I suggest any enemy that is not latin-american dictatorship armed with WWII US relic cruiser and with more than 7 Antiship missiles.
Argentinians did several stupidities:
1. failed to extend runway on Falklands so that it could lounch Mirage and Super Etendar and Skyhawk Jets
2. get more Exocet missiles
3. Organise circular perimeter defence on Falklands.
Wrong usage of Airforce
1. Mirages were used from minladn thus fighting on max range of jets, having 30 minutes of combat time.
2. Attacking Destroyers and friggates (with succes) instead of landing ships, troop carriers and carriers themselves.
3. Absence of heawy artillery on falklans.
4. absece of significant fortifications
5. usage of recruits on Falklands that were one month in service instead of veteran soldiers.
Britts have luck to fight morones.
Anyway, British fleet hade problems. Just as how many propellers were in usage on their carriers? carriers hade propulsion problem.
I think some British admiral told Thatcher that,if the carrier Invincible was damaged or sunk,things would be become very difficult.If the Hermes was hit,it would be all over.
I'm sure I read somewhere that Britain went halfway around the world - a couple of hundred miles away from a another nation and won.
If you would have wanted the dictatorship to win then fine - it's a free country.
As for Iran, you are right, Britain could not go to Iran and win conventionally. As Vietnam or lebanon showed even if you are better regiment to regiment other factors mean you fail.
But then you are presuming Britain would have to go to Iran. Could Iran come to the UK and win - erm no.
"Wrong usage of Airforce "
Right on. Had it not been for the phenominal bravery of the Argy A-4 drivers, there would have been no war at all.
Those guys deserve credit for how they executed in the face of all stupidity by their superiors.
Many of them knew that they were at the extreme limit of their range, but stayed focused and on mission, in spite of the problems.
US training in the spotlight.
Well if they can fight as good as you spell I think a few 5 year old girl baseball players would win pretty quick.
It would be a serious mistake to underestimate the Brits. While they may not have the depth of resources that the United States Armed Forces have, or for that matter several other countries, the British soldier is still a tough SOB who will simply not stop. Their surface fleet is getting depleted (and while they may be getting some advanced ships, like the PAAMs system, their navy is getting diluted due to funding cuts), but going against the RN means contending with the fact that there might be some British sub trailing you. And that is not a very healthy proposition.