Skip to comments.A Real Moderate Takes a Stand Against CAIR and the Flying Imams
Posted on 04/07/2007 2:55:22 PM PDT by ButThreeLeftsDo
Three cheers no, three million cheers for Zuhdi Jasser, a practicing doctor and retired Navy Lieutenant Commander, who is trying to catalyze fellow moderate Muslims into standing up against the jihadists and their cheerleaders. He has written this important article at FamilySecurityMatters.org denouncing CAIR and the lawsuit it is pushing on behalf of the infamous Flying Imams against US Airways and the "John Doe" passengers who had the temerity to be frightened and speak out.
Read it all. Here is one excerpt of the words we've been longing to hear from Muslim moderates:
Make no mistake. This lawsuit forces our courts and our community to firmly clarify our rules of engagement and the tools we can and cannot use to stay safe and maintain our freedoms. If this case is not thrown out early by the courts it stands to chill civilian reporting of suspicious behavior which will further embolden those who target our American citizenryMuslim and non-Muslim. Frankly, it will also create a deeper wedge and greater fear whether based on reality or ignorance between the Muslim and non-Muslim community. Contrary to the CAIR spin machine and their sympathizers, this case is about much more than a few Muslim imams from Phoenix who felt their rights (to fly) were infringed by U.S. Airways and some passengers (John Does) who passed notes to the crew. It is about much more than such a simplistic view of the known facts.
As a nation, our collective response to this will be a defining moment in the articulation of our values, while also defining our priorities in defense of civilian America against the threat of militant Islamism and all those enemies who target us.
We are seeing at play in this case elements that illustrate the pathology of political Islam and how it blindly drives many Muslims who believe in it, whether or not their means are wise or their ends are understood. The longer we avoid the deeper discussion of the machinations of political Islam (Islamism) in America, the longer we allow it to take cover and thrive under the guise of political correctness within our pluralistic democracy. The longer we continue to disengage from the real aims and overriding denial of Islamist organizations that wage public battle through their toxic mixture of religion and politics, the further we fall behind in this war of ideas. Without engagement, Islamism, Salafism, and radicalism will continue to flourish within the very construct of our Constitutional government and protection of our Bill of Rights - including its establishment clause and all the while Islamists strive to create a society which honors neither.
“Flyin’ Imams ping....
Anyone know if it’s possible for the passengers and/or the airline to sue the idiot-imams for causing mental anguish, disruption of travel, lost time, scaring little children, etc?
Pay them back and CAIR with their own currency, sort of.
Sure, anything’s possible. It’s just going to take the right type of person to step up, call BS and prepare for a long, expensive, haul.
“Anyone know if its possible for the passengers and/or the airline to sue the idiot-imams for causing mental anguish, disruption of travel, lost time, scaring little children, etc?”
Sure, the passengers could. Its a tort called “intentional infliction of mental and emotional distress”. I’m surprised no one has filed one yet.
I’ve heard from good authority, Bridgett Gabrielle, (a former Muslim) that the moderates in Islam number only about 2%. That leaves 98% willing to blow themselves up for Allah. And the children are being taught this from birth. She propounds that Islam will not waiver from it’s goal to overthrow the free world, put our women in burkas, and our men with their fannies in the air; or take us out altogether. The moderates will have little sway in all that.
I absloutely guarantee that Navy Lieutenant Commander Zuhdi Jasser receives death threats from the moonbat left and the their allies in CAIR and other jihadist fifth colun forces.
I have no doubt that he already has.....
Death to islame! Death to muslimes!
There I feel almost even now!
The fact that he has to come out in public and speak out against the Islamofacists is indicative of how this war is being fought within our borders. The only topic these days is the Muslims, the conversation needs to go back to protecting our way of life. There are others and they are stepping forward, so stark in contrast to the 15 Brits who were “blindfolded and handcuffed”, these men risk their lives and their families to say that they want to be free Americans. I, for one, am grateful to them.
American Congress for Truth
Brigitte Gabriel’s home page,
Lot’s of truth.
She’s never been a Muzzy, she was born a Maronite Christian.
|Muslims offer to help 'John Does' sued by imams[U.S. Airways Passengers] ^
|Posted by FLOutdoorsman
On News/Activism ^ 03/21/2007 4:20:39 AM CDT · 58 replies · 1,411+ views
The Washington Times ^ | 21 March 2007 | Audrey Hudson
Lawyers and a Muslim group say they will defend at no cost airline passengers caught up in a lawsuit between a group of imams and U.S. Airways if the passengers are named as "John Does" and sued for reporting suspicious behavior that got the Muslim clerics booted from a November flight. The six imams are suing the airline, Minneapolis-St. Paul Metropolitan Airports Commission, and the unnamed "John Does" to be named later, for discrimination, saying they were removed from the flight for praying in the airport. Dr. M. Zuhdi Jasser, a Phoenix-area physician and director of American Islamic Forum for...
>She’s never been a Muzzy, she was born a Maronite Christian.<
Oh, thank you. I stand corrected. I must have missed that part of the interview. I knew she lived among the muslims until she came here and became an American citizen, and just assumed, but then you know what they say about that word. :o)
Do you thinks that 10,000 Americans chipping in $5 a month to stick it to the imams is doable?
Fifty K$ a month should buy some pretty good legal help...
That'd end this crap.
Ive heard from good authority, Bridgett Gabrielle, (a former Muslim) that the moderates in Islam number only about 2%. That leaves 98% willing to blow themselves up for Allah.
Well that would explain the streets running red with blood in Hamtramck Michigan.
Not the Flying Imams
By Debra J. Saunders
Sunday, April 8, 2007
In November, US Airways kicked six imams off a plane bound for Phoenix from Minneapolis. According to news reports, passengers and crew had become spooked watching some of the imams pray by the gate, then after boarding, saw the imams move around the plane as they spoke in Arabic — some said the imams spoke of Saddam Hussein, which the imams deny. They said that the imams also had requested seat-belt extenders — heavy metal objects — which some feared could be used as weapons. The imams then were questioned and released without being charged.
Minneapolis attorney Gerry Nolting offered to represent any John Does for free. As he told me, the FAA relies on passengers to report suspicious activity to protect the flying public. Suing the John Doe passengers, he noted, would have “a chilling effect” by signaling to passengers that if they report suspicious behavior, “you’ll be the next defendant.”
Meanwhile, the whole episode had some observers wondering about this post-9/11 controversy. As Zuhdi Jasser, an Arizona internist and former Navy medical officer who founded the American Islamic Forum for Democracy to serve as a “voice for liberty-minded Muslims in America in the war on terror,” wrote of the “flying imam” controversy, “Was their behavior part of a pre-arranged stunt for the purpose of gathering sympathy on a false premise that Muslims in America are being ‘victimized?’”
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.