Skip to comments.Iranian Alert - November 30 - Ahmadinejad sends a letter to the American People - Full Text
Posted on 11/30/2006 8:02:06 PM PST by DoctorZIn
Top News Story
Ahmadinejad sends a letter to the American People - Full Text
- Xinhua reported that Ahmadinejad has written a five-page letter to the American people, which will be presented to the U.S. media in New York on Wednesday.
- DoctorZin reported that Fox News published a pdf of Ahmadinejad's letter to the American people. As promised, Ahmadinejad is now trying to bypass the Bush administration and speak directly to the American people. As typical, when speaking directly to the American people, he shows his "compassionate" side. While he speaks of "justice and human rights" we must not forget what he says to the Iranian people about America and his solution. Read a few of his other statements.
- Kenneth R. Timmerman, NewsMax reported on Ahmadinejad's letter to America and in making his case, he does not position himself as president of Iran, but attempts to set himself up as a spokesman for all Muslims.
Iraqi president says security deal reached with Iran.
- The International Herald Tribune reported that Iraq's president said Wednesday he had reached a security agreement with Iran.
Iran Resolution Drops Mention of Sanctions.
- The New York Times reported that the six world powers seeking to rein in Iran’s nuclear ambitions are circulating a significantly weakened draft for a United Nations Security Council resolution against Tehran’s nuclear program.
More on the Iraq Study Group.
- Max Boot, The Los Angeles Times argued that for certain members of the foreign policy cognoscenti, there is no problem so intractable that it cannot be resolved through dialogue — preferably multilateral, except in those situations (North Korea, for example) in which bilateral talks are for some reason preferred.
- Bridget Johnson, LA Daily News argued that Iran is projecting the facade of wannabe peacemaker, luring Iraq into a sit-down to purportedly work out solutions. And some are convinced that Iran can play a meaningful role in stemming the sectarian conflict - including, maybe, the Iraq Study Group.
- Dick Morris & Eileen McGann, The New York Post argued that James Baker may seek and Iran may offer public assurances that it won't develop nuclear weapons - the same worthless assurances it now passes out to the entire world. What will have changed is that America and Britain will be so engaged with Iran that they can't and won't bomb or even impose tough sanctions.
Here are a few other news items you may have missed.
- Amir Taheri, Iran va Jahan reported on the passing of Mostafa Mesbahzadeh founder of the English-language daily Kayhan International.
- Amir Taheri, The Wall Street Journal reported that the meeting in Jordan this week between George W. Bush and Nouri al-Maliki could be their last opportunity to develop a joint strategy on Iraq.
"If you want on or off this Iran ping list, Freepmail DoctorZin
To read todays thread click here.
Join Us At Today's Iranian Alert Thread The Most Underreported Story Of The Year!
"If you want on or off this Iran ping list, Freepmail DoctorZin
rights? what percentage of his nation is literate? What percentage is employed?
Why does he have to write a letter.
He should just come here to give a speech.
I'm sure any university would love to give him a honorary doctarate for anti-americanism.
Anybody on this?
President Bush should do the same and encourage the pro-democracy Iranians to revolt against the Islamo-fascist government of Ahmadinejad...
Sounds about right....
Who in hell does he think HE is anyway? Who should listen to the "media" who are seditious, treasonous liars and propagandists, doing the "step and fetch" for a rank Islamofacist? [Who would read a letter from HITLER to the American people?]
He can write all he wants, but I won't read. What I will do is endorse a strategic strike on all nuclear research facilities within Iran.
That is MY letter to HIM!
As typical, when speaking directly to the American people, he shows his "compassionate" side.
"Words mean just what I want them to"
Maybe he just wants an American pen pal.
I do know history and thank you. You are correct. I wonder if this is true and what else.
Literacy: definition: age 15 and over can read and write
total population: 79.4%
female: 73% (2003 est.)
Unemployment rate: 11.2% (2004 est.)
Population below poverty line:
40% (2002 est.)
Glen Beck discussed this letter last night on his show. In my opinion, Beck is the only news person taking this nut job seriously and realizing just how evil and dangerous Ahmadinejad is..
All conservative talk radio takes im seriously, it is our coward and liberal president who doesn't take it seriously.
This nation needs to be gearing up for a major war, both nuclear and land based, that our present military and civilian hospitals cannot handle at this time.
Three points that stand out is the hatred of the Jewish State of Israel. While it seems he has learned to tone it down, in reality he is quite venahment regarding the Zionist Regime.
the right of Palestinians to live in their own homeland should be recognized so that millions of Palestinian refugees can return to their homes
The second is the warning to the newly elected. Ding-Dong the alarm bell is ringing quite loudly....he is placing the responsibility not only on the democratic party, but on the American people. That sets it up such that if we don't leave the ME, ALL Americans are fair game. Not that, that is anything truly new, but it is the first time I know of that it is being so very clearly expressed.
Now that you control an important branch of the U.S. Government, you will also be held to account by the people and by history
And lastly was the appeal to convert to islam. The way of Truth and Justice. Note in the speech at the UN certain words were not capitalized, he is now speaking using them in the terms of divine providence.
As all prophets have taught us, injustice and transgression will eventually bring about decline and demise. Today, the path of return to faith and spirituality is open and unimpeded.
He then goes on to quote from the koran the call to islam...
We should all heed the Divine Words of the Holy Qur'an: "But those who repent, have faith and do good may receive Salvation. Your Lord, alone, creates and chooses as He will, and others have no part in His choice; Glorified is God and Exalted above any partners they ascribe to Him." (28:67-68)
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.