Skip to comments.Iranian Alert - February 9, 2007 - Iran Will Strike U.S. Interests Around World if Attacked
Posted on 02/12/2007 9:20:35 AM PST by DoctorZIn
Top News Story
Khamenei: Iran Will Strike U.S. Interests Around World if Attacked
- Fox News reported that Iran's supreme leader said Tehran will strike U.S. interests around the world if his country is attacked.
Iran says tests missiles able to sink "big warships"
- Reuters reported that Iran's Revolutionary Guards test fired missiles in wargames on Thursday which a commander said could sink "big warships" in the Gulf, Sea of Oman and the north of the Indian Ocean.
Iran: Activists Barred From Traveling Abroad
- Human Rights Watch called for the Iranian government to immediately lift foreign travel bans used to prevent human rights activists and journalists from attending international forums.
Iran claims 100 US, Israeli Spies Identified in Iran
- Fars News Agency reported that Iran's Intelligence Minister Gholam Hussein Mohseni Ezheh'ee here on Wednesday said that 100 American and Israeli spies have been identified across Iranian borders.
Nations divided over how to punish Iran
- The Mercury News reported that Europeans are accusing Americans of strong-arming them into cracking down on Iran.
A conversation with Benjamin Netanyahu
- DoctorZin reported on his recent blogger conference call this morning with Benjamin Netanyahu. He spoke of the need to increase our broadcasts into the country and inform the people of the Iran of the danger the regime is creating for its own people.
Here are a few other news items you may have missed.
- The Washington Post reported that textbooks used in Iran's schools are instilling students with hatred toward the West, especially the United States, and urging them to become "martyrs" in a global holy war against countries perceived to be enemies of Islam, a new study says.
- Itar-Tass reported that the secretary of Russia’s Security Council, Igor Ivanov, said Russia attaches great importance to the political dialogue with Iran.
- CoxandForkum published a cartoon: Who Goes There.
"If you want on or off this Iran ping list, Freepmail DoctorZin
Join Us At Today's Iranian Alert Thread The Most Underreported Story Of The Year!
"If you want on or off this Iran ping list, Freepmail DoctorZin
The Iranians had better hope that there's a daily newspaper in Hell. That's the only way they'll be able to figure out if they did any damage.
How much refined fuel do they have on hand? Two day's worth?
So they've got two days.....
I bet the U.S. runs out of targets before Iran does.
So Khamenei's saying this is supposed to make us think that Iran hasn't already been attacking U.S. interests around the world? Good propaganda for the Democrats to absorb and disseminate as proof their buddy K is a victim.
Thanks for the post Dr Z.
I'd advise everyone out there to make themselves as hard a target as possible, starting with getting a concealed carry license. That's not the only answer out there, and certainly doesn't address lots of potential threats, but it is one of the few things that we, as individuals, can do to actively protect ourselves (vs. passive protection like stocking up on food, water, etc. - which is also a good idea if the power is going to go out for a while, or the food distribution chain is going to be badly affected by a terrorist strike).
"Iran Will Strike U.S. Interests Around World if Attacked"
It's doing that now. Bomb them. Now.
"The Iranians had better hope that there's a daily newspaper in Hell."
There IS a daily newspaper in Hell. It's called "The New York Times."
I would urge my fellow Americans to go armed when shopping, at work, dining, etc., so as not to be caught unawares by these terrorists. If the majority of the public were to arm themselves, any attack by Iranians would fall flat on it's face.
We as Americans must understand that Freedom isn't free. Those American forces fighting in Iraq are stemming the probability that similar altercations don't happen here in America. The muslims certainly cannot hide in America for too long. Vengance by the American people if attacked, would be unparralled. Maybe make Vlad look like a boyscout.
Hope Tehran's tyrants can be removed very quickly.
BTTT. Our forces there are attracting them like flies to a pile of manure. To the extent that they go there, they aren't here in our streets attacking our largely unarmed, unprotected populace. To the extent that we kill them, they can't kill any more innocents. Our soldiers are heroes, because they willingly go in Harm's way to protect us - and the strategy is smart because it keeps the vermin far away from our homes.
Or even better, store up some provisions just in case.
Agreed - there are fighting generals and political generals, and we have not enough of the former making decisions and recommendations, and way too many of the latter...all of which is the fault of the limp-richard pols.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - if 9/11 and 3,000 murder victims isn't enough, then all that will wake us up is a nuclear fire cracker lit off far upside our nether regions. Nothing else will apparently remove the PC-provided pink sunglasses, and get most of our public to tell the lefties to stuff it...and, as to paraphrase Churchill, it will all have been unnecessary, all a waste of precious human lives. Oh, and the irony is that most of the victims are likely to be big libs, as they concentrate in the most likely targets, population-dense cities.
That's a good measure - but a completely passive one. At least carrying around the means to defend yourself and your family is somewhat proactive (and it can help handle other situations besides terrorists). The good news is that these measures are not mutually exclusive.
The permit thing is not necessary in Alaska. Assume everybody has a 44 magnum and you won't be far off. The real problem in Alaska would be its total dependence on constant resupply from Outside.
The war should be fought to conquer the enemy and not the hearts and minds of the people. It didn't work in Nam and it work work in Iraq. My contention is that if the civilian populace provides logistics support to the insurgents/enemy then they have become the enemy.
Iran will then find itself back in the Azoic.
Another good reason to count the number of mosques in your neighbourhoods, note their locations, then stay well armed and safe. .............. FRegards
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.