Skip to comments.Iranian Alert - December 7 - Photos of the major Student Demonstration in Tehran
Posted on 12/07/2006 2:35:25 PM PST by DoctorZIn
Top News Story
Photos of the major Student Demonstration in Tehran.
- Iran Press News reported that despite unprecedented security plans and repressive measures by the fascist regime of the Islamic republic to prevent the gathering commemorating the occasion of “students’ day”, more than 4000 students of the Tehran University were able to gather; as they chanted slogans such as “Death to despotism” and “death to the dictators” they were battered by herds of the regime’s agents and disciplinary guards.
- Fox News reported that as many as 2,000 students turned out to demand personal freedom in the Islamic state, which has cracked down on political activity on campus this year. Iranian Student News Agency published photos of the large demonstration in Tehran with statements on their banners such as: "If I rise up and you rise up, everyone will rise up."
Ayatollah’s health fails as Iran power struggle grows.
- Michael Ledeen, Pajamas Media published an update on his earlier report of Supreme Leader Ayatollah ali Khamenei health.
- Michael Ledeen, The Corner reported that Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the Supreme Leader of the Islamic Republic of Iran, was rushed to the hospital last night with an unspecified heart problem.
Follow God or vanish, Ahmadinejad tells West.
- Breitbart.com reported that Ahmadinejad has warned Western leaders to follow the path of God or "vanish from the face of the earth".
Iraq group recommends engagement with Syria, Iran.
- Reuters reported that the Iraq Study Group recommended to President George W. Bush on Wednesday that the United States directly engage with Syria and Iran to help resolve the Iraq conflict, the White House said.
- The Wall Street Journal, in an editorial, reminds us that the Iraq Study Group reflects the "realist" camp in foreign policy circles, but realism has nothing to do with their proposals.
Iran starts to dump US dollar in trade.
- Financial Express reported that the Islamic Republic plans to reduce its use of the US dollar in world trade and increase use of the euro, two Tehran-based newspapers reported.
Gates Warns Against War With Tehran.
- Eli Lake, The New York Sun reported that President Bush's nominee to run the Pentagon, Robert Gates, would counsel against a military strike targeting Iran except as a last resort and says he does not think the Iranian regime would use nuclear weapons in a first strike against Israel.
France suddenly takes the lead on Iran.
- The Scotsman reported that France said on Wednesday world powers must agree quickly on sanctions against Iran over its nuclear program or put the credibility of the United Nations at risk.
- Chron.com reported that France's foreign minister said that Iran will face U.N. sanctions for refusing to halt its nuclear program.
- Reuters reported that French Foreign Minister Philippe Douste-Blazy criticized Socialist presidential candidate Segolene Royal for saying Iran should not be allowed to build a civilian nuclear program.
Carter's errors, omissions, inventions and falsehoods.
- Powerline published a copy of an email by Professor Kenneth Stein of Emory University apparently explaining why he terminated his association with the Carter Center. Professor Stein's expertise lies in the history of the Arab-Israeli conflict and served as the first director of the Carter Center (1983-1986).
Here are a few other news items you may have missed.
- Omedia.org argued that the biggest Democratic powers and the United Nations are depriving themselves of their most important moral asset and strongest tool–the quest for peace. In their new approach of withdrawal and appeasement, just when they claim to promote peace, in fact they are promoting war.
- John Lewis, The ObjectiveStandard.com argued that in dealing with Islamic totalitarianism, the opposite of today’s “conventional wisdom” is true.
- Cox & Forkum published a cartoon: Casino Fatale.
"If you want on or off this Iran ping list, Freepmail DoctorZin
Join Us At Today's Iranian Alert Thread The Most Underreported Story Of The Year!
"If you want on or off this Iran ping list, Freepmail DoctorZin
I couldn't believe it but this was actually carried by Fox News today.
There going to have to do a lot more then demonstrate.
I wish America would supply them the means to do so.
Time may be running out.
So much potential in the youth of Iran. If only, if only.
Religious police with sticks ought to be able to beat that crowd into dispersal.
This morning at the county courthouse a couple of 20 something babes asked me why Old Glory was at half mast.
I had to tell them that it was Pearl Harbor day.
As a people we just don't appreciate our hard won liberty, freedom and way of life.
There was a report earlier that their "Supreme Leader" went to the hospital in critical condition?
James 'Saudi-crack-licker' Baker (Proterrorist Democrat): "Kill them all, they just might be Jooos"
It is so very sad.
Superficially I find this encouraging, but I have no doubt that if we ever attacked Iran, for any reason, these same students would be lining up to volunteer as suicide bombers.
Islam trumps EVERYTHING.
To grow up like this guy?
Are they Jihad condoning generally or not?..
I read something that implys most(70+%) of muslims condone Jihad..
And that 90+% depise Jews... and by inference christians..
Nationalism comes naturally as well.
Would that we had stayed out of Iran altogether.
Muslims of any shape and moderation are scary! Have you ever got to know any?
You would be surprised that the youth is not anti-American as you think they would be.
Dont write them off so easily.
The young folks now view WWII much like we probably viewed the Civil War when we were in our teens and early 20's. When I was 20, the Civil War had been over about a hundred years. People who are 20 are now looking back at a war that was over sixty years ago. The liberal control of the education system is too busy teaching about Kwanzaa and other politically correct "history" to spend any more than maybe a paragraph on Pearl Harbor and WWII. - Even when I was in school, we spent a huge amount of time learning about the Amazon Indians and what kind of houses they lived in and how they pounded some root or the other. George Washington looked on from his cloudy, unfinished portrait on the wall and I wondered who he was.
Re your post #16:
Based on what I know, many Iranians including students and the youth are not anti-Israel/Jews or anti-West or anti-America. Many arent even strictly practicing Muslims and dont condone Jihad. Though most Iranians are, in fact, Muslims, as you know.
Many younger or otherwise Iranians, especially those who were born after the revolution and come from a lower socio-economic class, have been and are very much brainwashed by the mullahs & their propaganda. Many are still very much exposed to Soviet style communist propaganda, though it may sound like a contradiction i.e. Islam vs. Communism. Mullahs have been controlling their education and every aspect of the society there. The longer the mullahs last, the more indoctrinated these people will become, perhaps, without even recognizing it. They are exposed to it on a daily basis and through various means. Mullahs look to further impose an Arab/Islamic ideology and culture on Iranians; it is of course in their interest to do so, though they call themselves Persians. In ideology, they certainly arent Persians. It is very sad indeed.
I think they'll be free in a few weeks, maybe less....................FRegards
[ Many are still very much exposed to Soviet style communist propaganda, though it may sound like a contradiction i.e. Islam vs. Communism. ]
Evil sisters, in league, have different means of producing the same result.. Bondage..
Have a good weekend. bump.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.