Skip to comments.Jimmy Carter: Recovering Racist, Still a Bigot
Posted on 06/01/2006 10:14:41 AM PDT by Sabramerican
Jimmy Carter: Recovering Racist, Still a Bigot
By Julia Gorin
Jimmy Carter has been called everything from a humanitarian, to a crack pot, to the ultimate pacifist. But a look into his past reveals a shoe that fits better than all of these.
It's a story told to me by an acquaintance from Watertown, NY, a place situated way upstate, well north of Syracuse. The acquaintance had heard it from two barflies who were there the night in 1975 that Jimmy Carter passed through town in his first New York appearance during the "250-day 1975 portion of the presidential campaign," as Carter had called it.
The story goes that after giving a speech at the Holiday Inn, Carter stopped by the Rebel Room Tavern, a bar that once existed near the old Woolworth building and catered to southern servicemen based near by. Not knowing that an employee from the local paper was present, Carter joked around with the locals and, as two of those locals related the story to my friend, "every other word out of his mouth was 'nigger' or 'kike.'" But styling itself after The New York Times, the paper didn't print undignified information about candidates it was friendly toward, and the potentially damaging tidbit never made it into print.
At least that's how the story goes.
(Excerpt) Read more at jewishworldreview.com ...
it is not good to wish people dead, but our country would be better off if it was his time i think...
FASCINATING HOW THE MEDIA JUST "FORGETS" THIS TO ATTACK PEOPLE LIKE TRENT LOTT WHILE LETTING BYRD SKATE!
· US Supreme Court - Democrats attack Republicans for Support of Blacks
· Democrats Past, Present, and Future unkind to Blacks
· Democrats Past, Present, and Future unkind to Blacks - II
· Welfare, Family, and social policies destroy Black Community (Black Community)
· Democrats Exploit Blacks
· Democratic Racism (The real reason behind the borking of Miguel Estrada.)
· Jackson: Dems Treat Blacks Like Victims
· Democrat Racism - Politics and the DNC lies to Blacks (Education and the TRUTH will finally set them free)
· Sen. Robert Byrd, ex-Klansman (Racism, part of the Democratic PROUD HERITAGE)
· For Byrd KKK was stepping stone to Democrat Politics (Byrd suggests in his book that the KKK is not such a bad organization)
· CORE Chief: Harry Reid a 'Slave-ocrat' (Filibuster was used by Dems for 100 years to keep SLAVERY alive)
· Demonizing Justice Brown - Dems ATTACK Black Female Judge (The Bible, Values, and Morals are NOT acceptable for a Black Female Judge!)
· The Black Family: 40 Years of Liberal Lies (How the Left has ENSURED the destruction of the Black Community)
· Black Families, Black Men (How Democrat Socialist Programs have DESTROYED the Black Family)
Um, nah. Kinda hard to buy that one, and it's ancient hearsay regardless. Politicians say immensely stupid things on the campaign trail when they think they're in company that they believe will be a receptive audience, but I don't think I can believe that about Carter.
Now, I once heard an anecdote about Carter where a high school band welcomed him on the '76 campaign trail by playing the old Union song 'Marching Through Georgia' and Carter exclaimed 'Doesn't anyone know that's not a Southern song?!', but that's something else entirely.
Carter was also on record during the last big Confederate state flag hullabaloo saying something along the lines of how trivial a matter it was.
Actually, that would probably be typical white Georgian language in 1975. I knew a white guy from Louisiana in the early 90's, and he talked the same way, as if it was perfectly normal and everyone did it.
He reminds of our own Pierre Trudeau, especially in his younger years. Trudeau was opposed to Canada's participation early on, in WW2 and actually drove around on a motorcycle wearing a Nazi army helmet. Amazingly, he became Prime Minister. Scary.
Carter is a lot of things, but most of this story is based on rumors and innuendo. I'd be careful who you call a bigot and a racist, especially someone who has had a public record for forty years. The guy was a deplorable President and has been worst since leaving office.
I have a recurring dream that someday, during a drought, I visit his grave when the grave spontaneously ignites. I joyfully help put out the fire.
I'm shocked! Jimmy Carter is a great humanitarian, and a man of faith!
I find Carter to be a disgrace in every other way, but I don't buy this. As a former governor of a Southern state, he should be quite sensitive regarding the use of such language.
I'm with you. I don't really tend to believe this about Jimma.
gotta ask, what do you put out the fire with?
Well, it's not as if he is making any difference in anything, so it is as if he is dead. Say, virtually dead.
The author gives plenty of circumstantial evidence of the occurrence and absolute proof of behavior which backs the observation.
You are free to believe otherwise. I believe the worst about Jimmy.
Add me to the list of non believers.
and during his administration, his wife, Margaret, was being schtupped by Mick Jagger.
and the National Lampoon did a piece on him called "The Frog Prince: A Canadian Fairy Tale, a comic featuing Pierre Trudeau"
He makes plenty of difference giving aid and comfort to the enemy (plural) almost every day.