Skip to comments.Iranian Alert - December 25, 2006 - 'Piece of paper' cannot stop Iran's nuclear program: Ahmadinejad
Posted on 12/25/2006 10:54:59 AM PST by DoctorZIn
Top News Story
'Piece of paper' cannot stop Iran's nuclear program: Ahmadinejad
- RXPGNews reported that Ahmadinejad said Sunday that 'a piece of paper' - could not stop Iran's atomic programs.
Iranian MPs introduce give themselves 48 hours to vote on suspension of IAEA inspections
- Iranian Student News Agency reported that Iranian MPs introduced a double-urgency motion to Majlis on Sunday calling for suspension of the UN nuclear watchdog's inspection of Iranian nuclear sites following the approval of an anti-Iran resolution by the United Nations Security Council.
Iran to defy sanctions by expanding enrichment
- ABC.net.au reported that Iran has vowed to start work on drastically expanding its capacity to enrich uranium, in an immediate response to the United Nations Security Council's first ever sanctions against the Islamic republic.
Incoming UN chief urges Iran to resume stalled nuclear talks with Europeans
- The News.net.au reported that UN Secretary General-designate Ban Ki-moon urged Tehran to resume stalled talks with three European powers.
Ahmadinejad's body guards: Thought-Provoking Images
- Rooz Online pondered a recent news clip of Ahmadinejad's talk at Tehran’s Amir Kabir University. Two points about the film are significant and thought provoking: First, the two paper bombs that went off while the president spoke. The second is the president’s response, and that of his guards. He was unmoved and totally ignored the incident on the spot.
Full Text of UNSC Resolution 1737 on Iran
- UN Security Council released a press release with the text of the entire UNSC Resolution 1737 on Iran.
Here are a few other news items you may have missed.
- Amir Taheri, Asharq Alawsat reported that as a result of recent "elections" in Iran Ahmadinejad is now wounded but still very much alive. And that, according to Machiavelli, is when a political animal is at his most dangerous.
- RTE.ie reported that Venezuela has expressed interest in an Iranian move which seeks to ask buyers to pay for oil in euro rather than US dollars.
- ScrappleFace, YouTube.com published a little video humor: Zawahiri Christmas Greeting.
works for me...