Skip to comments.Many Marion County Votes Still Not Counted- 66++ Voting MAchines MISSING!
Posted on 11/08/2006 11:30:36 PM PST by tcrlaf
INDIANAPOLIS -- All of the votes cast in Marion County still had not been counted as of early Wednesday afternoon because some voting machines had not been turned in to election headquarters.
The county's Democratic Party attacked County Clerk Doris Anne Sadler for what they called her mismanagement of Tuesday's election, 6News' Derrik Thomas reported.
Democrat Chairman Ed Treacy compared the county's election troubles with what used to happen in Soviet bloc countries.
Sixty-six regular voting machines were not returned to election headquarters as of noon Wednesday, and none of the electronic voting machines was returned, Thomas reported.
The outcome of the state House District 97 race and three township races hinged on the missing election data.
(Excerpt) Read more at theindychannel.com ...
We've had Vote-Buying, Voter Intimidation, and now missing machines in Indy, and a Dem Vote Counter caught RED-HANDED with Absentee Ballots, and Copied Storage keys to ballots in Sodrel's District.
WHEN do we stand up and say ENOUGH of these massive disenfranchisements?
It had better be before the next general election
Which U.S. House race in Indiana did these machines effect?
Ever notice when Republicans win the Dems cry foul and when Dems win even the media agrees that it was a clean election.
I'm in CA and my vote counts for nothing since illegals vote here, dems register the dead, non-existent, pets.... heck, for all I know they register their children as voting age.
This is IN-7, Carson/Dickerson..
The Machines were from Lawrence, and Wayne+Warren Townships, plus ALL of Marion County's Handicapped Machines
|Julia Carson (i)||Democrat||69,468 (54%)|
|Eric Dickerson||Republican||60,172 (46%)|
|Click Here for Race Analysis and Latest Polls|
I hear you..a start would be showing ID to vote and having some kind of paper trail of the votes.
We had our chance when the GOP had the House, the Senate and the Presidency. They did nothing about it. Or much else. Which is why they lost. Do nothing congress.
After the 2000 debacle they had a great PR opportunity to fund a universal electronic system and a requirement to wipe-clean the voter rolls and force every legal eligible voter to re-register. Would have given them a clear advantage given their machine and energized base at that time, and it would have eliminated this kind of old-school fraud. Not only didn't they even try to do it, they did almost nothing at all, for 6 years.
The election was not a referendum on Iraq. It was a referendum on Congress.
It had better be NOW - otherwise it's too late (unless you want to try again after the next one) - that's why I say they should look into the ACORN votes in Montana + Virginia. If they can point to something then all they need do is say, "we've discovered an anomaly that is disconcerting in light of the other incididents" - and expose it.
I'm glad that Paul Bettencourt did NOT run for Tom DeLay's vacant seat here in Texas. He works hard (and free of criticism) for the work he does to eliminate illegal voters from the roll in Harris County.
He cross-references against all sorts of areas of public record (including those who get out of jury duty by claiming they are not a citizen). Reportedly if it can be shown that you have illegally voted in a US election your application for citizenship will be automatically denied.
I believe in the death penalty if it can be proven that you have voted 3 or more times in the same election. It goes against every principle that this country was founded upon and is a greater threat than drunk driving ever was.
Gov John Connally wrote in his book when he was stumping for LBJ's first election they were sent to get all the votes they could and that meant the deceased and anyone they could get fraud or not.
1) Nobody should be able to vote without a state or federally issued ID.
2)You must live in your district for at least one year. If you've just moved, you'll get an absentee ballot from the district you were last registered in.
3) NO MORE OF THIS ELECTRONIC VOTING BS! Whether it's on the up-and-up or not, it will only serve to undermine confidence in our system. If you want to utilze technology to take the human error out of vote counting, have a machine that prints a paper ticket the voter can look at before having it counted. It would eliminate illegitimate "chads" of every variety, butterfly ballot confusion amongst morons and those suffering from senility (cutting out one of the left's myriad disenfranchisement straw-men), and leave a paper trail that can be verified in a relatively objective fashion.
4) No precinct shall report results until at least 75% of votes have been counted in the latest-closing district in the USA.
5) Outlaw exit polling. If the limits on free speech inflicted on us by campaign-finance-reform bullsh!t passes constitutional muster, a ban on exit polling certainly should as well.
5) Require randomly selected federal marshalls to be stationed at every polling booth with orders to arrest anybody who engages in intimidation or attempts voter fraud
6) Do away with provisional ballots. Anybody who doesn't register in time doesn't care enough about our democracy to deserve to paticipate in it
7) Anybody who's not an election official caught with voting machines, ballots, or other election-related items within 30 days of an election will spend the rest of their life in Levenworth breaking rocks and being sodomized.
8) All ballots will be printed in english, with the exception that those held on Indian reservations may be printed in the indegenous language of the tribe in question.
9) It is illegal to speak any language other than English in a polling place, with the same exception as #8.
10) Any district in which more than 15% of ballots are absentee shall not announce any results until all absentee ballots are counted.
11) Any precinct in which more than 2% of voters are military personnel deployed or stationed overseas shall not announce any results until all military ballots are counted.
These are 11 reforms I want now. Right the f%$k now, to be more precise. I guarantee they would be immensely popular. I'm sure I can come up with more if given time.
Can we please avoid acting like the tin-foil hatters at DU who claim voter fraud at every close election that doesn't go their way?
All true, but allowing rats to take over is nevertheless a giant step backward. Punishing GOP congressmen and senators was cutting off our noses to spite our faces.
I am always amazed when people express such strong op;inions on subjects they know nothing about. check out the America Votes Act before you say anything more on this subject about the do nothing congress.
It should have been years, if not decades ago.
Ann Coulter has an excellent article on that point in Human Events.
and Dickerson didn't lose by that many either! I hate democrats
They're popular with me, but they wouldn't be popular with a voting majority. They would be seen as overly restrictive and "too harsh."
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.