Skip to comments.Marine Names Murtha in Defamation Suit
Posted on 08/01/2006 9:05:50 PM PDT by Velveeta
A Marine Corps staff sergeant who led the squad accused of killing two dozen civilians in Haditha, Iraq, will file a lawsuit today in federal court in Washington claiming that Rep. John P. Murtha (D-Pa.) defamed him when the congressman made public comments about the incident earlier this year.
Attorneys for Frank D. Wuterich, 26, argue in court papers that Murtha tarnished the Marine's reputation by telling news organizations in May that the Marine unit cracked after a roadside bomb killed one of its members and that the troops "killed innocent civilians in cold blood." Murtha also said repeatedly that the incident was covered up. (snipped)
(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonpost.com ...
Pinging Haditha news
This Marine needs to get in touch with Dana Irey!
Pinging Murtha news
Best wishes to the Marine!
Treason is the word.
Fantastic!! Too bad some skiff liberal judge will dismiss it because it's more important for him/her to hear arguments and award more homo "rights".
Indeed it is.
Hey Murtha... now you get a chance to prove it.
"Fantastic!! Too bad some skiff liberal judge will dismiss it because it's more important for him/her to hear arguments and award more homo "rights"."
Yeah, but that can be appealed, and if necessary, go all the way up to the Supremes. This will be fun.
Of course some will say that this kind of suit will have a 'chilling effect' on free speech. I say, "Bring on the ice"!!
Looks like PORK is back on the Menu boys!
Go Get Em!
That is absolutely priceless! It would make a great billboard all across America.
It's all catching up with this senile POS.
Anyone that has direct (not generic) emails for Rush and Hannity, please forward this story for tomorrow's shows.
75% of the people in the US stand ignorant of the acts of Murtha. The other 25% could Give A. S.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.