind you, but to be able to account for who is here and why - is for the reasons laid out in this post (post #44 which I'm linking to).
All illegal persons between the ages of 18 and 30 who are captured are subject to the TRIPLE OPTION.
1. You are returned to your home country. You pay all costs involved in your transportation home. You pay a fine.
2.You are drafted into the armed forces for 3 years. After basic training you spend the remainder of the 3 years in Iraq or Afganistan. Upon the completion of the 3 years, you may apply of citizenship via the LEGAL route. You receive pay and benefits according to the military system.
3. You are drafted into the new Service Corps for 3 years. You are sent to either Iraq or Afganistan to rebuild these countries, provide humanitarian aid, or work in agriculture. You are paid according to the military pay scale. After 3 years of good conduct, you may apply for citizenship as in Option 2.
WOW!! HE gets it!
That post should be faxed to Congress and the President, and all the pro-illegals!
The illegals, even if they came for our jobs are thieves! they break in and steal 3 billion jobs that Americans WOULD do! They steal our welfare benefits and than after they mooch off taxpayers they demonstrate and make even more demands, nothing but kicking their big fat butts out on their butt out of this country commonly referred to as deport will do!!!!
Of all the talk about felonies and fences, cutting gub bennies would basically solve the problem. Congress can/should/must pass a law prohibiting lefty state governments from letting tax dollars go to illegals. And then, as noted, the problem ends.
Yes, but which benefits do you cut that illegals are being a drain on? The reason that they're a drain on health care - if they really are - is not because it's government run, it's because of the Hippocratic Oath the health professionals adhere to. And education is largely paid for by property taxes which are even passed on to those who rent; so immigrants do pay for some of it indirectly. However, the birth rates among immigrants tend to be higher than our current non-immigrant population, so they're probably, in most cases, taking in more education resources than the put into it. What are some of the other government monies that illegals have access to? I'm not quite sure where else they're being a drain on except in infrastructure costs such as law enforcement.
(post 44 you refer to)
More fertilizer logic by so called experts, we could counter this garbage with tons of REAL reasons by experts that PROVE illegals are a detriment affecting our economy as proven by their "great boycott" against AMERICA's economy, actions speak LOUDER than these so called economists OPINIONS, and that is all this is , OPINION of a bunch of pro-illegals. It isn't bad that Snow supports Capitalism BUT to support illegals is stupid and to use Capitalism as the basis for supporting Capitalism is even more bizarre when there are 300 MILLION Americans who would work jobs in construction etc that the illegals have stolen!
So now we know why Snow was chosen.
There are plenty of experts who will support the notion that ILLEGALS flooding into this country are bad for America!
9-11 is one of the best! Their boycott to RUIN America's economy is another, Their banners stating they hate Capitalism is another, OVERCROWDED schools and hospitals to name a few is another reason!!!
Sometimes LOGIC and real reasons the illegals are a scourge on this country escapes most so called experts sitting in their little offices making their own reality. And than there is true REALITY the illegals must be deoported as they disrespect all things American including CAPITALISM!!!!!
The very argument that the illegals are good for the economy is dispelled by their hatred for the very thing the economists and obviously Tony Snow is trying to make an argument for, Capitalism, We Conservatives of course support Capitalism, we do NOT find Capitalism evil or bad, BUT the ILLEGALS DO!! IF they did not steal the jobs there would be plenty of AMERICANS who do support capitalism that would gladly take those jobs!
I've never been lived in Missouri but I will still ask that you show me.
Here's what I've read.
"1. Illegal aliens generally do NOT want U.S. citizenship. Americans are very vain thinking that everybody in the world wants to be a U.S. citizen. Mexicans, and other nationalities want to remain citizens of their home countries while obtaining the benefits offered by the Unit ed States such as employment, medical care, in-state tuition, government subsidized housing and free education for their offspring. Their main attraction is employment and their loyalty usually remains at home. They want benefits earned and subsidized by middle class Americans. What illegal aliens want are benefits of American residence without paying the price."
I have been saying this from day one, yet I get bounced and trounced on FR for my views.
Making an argument to support your misguided non-American position are you?
No thanks we aren't buying and never will , we are out in the trenches and see reality, it hits us in the face daily it hits us when they prove how they HATE America and "gringo's" there is absolutely NO argument to support the illegal scourge that will ever be accepted because that would be like saying golly we shouldn't have gone into Iraq or Afghaniston to fight terroism and that is NOT a position I or any of the ones who are anti-illegals would support!
The ILLEGALS are against the war,and are against our President.
We need to and are supporting any war the President feels is necessary to fight terroism and these people are terroists who are against all things that Americans have fought for!
They outright said that they are going to boycott to break America's economy to bring America's economy to it's knees.
Your position is one that socialist marxist lefties support, oh sweet little illegals doing jobs Americans wont do to support their families/ BS!!
Capital;ism is good for the economy I agree Americans working, saving and buying is good for the economy ILLEGAL criminals are stealing from the economy!
The last time we opened the floodgates and allowed millions in (1890-1920) these immigrants gave us the income tax, direct election of senators, prohibition, the left wing bureaucratic culture and 16 years of FDR the socialist.
I see the same or worse happening by legalizing 20 million invaders today.
That letter deserves its own thread
What I believe is irrelevant, what is PROVEN daily by the illegals is relevant and you're comment that the boycott was actually ran by Americans has proven what you are.
Ever run a small business where your competitors (who 's majority of workers are illegal) consistently under bid you by 20% - 30%?
Ever lose out on a few $75,000.00 - $250,000.00 contracts?
Probably not, or you'd be singing a different tune.
This is the most thoughtful and intelligent summation I've read on this issue. I want to send it to some people- do you have a source/link? It's superb!
The folks who seem to hate Capitalism the most are:
1. Children of rich white liberals
2. People who fled their hell-holes for a better life in America (only to discover some "ism" once they get here).
3. People who don't want to work for a living.
Or some combination of all of the above.
Are you still profitable?
I didn't think that you could. Thank you for your honesty.
Again, it's not even so much an argument that the are a drain -- although if someone comes to this country illegally and starts collecting Medicare, yeah, they are a drain.
it's about getting control of the border and making sure our policy remains (returns to?) E pluribus unum.
It's about minimizing incentives to break the rules and maximizing incentives to follow the rules.
Also, it would be a way of communicating to the world that if you want a free ride you're probably better off staying home -- which would help weed out undesirables.
And remember I'm one who supports Dubya's "amnesty" and the guest worker program.
And the honest answer would likely be their dope-addled minds.
But you can have dual citizenship. With that you can move freely between Mexico and US without a problem and be able to collect some of the social services that Illegals currently can't get without it. A visa or green card is only temporary. Wouldn't they want dual citizenship?
My word, a voice of reason. This gentleman nails it. Suppose anyone will listen?
Just posted letter as stand alone thread.
"And the honest answer would likely be their dope-addled minds."
Dope addled minds?
Ever repair a BMW 8 series?
Let's say the quarter panel needs replacing...
Can you take apart the right rear interior without destroying it?
Remove the rear glass without cracking it?...it does cost $2600.00 you know.
Do you know where all the HSS components are?
Do you know what areas you can TIG weld and what areas you can't?
Can you do a $15,000.00 - $30,000.00 repair on a $150,000.00 car and have retain 100% of it's factory integrity?
Can you take apart a $100,000.00 car (a car that took countless people and robots to assemble) and repair it back to factory specs without any flaws in the paint, interior or Chassis and then reassemble it?
You'd likely wind up with a wheel barrow full of "extra" nuts and bolts. LOL
Those are a few of the things I learned in my State Tech School.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.