Skip to comments.A day in the life of President Bush (10/1/06): photos & news
Posted on 10/01/2006 2:32:57 PM PDT by Wolfstar
PRESIDENTIAL NEWS OF THE DAY: With the First Lady involved in events related to the National Book Festival this weekend, the President spent Saturday at Camp David where he enjoys the more challenging mountain bike riding trails. Yesterday, an article by Laura Bush (her preferred way of being addressed) appeared in the Opinion Journal of The Wall Street Journal. In it, the First Lady discusses the books that inspired her to champion literacy. Here's a link to the article, and following is the list of the books that inspired her, in the order she ranks them:
1. "Hop on Pop" by Dr. Seuss (Random House, 1963).
2. The "Little House" Series by Laura Ingalls Wilder (Harper, 1932-43).
3. "The Brothers Karamazov" by Fyodor Dostoyevsky (1880).
4. "Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott (1868).
5. "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" by Mark Twain (1884).
In the meantime, President Bush is set to campaign heavily for Republican candidates between now and election day. Tomorrow he beings a three-day swing through Nevada, California, Arizona and Colorado. White House Press Secretary Tony Snow said GWB will be on the road almost constantly between now and Election Day. "You're going to see a very active travel schedule. He's going to be all over the country campaigning for Republicans," Snow said at a recent breakfast. "There are a lot of candidates saying, 'Please, please, please, come to my district or come to my state.'"
The First Lady and Vice President Cheney have already been on a heavy campaign schedule. Now, with just over a month left in the mid-term campaign, the President will join them on the campaign trail.
THE WEEK AHEAD:
Oct. 2, 2006: President Bush meets with the Prime Minister of Turkey at the White House, Washington, DC.
Oct. 2, The President attends a Heller for Congress Reception at the Mercury Air Center, Reno, Nevada.
Oct. 3, GWB attends a Richard Pombo for Congress Reception at the Stockton Memorial Civic Auditorium, Stockton, California.
Oct. 3, President Bush attends a John Doolittle for Congress Reception at the Serrano Country Club, El Dorado Hills, CA.
Oct. 3, The President attends a Republican National Committee Reception in Los Angeles, CA. (Wish I could go to this, sigh.)
Oct. 4, President Bush attends a Rick Renzi for Congress Reception at the Camelback Inn, Scottsdale, Arizona.
Oct. 4, GWB attends a Beauprez for Governor Reception at the Inverness Hotel and Conference Center, Englewood, Colorado.
Oct. 5, The National Constitution Center awards former Presidents George H.W. Bush and [that other former prez] the Liberty Medal for their fundraising work, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Oct. 5, There will be a briefing on No Child Left Behind and the education agenda at the Department of Education in Washington. The President will also visit a school campus in Washington, and make remarks on No Child Left Behind. He President also will meet with the National Commander of the American Legion in the Oval Office.
- Oct. 6, there will be a tour of a Federal Express sorting facility in Washington followed by a roundtable on job growth and the economy. The President will also participate in a photo opportunity with members of the Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force/Headquarters European Theater of Operations, United States Army Veterans Association in the Oval Office, and he will make remarks at the Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration in the East Room of the White House.
Nov. 28-29, 2006: President Bush will go to Tallanin, Estonia for meetings with the President and Prime Minister of Estonia and then travel to Riga Latvia for the NATO summit.
Actually, onyx, if we go by how they measure things in sports -- to the split second -- you're first.
Can never get enough of that little Scottie. :)
Oh, that really is a great pic of the First Twosome! I have to save that one.
We could post literally hundreds. I posted a few and hope some other folks will post their favorites of Barney.
Me too. People get married much later in life these days than in times past, though.
That photo makes a perfect Fall wallpaper. He looks so skeptical in that photo, LOL. Wonder what he was looking at.
"Thumbs are overrated."
Hope you have a SMOOTH move...
LS, did you get to see the First Lady? The dogs? We'd enjoy any description you'd care to post here.
Hi Seven. I don't think Barney is saying leave me alone. I think he just enjoyed snuggling against the cushion. :)
Very sad, indeed. Tator is a FReeper with a great deal of common sense. We need his voice here and will miss him very much if he can't come back. Sigh.
I'm glad you both enjoyed that photo of the President and First Lady. It's a superb photo on several levels.
ROFLMAO!!! Before we know it, there won't be an election held anywhere in the U.S. in which the Rats won't scream they wuz robbed.
Kinda looking like I want be left alone ROFL
Also I like Miss Beazeley nagging at Barney not only that rub it in steal his little tennis balls LOL!
You're welcome, my good friend. :)
No...those Scottie legs may be short and stubby, but they are only used for good and dignified purposes. However, I have it on good authority that Barney has been known to lift one once in a while against Dimocrat trousers. ;-)