This comment by the "judge" is nothing more than a bumper sticker slogan from the back of a Subaru in Berkley. Obviously the reference to no hereditary kings is a swipe at Bush by the smug leftist.
This is a classic example of a liberal, appointed to the bench by a Democrat, acting out their personal opinions rather than applying case law.
And the scenario is well established:
1) A high profile case given to a liberal judge.
2) Activist liberal judge rules against conservative case (surprise, surprise).
3) All the MSM scream headlines the next day how Bush/Republicans/conservative case was "RULED UNCONSTITUTIONAL BY COURT".
4) The case eventually goes to the Supreme Court who then knock the stuffings out of the lower courts decision.
5) Media reports Supreme Courts ruling on page A16 with one paragraph.
The Liberal Rats played a good game of judge shopping. They filed hundreds of Federal District Lawsuits but kept the ones where they got liberal Democrat operative Judges and then just dropped the rest. This Judge shopping has to end but our congress Republican and Democrat doesn't seem to want to address it.