Skip to comments.
Iranian Alert - August 5, 2006 - Iran MP: Muslims should Sanction Saudi Arabia, Ban Pilgramage
Regime Change Iran ^
Posted on 08/05/2006 2:00:12 PM PDT by freedom44
Top News Story
An Iranian parliament member Aug. 5 called on Muslim states to impose political and economic sanctions on Saudi Arabia for Riyadh's policies on the Lebanese crisis, Iran's Fars News Agency reported. Rafat Bayat described the Israeli-Hezbollah war as a clash of opposing schools of thought. She called on Muslims not to go to on the pilgrimage this year, and to use the money to reconstruct Lebanon instead.
A Daily Briefing of Major News Stories on Iran:
TOPICS: Extended News; Foreign Affairs; News/Current Events
KEYWORDS: 2006israeliwar; arabworld; atomic; axisofevil; ayatollah; azadi; blame; centrifuges; china; democracy; dissidents; freedom; freeiran; hmadinejad; humanrights; iaea; insurgency; iran; iranazadi; iranianalert; iraniannukes; iranianregime; irannukes; iranpolicy; iranstrikes; irgc; iri; islam; islamic; islamicrepublic; khamenei; khomeini; khomeinism; lotsofkeywords; mullahs; muslims; nuclear; nukes; nutjob; persecution; persia; persian; persians; politicalprisoners; proliferation; protest; protests; regime; regimechangeiran; revolutionaryguard; russia; shiite; studentmovement; studentprotest; tehran; terrorism; theocracy; traitor; treason; vevak; whackjob; wot
posted on 08/05/2006 2:00:15 PM PDT
This whole thing is breaking down along Sunni/Shi'ite lines.
posted on 08/05/2006 2:02:17 PM PDT
(Billions and billions and billions-------and that's just the NASA budget!)
Isn't that their plan?
They couldn't get a Muslim war against the west... So now they be working on a civil war.
Civil war I don't know.Maybe two crime families getting ready to duke it out.I would like to see both sides lose.
posted on 08/05/2006 2:21:03 PM PDT
We have everything to be happy about. Radicals are the ones dying on both sides.
posted on 08/05/2006 2:38:59 PM PDT
To: Pan_Yans Wife; fat city; freedom44; Tamsey; Grampa Dave; PhiKapMom; Hinoki Cypress; ...
Join Us At Today's Iranian Alert Thread The Most Underreported Story Of The Year!
"If you want on or off this Iran ping list, Freepmail DoctorZin
posted on 08/05/2006 3:07:25 PM PDT
(Until they are Free, "We shall all be Iranians!")
Have they begun to insult each other's mustaches yet?
posted on 08/05/2006 3:29:33 PM PDT
To: freedom44; jan in Colorado; USF
Looks like one of the five pillars of islam just came crashing down in Iran.
posted on 08/05/2006 3:34:14 PM PDT
by Fred Nerks
(ENEMY + MEDIA = ENEMEDIA)
You got it. The purpose of the Hezbollah offensive and hostage is to force the Saudis to pick a side, or more specifically, force them to crack down on their own Shiite minority in northeastern Saud.
posted on 08/05/2006 4:27:13 PM PDT
Arab soldarity is a myth. Muslim solidarity is a myth.
On a lighter note, does the guy on the left in the first picture look like Leisure Suit Larry to anyone?
To: Fred Nerks
So many sects, so little time.... ;o)
posted on 08/05/2006 8:37:00 PM PDT
(I see your Jihad and raise you a Crusade ™ © ®)
Ahmadinejad: The main solution to the Middle East is to destroy Israel.
More reports on the murder of student activist Mohammadi in Evin prison.
- FortWayne.com reported that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Thursday the solution to the Middle East crisis is to destroy Israel. "Although the main solution is for the elimination of the Zionist regime, at this stage an immediate cease-fire must be implemented."
- Reuters reported that Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and other leaders from the Islamic world demanded a halt on Thursday to Israeli attacks on Lebanon and Gaza.
- Dow Jones Newswires reported that France's foreign minister condemned Iran's call to destroy Israel, saying Iran is ruining its chances to play a positive and stabilizing role in the Middle East.
S Korean report: Iran and North Korea working jointly on missile technology.
- Rooz Online reported more on the death of Akbar Mohammadi when his father, who has another son (Manoutchehr Mohammadi) behind bars as well, told Radio Farda that he had heard from other prisoners that prison guards had tried to beat Akbar out of his hunger strike.
- Eli Lake, The New York Sun reported that the younger sister of Iranian student activist Akbar Mohammadi says her brother was tortured and then murdered at Iran's Evin's prison this past weekend. "I received two phone calls on Sunday from fellow inmates who told me, Akbar was poisoned.'"
What really happened at Qana.
- CNN.com reported that a South Korean state-run think tank said North Korea has been working closely with Iran to develop its long-range ballistic missiles, possibly using Chinese technology.
Russia warns Iran to suspend uranium enrichment.
- David Warren, Real Clear Politics asked what happened to all the coverage from Qana? As usual, when the "liberal" media begin to realize they've been had, the story disappears. But it is never properly corrected. An examination of the underreported aspects of the story. A must read.
Here are a few other news items you may have missed.
- Fox News reported that Russia said that Iran must respect an Aug. 31 deadline set by the U.N. Security Council for it to suspend uranium enrichment in order to avoid further steps against it.
- Reuters reported that India and Pakistan were offering to pay only half the amount for Iranian gas that Tehran was seeking as part of efforts to agree a pipeline deal.
- Rooz Online reported that the office of Amir Kabir University's student association was demolished in the presence of management and faculty members and with the approval and support of Dr. Rahaiee, the chancellor of the University.
posted on 08/06/2006 11:15:02 AM PDT
(Until they are Free, "We shall all be Iranians!")
Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual
posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its
management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the
exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson