Skip to comments.Top 10 Democrat Sex Scandals in Congress
Posted on 10/04/2006 9:09:02 AM PDT by GoBucks2002
Information compiled from the Washington Post, Congressional Sex Scandals in History, and other sources.
10. Sen. Daniel Inouye. The 82-year-old Hawaii Democrat was accused in the 1990s by numerous women of sexual harassment. Democrats cast doubt on the allegations and the Senate Ethics Committee dropped its investigation.
9. Former Rep. Gus Savage. The Illinois Democrat was accused of fondling a Peace Corps volunteer in 1989 while on a trip to Africa. The House Ethics Committee decided against disciplinary action in 1990.
8. Rep. Barney Frank. The outspoken Massachusetts Democrat hired a male prostitute who ran a prostitution service from Franks residence in the 1980s. Only two Democrats in the House of Representatives voted to censure him in 1990.
7. Former Sen. Brock Adams. The late Washington Democrat was forced to stop campaigning after numerous accusations of drugging, assault and rape, the first surfacing in 1988.
6. Former Rep. Fred Richmond. This New York Democrat was arrested in 1978 for soliciting sex from a 16-year-old. He remained in Congress and won re-electionbefore eventually resigning in 1982 after pleading guilty to tax evasion and drug possession.
5. Former Rep. John Young. The late Texas Democrat increased the salary of a staffer after she gave in to his sexual advances. The congressman won re-election in 1976 but lost two years later.
4. Former Rep. Wayne Hays. The late Ohio Democrat hired an unqualified secretary reportedly for sexual acts. Although he resigned from Congress, the Democratic House leadership stalled in removing him from the Administration Committee in 1976.
3. Former Rep. Gerry Studds. He was censured for sexual relationship with underage male page in 1983. Massachusetts voters returned him to office for six more terms.
2. Former Rep. Mel Reynolds. The Illinois Democrat was convicted of 12 counts of sexual assault with a 16-year-old. President Bill Clinton pardoned him before leaving office.
1. Sen. Teddy Kennedy. The liberal Massachusetts senator testified in defense of nephew accused of rape, invoking his family history to win over the jury in 1991.
These things never happened and never shall be discussed again (overheard in MSM newsrooms).
Hey, I was just going to post this!!! Any chance that this stuff will become the next talking points of the MSM that pulled Sally Hemmings out of the air to save Bill?
Something has to be done about the media. I am tired of hearing about their rights, they have the responsibility to report honestly and fairly, and highlighting the SocialistCrats hypocracy would be a part of that.
Now do a list for the White House.
We can't control what the media writes, but it would be nice to see a Republican official fire back with some of this next time a reporter asks them about Republican cover-ups.
My favorite - Wilbur Mills
WHY were Foley's "Over-Friendly" E-mails sent YEARS AFTER the sex-filled Instant Messages??? It makes NO sense.
I thought killing someone was the ultimate scandal. Need to include that with fata*s Kennedy.
Clinton is a serial rapist who got oral sex while deploying troops by phone and Monica did not have appropriate security clearance. He bought off her testimony with high dollar job offers from his friends. He lied under oath. He got others to lie under oath.
Der Schlickmeister is the King Cat Daddy of DemoRat sex scandals.
Well then what about JFK's dead bimbos?
Americans aren't stupid (I hope)...
Most of us KNOW that a different standard is applied to DEMOCRATS...
I think we need to expand the list.
If you mean do a list for the Bush White House to use in talking points, I won't bother. They'll never bring this up. It might offend a Democrat. And we can't have that, you know. That would be mean-spirited.
If you mean a list of sex scandals involving previous occupants, here goes:
2. JFK- Marilyn Monroe, et al.
1. Bill Clinton. Two words: bl0w j0b.
Me too. I didn't write the list.
Best to remind everyone that it is not enough to simply go vote. You must determine the vulnerable districts, even if they are not your own, and find ways to contribute there -- either with money or volunteer time or both.
Defiant voting is not enough this year. We have to work the phones.
"On 12th October, 1964, Mary Pinchot Meyer was shot dead as she walked along the Chesapeake and Ohio towpath in Georgetown. Henry Wiggins, a car mechanic, was working on a vehicle on Canal Road, when he heard a woman shout out: "Someone help me, someone help me". He then heard two gunshots. Wiggins ran to the edge of the wall overlooking the tow path. He later told police he saw "a black man in a light jacket, dark slacks, and a dark cap standing over the body of a white woman."
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.