Skip to comments.Iranian Alert - December 15, 2006 - Friday's Elections in Iran...choices between EVIL and more EVIL
Posted on 12/15/2006 6:54:22 PM PST by DoctorZIn
Top News Story
Friday's Elections in Iran...choices between EVIL and more EVIL
- Adnkronos International reported that on the eve of the elections in Iran, the supreme leader Ali Khamenei made a forceful appeal for Iranians to vote in large numbers for candidates who are "able to achieve the principles of Islam" and guarantee continuity with the 1979 Islamic Revolution.
- Iran Press News reported that Iranian officials claimed that the lack of voided birth certificates of a considerable percent of the dead to be a serious problem and in some areas in big cities buying and selling of national i.d. cards is taking place.
- The Times Online reported on the election taking place in Iran Friday in what many call a battle between the Crocodile and the Shark, for leadership of the clerical assembly empowered to appoint the next supreme leader of Iran.
Next U.N. chief says Iran's call for Israel's destruction and denial of the Holocaust are "unacceptable"
- The International Herald Tribune reported that the new incoming Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said Thursday that Iran's call for Israel's destruction and its dismissal of the Nazi Holocaust were "unacceptable," and he expressed concern at the regional and global implications of Tehran's nuclear program.
The Olympic council of Asia warns the Islamic republic
- Iran Press News reported that the Olympic council of Asia warned the Islamic republic that if the Iranian athletes continue to have religious slogans printed on their uniforms and sports costumes, they will be heavily fined. In sports events religious slogans have been prohibited.
- Iran Press News reported that in response to the Olympic council of Asia's prohibition of the use of religious slogans on the shirts of athletes, the secretary-general of the Association of sports law of the Islamic regime said: “No one has the right to express their opinion about our religious beliefs.”
Saudi Royal Family, Gov't Split on Iraq and Iran.
- The Guardian reported that the Saudi Arabia's royal family and government leaders are deeply divided over how to handle the growing crisis in Iraq and other looming Mideast problems like Iran.
Tony EU Conservatives: Blair Must Demand that EU Ambassadors Leave Iran
- Conservative.com reported the Conservative leader in the European Parliament, Timothy Kirkhope MEP, demanded that the Prime Minister makes a stand against the Iranian regime by urging EU partners to withdraw their ambassadors to Iran for consultations at home in protest at the Neo-Nazi Summit held in Tehran.
Here are a few other news items you may have missed.
- Michael Rubin, The Corner argued that there is a false conventional wisdom—certainly voiced privately by State Department and National Security Council officials in interagency meetings—that Washington’s support for dissidents is a kiss-of-death.
- You Tube published a video of Ahmadinejad being grilled In Amir Kabir University.
- Mike Shelton, Townhall.com published a cartoon: Ahmadinejad's Hocus Pocus!
"If you want on or off this Iran ping list, Freepmail DoctorZin
Correction: Friday is the day of voting!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.