Skip to comments.September 2001 Document: Military Orders To Prepare For US Attacks Against Iraq After 9/11
Posted on 06/20/2006 10:21:15 AM PDT by jveritas
click here to read article
Didn't I hear that Iraq went to a high military alert on 9/11? I know it was from a reputable source, was it "Connections" or one of Miniter's books?
Didn't I hear that Iraq went to a high military alert on 9/11? I know it was from a reputable source, was it The Connection" or one of Miniter's books?
Another great job by jveritas. thoughtomator nails this with his simple question below:
"Now why would Iraq expect an attack in response to 9/11? Unless..."
I believe Con Coughlin or a Brit journalist did that story. Joseph should have it in a moment or two.
This seems to dovetail in with another one of your translated documents.
"Afghani Taliban Consul Spoke of a Relationship Between Iraq and Bin Laden"
From that translation dated Sept 15, 2001 the following seems to have taken place just prior to Sept 11, 2001.
1. That Osama Bin Laden and the Taliban in Afghanistan are in contact with Iraq and it that previously a group from Taliban and Osama Bin Laden group visited Iraq.
2. That America has proof that the government of Iraq and Osama Bin Laden group have shown cooperation to hit target within America.
3. That in case it is proven the involvement of Osama Bin Laden group and the Taliban in these destructive operations it is possible that American will conduct strikes in Iraq and Afghanistan.
4. That the Afghani Consul heard about the subject of Iraq relation with Osama Bin Laden group during his stay in Iran.
I am not quite sure what to make of it with your newly translated document. Was Iraq preparing because they thought the USA thought they were involved, or because they knew they were involved?
"Who was this guy?"
It was Ray Robison. I saw just a part of it before leaving for work.
There are no WMD, nor does the administration want us to know that there are no WMD. Because if there were WMD, where are they now?
Question. We have the best satellite capabilities in the world. We knew that hundreds of tractor trailers left Iraq for Syria in the days leading up to the war. How did we manage to lose track of hundreds of trucks? Unless we already knew what was in those trucks, who was driving them and where the trucks were going.
Which means there is only a couple of explanations.
1. Our intelligence service is incompetent (why didn't the Democrats stress this)
2. We preferred that if it was in fact WMD in the trucks, it is better to secure them and take the hit from the RATS about no WMD then to have the RATS say, how do we know we have found them all? That would cause a greater panic.
Our country's citizens owe you so much JVeritas! Thank you so much for the work you are doing translating these documents...
yup, it was me, first time on TV, hope I didnt look like a complete ass LOL
Re#52 Yep. I recall an article back where the Ruskies bought some sarin warheads after the fall of Saddam to get them off the street. Methinks Syria's got the "stockpiles" (because some WMDs have been found) and they know we know and know further that if any get out, they will pay in a big way. Time will tell...
"yup, it was me, first time on TV, hope I didnt look like a complete ass LOL"
I saw you and you came across very well. I was happy to see the documents being talked about on national TV. Slowly but surely the translated documents are reaching a wider audience. That is 100% good!
Good job! And thanks for the effort of moving the docs forward!
thanks very much, more stuff is coming up, these docs are finally getting the attention they deserve
Because Iraq had some of their people in Afghanistan?
Congratulations! Again. Will we have video available?
Wasn't one of Saddam's sons running this newspaper?
Ray, I don't think we can possibly convey how important this is what you are doing. I know that what you are doing means a LOT to me.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.