Skip to comments.Iranian Alert - November 19 - Lebanese Sunnis warned of imminent attack by "Shiite death squads.
Posted on 11/19/2006 2:47:24 PM PST by DoctorZIn
Top News Story
Iranian group warns Lebanese Sunnis of imminent attack by "Shiite death squads."
- The Jerusalem Post reported that a previously unknown Iranian group has warned that "Shiite death squads" acting under Iranian religious edicts are preparing to attack Sunni Muslims in Lebanon.
Ayatollah who backs suicide bombs aims to be Iran's next spiritual leader.
- The Telegraph reported that an ultra-conservative Iranian cleric, Ayatollah Mohammad Mesbah-Yazdi, who opposes all dialogue with the West is a front runner to become the country's next supreme spiritual leader.
Iran to press on with Arak Heavy Water Reactor.
- The Washington Post reported that Iran, facing possible U.N. sanctions for failing to halt sensitive nuclear work, will press on with its Arak heavy water reactor with or without help from the U.N. nuclear watchdog, a top Iranian nuclear official said.
“The relationship between the Islamic regime and North Korea is a strategic one”
- The Jerusalem Post reported that officials from North Korea and Iran met in Teheran and exchanged views on how to boost friendly relations between and on issues of mutual concern.
- Iran Press News reported that Choe Thae-bok, the chairman of the democratic people’s republic of Korea People's Assembly (North Korea) held talks with Gholam-Ali Hadad-Adel, the speaker of the Islamic parliament saying: “The relationship between our country and the Islamic republic is a strategic one."
Al Jazeera asks: What are the four U.S. Carriers doing in the Gulf?
- AlJazeera.net reported that with four US carriers in the Persian Gulf, some experts predict that the coming days would see a much violent step by Washington against the Islamic Republic.
US offers to narrow the scope of sanctions on Iran.
- The International Herald Tribune reported that the Bush administration is offering to narrow the scope of proposed U.N. sanctions designed to force Iran to stop enriching uranium.
The full text of the latest IAEA report on Iran.
- ISIS-Online.org published the full text of the IAEA's most recent report on the implementation of NPT Safeguard agreement in the Islamic Republic.
Discovery Channel documentary: Iran -- the Most Dangerous Nation Airs Sunday Night 9 EST
- Washington Post reported on Ted Koppel's return to Iran for a new Discovery Channel documentary: Iran -- the Most Dangerous Nation, a surprisingly lively report airing Sunday night at 9 EST.
Here are a few other news items you may have missed.
- Iran Press News reported that the secretary for the Islamic Republic's financial and administrative committee of the nationwide city municipalities said: “Due to the lack of credit allocation from governmental sources, often the city municipalities across the country are having a hard time paying their employees. The government’s lack of support for the municipalities has caused many problems in these systems."
- Pajamas Media published a video that reported that Iranian dissident Zahra Kamalfar has been living with her children under unspeakable conditions in the transit area of Moscow’s Sheremetyevo Airport for 73 days.
"If you want on or off this Iran ping list, Freepmail DoctorZin
Join Us At Today's Iranian Alert Thread The Most Underreported Story Of The Year!
"If you want on or off this Iran ping list, Freepmail DoctorZin
The Solution to ALL our problems in Iraq, Syria and Lebanon is BOMBING IRAN. Now! Now! Now! Destroy EVERY Nuclear, Military and Political Facility. No Boots on the Ground, just plain and effective Bombing and Naval Warfare. PERIOD. You will see how quick the Iranian Puppets will crumble once their source for financial and political support vanishes!
Ayatollah Mohammad Mesbah-Yazdi, who opposes all dialogue with the West is a front runner to become the country's next supreme spiritual leader.
A reliable source told me that Saudi is spending a lot of money to beef up the Sunnis in Lebanon. I guess that they are preparing for civil war again.
Earlier I had the opinion that the best thing to do is to whack the Syrian regime ASAP, but I guess that it would be better to actually talk Syria into a break with Iran.
Sunnis are the ones causing a lot of problems in Iraq. So what to do. Support the death squads even though they are Iranian? Hmmm.
Excellent post. thanks for doing this.
Christianity had bloody inter-sect wars hundreds of years ago. They occurred because mixing political power with theology. When Protestants could not be loyal to a Catholic king, or vice versa, then the sovereign had a strong incentive to stamp out other sects.
Once religion was taken out of politics, then religious wars abated
One big problem with Islam (besides it being founded by a pedophile sand pirate) is that religious power and political power are joined, and that this is fundamental to Islam. It cannot be "reformed" out of Islam and still call what's left "Islam"
And I am also changing my tune on whether US forces should even be used to try and stop these groups from fighting.
Not to be crude, but the less Muslims there are ANYWHERE, and I consider that to be a good thing for the world.
In fact, I now believe that Maliki (of whatever the Iraq Prime Minister's name is, should immediately declare Marshall Law, and any group of militia which so much as moves and inch, or transports one single AK-47, should be demolished from top to bottom.
We simply cannot dick around with these animals any more.
Yes, if we can identify global alQaeda cells in Iraq, BLOW 'EM to Smitherines.
Or if Iran jihadists are spotted, or Syrian suicide squads, unleash the B-1's, the A10 Warthogs, and the F-16s.
But we should not be taking any deaths or casualties while getting between two Muslim groups who, I dont believe, have their sites set on America.
Muslims just want to fight. I say, let em.
As you indicate, politics are inbreed into the cult, not only from a more modern perspective say with the introductions of Sayyid Qutb to name just one modern Islamic thinker, but dating back into time. The cult in all it's various forms and practices is loaded with a lot of little tricks to say the least.
He is the one that Ahmadinejad follows regarding the plan to create chaos in the world to prepare the way for their al-Mahdi's expected return. An apocalypse waiting to happen. - OB1
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.