Skip to comments.A day in the life of President Bush (10/1/06): photos & news
Posted on 10/01/2006 2:32:57 PM PDT by Wolfstar
PRESIDENTIAL NEWS OF THE DAY: With the First Lady involved in events related to the National Book Festival this weekend, the President spent Saturday at Camp David where he enjoys the more challenging mountain bike riding trails. Yesterday, an article by Laura Bush (her preferred way of being addressed) appeared in the Opinion Journal of The Wall Street Journal. In it, the First Lady discusses the books that inspired her to champion literacy. Here's a link to the article, and following is the list of the books that inspired her, in the order she ranks them:
1. "Hop on Pop" by Dr. Seuss (Random House, 1963).
2. The "Little House" Series by Laura Ingalls Wilder (Harper, 1932-43).
3. "The Brothers Karamazov" by Fyodor Dostoyevsky (1880).
4. "Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott (1868).
5. "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" by Mark Twain (1884).
In the meantime, President Bush is set to campaign heavily for Republican candidates between now and election day. Tomorrow he beings a three-day swing through Nevada, California, Arizona and Colorado. White House Press Secretary Tony Snow said GWB will be on the road almost constantly between now and Election Day. "You're going to see a very active travel schedule. He's going to be all over the country campaigning for Republicans," Snow said at a recent breakfast. "There are a lot of candidates saying, 'Please, please, please, come to my district or come to my state.'"
The First Lady and Vice President Cheney have already been on a heavy campaign schedule. Now, with just over a month left in the mid-term campaign, the President will join them on the campaign trail.
THE WEEK AHEAD:
Oct. 2, 2006: President Bush meets with the Prime Minister of Turkey at the White House, Washington, DC.
Oct. 2, The President attends a Heller for Congress Reception at the Mercury Air Center, Reno, Nevada.
Oct. 3, GWB attends a Richard Pombo for Congress Reception at the Stockton Memorial Civic Auditorium, Stockton, California.
Oct. 3, President Bush attends a John Doolittle for Congress Reception at the Serrano Country Club, El Dorado Hills, CA.
Oct. 3, The President attends a Republican National Committee Reception in Los Angeles, CA. (Wish I could go to this, sigh.)
Oct. 4, President Bush attends a Rick Renzi for Congress Reception at the Camelback Inn, Scottsdale, Arizona.
Oct. 4, GWB attends a Beauprez for Governor Reception at the Inverness Hotel and Conference Center, Englewood, Colorado.
Oct. 5, The National Constitution Center awards former Presidents George H.W. Bush and [that other former prez] the Liberty Medal for their fundraising work, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Oct. 5, There will be a briefing on No Child Left Behind and the education agenda at the Department of Education in Washington. The President will also visit a school campus in Washington, and make remarks on No Child Left Behind. He President also will meet with the National Commander of the American Legion in the Oval Office.
- Oct. 6, there will be a tour of a Federal Express sorting facility in Washington followed by a roundtable on job growth and the economy. The President will also participate in a photo opportunity with members of the Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force/Headquarters European Theater of Operations, United States Army Veterans Association in the Oval Office, and he will make remarks at the Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration in the East Room of the White House.
Nov. 28-29, 2006: President Bush will go to Tallanin, Estonia for meetings with the President and Prime Minister of Estonia and then travel to Riga Latvia for the NATO summit.
Not only does she nip and nag him, but she steals Barney's soccer balls.
But Beezie doesn't know how to moonwalk like Barney does.
I love the Barney pics!
Well...just remember, I'm watching you, bub.
Loads of Barney pics! Love 'em.
LOCATION: Goleta, California
My 2 German Shepherds wanted me to ask you the following:
How do you do all this amazing stuff when you don't have opposable thumbs?
Thumbs are overrated.
November 12, 2004
Pinging you to the Sunday Dose -- kinda did things a little backwards today. Posted the photos, then pinged.
God bless our President Bush.
He's a GOOD man and I despise his enemies.
I'll happily abide by the Judge's decision. She Rules!
Thanks, Wolfstar. Your Barney captions reminded me that we have only two more years of President Bush. WHile I will miss him dreadfully, I hope he enjoys his retirement in Crawford, and Jenna and Barbara hurry up and get married and give him grandchildren.
Grin...the three of you posted literally within seconds of each other. If one goes by minutes instead of seconds, you all tied for first today.
Hi Cicero. :)
That my fav cartoon beside Saddam one LOLOL
My prayers goes out to Tator
Isn't that a great photo. Cicero, I didn't know Woodward was being honored at the moment that photo was taken. Maybe that explains the slightly ironic expression on GWB's face.
Hi MamaB. I'm good. How are you doing? I haven't been around much because September has been an extraordinarily busy month for me. Octobor will be also, as I am moving. But I think about you often.
I like that photo of Barney with Dubya Dubya want pet Barney Barney looking at him LEAVE ME ALONE Daddy
Lovely picture of a lovely couple....