Skip to comments.Iranian Alert - October 4, 2006 - Western military buildup underway in the Middle East
Posted on 10/09/2006 12:45:53 AM PDT by DoctorZIn
Top News Story
Western military buildup underway in the Middle East.
- Global Research published a major report on the military build-up of conventional, ground, air, naval, and nuclear forces in and around the Middle East and Central Asia. The probability of another war in the Middle East is high.
- Caroline Glick, The Jerusalem Post reported that the clouds of the coming war are converging upon Israel. But our political and military leaders refuse to look up at the darkening sky.
US confident Russia and China will join in sanctions on Iran.
- The Washington Times reported that the United States is confident that Russia and China will join it in pushing for U.N. sanctions against Iran.
EU diplomats secret admit Iran negotiations are dead.
- Dow Jones Newswires reported that diplomats are privately admitting that the negotiations with the Iranians are dead.
US: Banking with Iran is dangerous.
- Spiegel published an interview With the Us Deputy Secretary Of The Treasury about the dangers of doing business with Iran.
- YNet News reported that US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice is expected to demand the ministers instruct their nations’ banks cut off all ties with bodies contributing to Iran’s nuclear program.
More arrests and brutal sentences in Iran.
- Iran Press News reported that Dr. Hessom Firoozi, the physician who treated student leader Ahmad Batebi during his medical furlough, was arrested on Tuesday, October 3rd in his house in Tehran.
- Iran Press News reported that according to human rights activists in Iran, Heidar Noori, a political prisoner who has been detained in the prison of the city of Semnan, has been under severe pressure.
- Iran Press News reported that the inhumane judicial system of the Islamic regime has issued the sentence to cut off the right hand and left foot of 2 men in the south-western city of Ahvaz.
The Khatami road show heads to see the Pope.
- Ninemsn reported that Mohammad Khatami will meet with Pope Benedict XVI and attend a forum on Islamic-Christian relations.
Israeli reaches out to Arab governments who are concerned about Iran.
- The Wall Street Journal reported that Israel's summer war against Iranian-backed Hezbollah is leading Israeli officials to reach out to Arab governments that share their concern about Tehran's growing influence.
Here are a few other news items you may have missed.
- Iran Press News reported that the regime’s disciplinary guard task force in the city of Arock (Central province) has taken to conducting air searches to spot satellite dishes that have not as of yet been collected.
- Iran Press News reported that the regime-run news agency MEHR said, the deputy of the department of welfare of the province of Isfahan spoke of the skyrocketing number of street children.
- Iran Press News reported that on Monday, Regime-run news agency IRNA reported: Ali-Mohammad Mokhtari, Executive director of parks of the greater Tehran municipality said that 70% percent of the construction of special parks for women in south-west and south east of Tehran has been implemented.
- Michael Ledeen, National Review Online reviewed Condoleezza Rice's recent interview in the WSJ and argues she often seems oddly detached from the life-and-death quality of the war against the terror masters. Indeed, she doesn’t even call it a war.
- The International Herald Tribune reported that the U.S. will allow Iran to repair its aging fleet of airliners in a third country.
- SOS Iran.com released a music video in Farsi about the brutalities of the Islamic Republic in Iran.
"If you want on or off this Iran ping list, Freepmail DoctorZin
Join Us At Today's Iranian Alert Thread The Most Underreported Story Of The Year!
"If you want on or off this Iran ping list, Freepmail DoctorZin
Are you aware of the 3 visions of future american conflicts given by angels to George Washington at Valley Forge? The first was the winning of the revolutionary war, the second was of the civil war, the third is where asia, europe and africa all combine against us. There is tremendous devastation all across our country but we win in the end. It isn't just the islamofascists, practically the whole world hates us for our wealth and power. In a way it's an athletic contest like the olympics, and who has won the most olympic medals, per population ratio, in the last 100 years?
The banner has a mistake in the hyperlink; a t at the end of regimechangeiran !
Thanks for the posts.
The North Africa Campaign and the Invasion of Italy and The Invasion of France were not separate isolated wars in the 1940s. Some argument could be made that the conflict with Japan was separate from the conflict in Europe but even that is not sustainable. It was One War from the first shot in the invasion of Poland until the surrender of Hirohito.
Just so, we are inolved now in One War, the war with Islam. If China takes the occasion of the distraction of America in the ME to attack Taiwan and America gets involved in East Asia it is still the same worldwide War. When the invasion from Mexico becomes or is finally perceived to be critical and is finally opposed, that too, is part of the same War.
The Afghanistan campaign is part and parcel with this Islamic War. America is NOT capriciously going about the world engaging in separate little wars. Islam resurgent has launched a war of conquest against the Western World. There will be several campaigns in the war and many battles. The many fronts in this war will exhaust and finally defeat and destroy America if the Americans do not fight it as what it is- one war that requires a major extremely rapid and destructive defeat of the primary enemy force and political structure. That would be the destruction of Iran, regardless of the likelihood that the Iranian people are mostly nice guys who only want to live their lives in peace.
Michael Chertoff says : stock up on what you might need, if : _________. He's read the Book of Revelation, have you?
Thanks for your erudite comments.
In the National Tribune, 1880, an article appeared giving an account of the "Vision of Washington" at Valley Forge. The account was told by a gentleman named Anthony Sherman, who supposedly was at Valley Forge during the winter of 1777-78. The story has been published several times.
Some people will say that it is substantiated by the fact that a copy of the account is in the Library of Congress. This argument of authenticity is misleading in and of itself. The Library of Congress has copies of anything published. That does not indicate accuracy of the content.
I am unaware of any eighteenth-century evidence that corroborates this story. The soldier mentioned as having a first-hand account of the "Vision," Anthony Sherman, was a soldier in the Continental Army. However, according to his pension application, written by him, he states that he was at Saratoga under the command of Benedict Arnold at the end of 1777 and only joined the main forces in 1778 in New Jersey just before the Battle of Monmouth....
230 years ago is history, the coming war between us and the rest of the world is the future. Who drives down the road in reverse, looking in the rear view mirror?
The war is not coming. The war has arrived. We are currently fighting the first long campaigns. The later greater campaigns will follow ineluctably if we do not use sufficient force amd speed to excise the enemy's heart. Hearts and minds and nation-building is a losing proposition that is protein-rich fare for the main enemy who is not in Iraq but a little east.
The final battle between good and evil is in god's hands. Hold fast to what is right and you'll win through.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.