Skip to comments.Iranian Alert - July 26 - The West's solidarity cracking over Lebanon?
Posted on 07/30/2006 12:38:42 AM PDT by DoctorZIn
Top News Story
The West's solidarity cracking over Lebanon?
- The Washington Times reported that some analysts fear that Iran's suspected support for the recent Hezbollah attacks on Israel could undo the international community's solidarity over Iran's nuclear program.
- John Batchelor, The New York Sun argued that Europe will not fight in Lebanon to support Israel and America in suppressing Hezbollah. Because rather, Europe is collectively suffering the double wall of denial.
- Michael Ledeen, The National Review Online see the West replaying two old blunders in dealing with Syria. The first is the Friend Who Has Gone Too Far, and the second is the Enemy Who Is Really Our Friend.
- Caroline B. Glick, Jewish World Review argued that the events of the past two weeks have also shown some of the West's greatest strengths in fighting the war so many of its powerful citizens and statesmen refuse to acknowledge.
- Michael Ledeen, The Corner reported that a senior Hezbollah official has said the group did not expect Israel to react so strongly to the capture of two Israeli soldiers. The same blunder Osama made on 9/11. If only we take full advantage. Which we are not.
- Michael Rubin, The Corner reported on the idea of splitting Syria away from Iran. It isn’t going to happen.
- David Frum, National Post argued that the war on Israel's northern border is Iran's showdown with the West.
- Spiegel published an interview with former United States Middle East envoy Dennis Ross, 57, about Tehran's interest in the war in Lebanon and said "there is a real risk of escalation."
- David Frum, National Post provided a short chronology of events to help us to understand the origins of this latest spasm of violence in the Middle East.
Arabs appear more concerned than Europe over Iran and Syria.
- BBC News reported that Turkey and Saudi Arabia have stopped Iran using their air space to send humanitarian relief to Lebanon.
CNN reporter admits he produced propaganda for Hezbollah.
- Wizbang reported that CNN's Nic Robertson admitted that his anti-Israel hit piece of last week was propaganda for Hezbollah.
Ahmadinejad threatens the West, again, and wants Russia to come to the rescue.
- Yahoo News reported that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad warned that the conflict between Lebanon and Israel could sweep through the entire Middle East like a hurricane.
- Iran Mania reported that Iran called on Moscow to take a more decisive role in solving the Middle East crisis.
Want to stop Iran? Think economics.
- Ilan Berman, American Foreign Policy Council testifying before the Joint Economic Committee of the United States Congress and said while there is no greater foreign policy challenge facing the United States today than the one posed by the Islamic Republic of Iran, there has been little public discussion about the economic dimension of the current crisis in Iran. A must read.
Is the UNSC almost ready to deal with Iran?
- Forbes reported that the US and key European nations moved closer to agreement with Russia on a Security Council resolution on Iran's nuclear program.
"If you want on or off this Iran ping list, Freepmail DoctorZin
In the next few days I will be catching up on our reports. Sorry for the long delay in sending this report.
Don't think French peacekeepers are going to even think of stopping them.
The "West's solidarity"!? Now that is the quintessential oxymoron of this new millenium.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.