Skip to comments.Ten reasons to vote for Topinka (Vanity)
Posted on 11/06/2006 8:17:48 PM PST by Mr. Silverback
I have maligned her, if you can indeed malign a liberal pro-abort. I've referred to her quite often as "Blago in a dress." I even--boy, this was painful--voted for the clueless "Taliban Jim" Oberweis in an effort to keep her away from the nomination. But tomorrow I will be putting a clothespin on my nose and voting for Judy Baar Topinka, and here are the reasons why:
1. Blagojevich forced pharmacists to fill prescriptions that they felt were murderous. Topinka, while believing that the scripts should be filled, has said that if she had been governor she would have met with pharmacists to try to find a compromise. The difference between those two positions is the difference between being a fascist and being merely wrong.
2. Topinka opposes using taxpayer dollars to pay for abortions. Blagojevich is happy to foot the bill.
3. Topinka supports parental notification. In answer to a Daily Herald questionnaire on the issue, she wrote: "Today, a child in Illinois cannot be given an aspirin at school without parental approval, but we would allow that same child to go to a stranger and have an invasive medical procedure without her family even being informed." Meanwhile, if some 22 year old wants to bring his 13 year old girlfriend to the local abortuary no questions asked, Blago gives it the big thumbs-up.
4. Topinka supports a school choice tax credit to help people afford to take their kids out of government schools. Blago is dead set against it.
5. Topinka supports filters on school and library Internet systems. Blago opposes them.
6. Topinka is 100% solid on 2nd Amendment rights. Blago even called her a shill for the NRA. They endorsed her four years ago, and they are endorsing her today.
7. Consider the undying love Blago got for his fascist approach to pharmacists, and the derision Topinka gets for agreeing with most Americans on parental notification and taxpayer-funded child-killing:
Outside of the state of Illinois, he is known as one of the most pro-choice governors and has done more to protect womens reproductive health than just about anyone. ...[Topinka's] trying to have it both ways and it isnt going to fly."--Terry Cosgrove, president of Chicago-based Personal PAC, a hardcore pro-abortion special interest.
8. Planned Parenthood has endorsed Blagojevich. They know which candidate will be best for their business.
9. Blago wants to pour millions into useless and ethically dismal embryonic stem cell research. This would be irresponsible at any time, but during the current budget crisis it's insane. Topinka has called Blago's actions "deceptive" and said she would not spend any more money on stem cell research until the budget crisis is solved.
10. Blago feels that parents should be out of the loop on mental health screenings of their kids. Topinka wants strict parental consent.
We are going to have a liberal governor here in Illinois for the next four years. That is simply reality. The question is, will we have a governor who wants to take our guns and use our money to kill babies? Will we have a governor who thinks parents should be parents, or one who wants the state or Planned Parenthood to do that job for them? That's our choice. Vote accordingly, my FRiends, and take a good-hearted Illinoisan to the polls with you.
Dang it, I spell-checked the heck out of this and then screwed up the title. A little help please?
Any news on this election? Topinka could pull it off
from what I hear.
I heard she was closing, but will it be enough?
Yeah, me, too.
However, your ten reasons make me feel a little better about it. ;-)
Glad you got it fixed.
I'm writing in Stufflebeam.
Topinka is a RINO.
Um...are you really thinking i didn't know that? That was the whole point of the essay, that she's a RINO but the current governor makes even her look good.
Oh, so the NRA is just giving out A ratings for chuckles? To say Topinka is not pro-2nd Amendment is like saying that Blago is the head of Operation Rescue.
Guess what writing in Stufflebeam will do to protect your gun rights? Zippo. And if enough people follow your lead, we'll have four more years of one of the most anti-gun guvs inthe country instead of four years of NRA A rating.
If all the people who appearantly are going to "hold their nose" and vote had the guts to step out and vote for a real conservative, Randy would be 15 points ahead.
Me too. :-)
Thanks for the assist!
You've got to be kidding. No good can ever come of electing a combine candidate. Let that wing of the party DIE already.
See post 15 and get a grip on reality.
The NRA, in addition to being the largest gun control organization in the US, has a crappy history dept. Calling Topinka Pro-2nd is a rude joke.
She was anti-2nd before she was pro-2nd.
Guess what writing in Stufflebeam will do to protect your gun rights?
Voting for Topinka won't do squat for them either.
And if enough people follow your lead, ...
Those morons at the IL Central Repub Committee might just get a clue. Well, then ones who escape indictment might.