Skip to comments.Document: Associated Press (AP) Employee Spies For Saddam Intelligence Service. (Translation)
Posted on 09/09/2006 12:54:49 PM PDT by jveritas
Document ISGQ-2005-00026108.pdf dated July 25 2000 is a report from an Iraqi Intelligence officer to different Iraqi Intelligence Directorates talking about information provided to them from a trusted source that works in the Associated Press (AP). The information is about the formation a newly formed UN weapons inspectors team called UNMOVIC.
Translation of page 4 and 5 of ISGQ-2005-00026108.pdf
Republic of Iraq
The Presidency of the Republic
The Intelligence Service
To: 5th / 4th / 13th Directorates
We were informed from one of our sources (the degree of trust in him is good) who works in the American Associated Press Agency that the agency broadcasted to through computer to its branches worldwide the following:
1. The new agency for inspecting the Iraqi weapons (UNMOVIC) started on 11/7/2000 a training program for 4 weeks which includes historical, legal, administrative, and political subjects that are related to the weapons inspection in Iraq.
2. The training include lectures about the ballistic missiles and the biological and chemical weapons and the import and export of weapons in addition to a session in security arrangements prepared by the American government.
3. Hans Blix who head the new team mentioned that he will send a smaller team to Iraq in late August 2000 and the inspections operations will focus on choosing the locations that was under the control of the UNSCOM committee
4. The agency adds that Iraq prevented the old committee from returning to Iraq and that high Iraq officials said they will not accept new inspectors from the new committee but some other left the possibility of negotiations open.
5. The agency ends its article by saying that the sanctions against Iraq will not be lifted unless Iraq cooperate with the new inspectors and after it is decided that Iraq is free from weapons of mass destructions.
Please review and benefit with regards
You are absolutely priceless!
Fine job! One of these days you will find the mother load
Oh My Goodness
Now that depends upon what the definition of is is.
I wish there was a way to click on just one of those links and send the same email to all of the addresses..
"a trusted source that works in the Associated Press (AP). "
Thanks for the find and the translation.
I think the cockroach theory also applies here -- you see one, but there are hundreds of others that we haven't found yet.
I bet Saddam had a whole lot of people paid off.
Even CNN, as a news organization, admitted to having allowed themselves to be censored by Saddam.
You are correct that it depend on what the definition of "spy" is. That's why I used the phrase "not exactly" in my post. It is possible to call someone who sends me publicly-available information a spy, but that is not a crime - and not much of a sin, either.
I should add that I am not criticizing you or your work -- I think you're doing a terrific job -- just trying to add some perspective.
...errrr, I think you meant lodes
Oh darn! And here I always respected AP as a source of objective reporting. (sarcasm as serious as death).
You are a stud! :-) Glad to see you back in action.
Well, I guess we can start a list of busted news agencies:
Document: Associated Press (AP) Employee Spies For Saddam Intelligence Service. (Translation)
Release/Translation of Classified PreWar Docs ping. If you want to be added or removed to the ping list, please Freepmail me.
Please add the keyword prewardocs to any articles pertaining to this subject.
Please get yourself booked on some radio shows to counter this Senate Intelligence Committee white wash of the Saddam-Al Qaeda ties. I have been seething all weekend and seeing red over the lies being told by the pro-Saddam media and Democrats on this. They're relying souly on one person's recantation, an Al Qaeda prisoner named Al Libby whom I've never heard as a source of anything I've read about Saddam's Al Qaeda ties and then their moronic analysis that Saddam was "intensely secular" and hated Al Qaeda. Please. He turned Iraq in an Islamic Republic after his Desert Storm loss to mollify radicals and instituted sharia, including putting "Allah Akbar" on the Iraqi flag. He hosted conventions of Islamic radicals!
Anyway, PLEASE make contact with the radio hosts you know to counter these lies! The White House won't do it. All they can come up with is "This is nothing new."
I submitted the translation and the post here to drudge. Knowing drudge, it is a coin toss, if he will do anything with it.
Great work, jveritas. Maybe we should send this to the AP managers.
Keep up the good work!