Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Theodore Dalrymple is the author, most recently, of Our Culture, What’s Left of It: The Mandarins and the Masses and Romancing the Opiates: Pharmacological Lies and the Addiction Bureaucracy.
1 posted on 06/30/2007 6:11:54 AM PDT by kellynla
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies ]


To: kellynla

for later


2 posted on 06/30/2007 6:25:20 AM PDT by RayStacy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: kellynla

-bflr-


3 posted on 06/30/2007 6:30:50 AM PDT by rellimpank (-don't believe anything the MSM states about firearms or explosives--NRA Benefactor)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: kellynla

The elites of the West have turned against the West. They have concluded that the West is indefensible, and undefendable - indefensible because of the evils that they perceive in it, undefendable because of the decadence that they see, against lean, mean, adversaries, such as, in previous generations, Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia, with their centrally planned economies that they elites saw as more rational than the West’s, and the current crop of Islamic Jihadist, who are willing to commit suicide while murdering innocent people.

The problem is that these elites have used their positions of authority to bring large segments of the populations of the West to their way of thinking, to the point that like minded politicians can be elected, or appointed, to positions of power.

We now have people in positions of political power who have made common cause with the sworn enemies of the West. They did so in their time with Nazi Germany, and Soviet Russia, who inconveniently collapsed under pressure, military, as well as economic and political, from the West. But that was a time when there were still some political leaders in the West with the gonads to oppose them. I am sad to say that I do not see that happenning as we face the assault by the Jihadists.


5 posted on 06/30/2007 6:34:43 AM PDT by Daveinyork
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: kellynla
I can picture some guy yammering on the roof of a windmill several times a day.

The good news is only 15% of the immigrants are openly hostile. The bad news is the other 85% doesn't care about the other 15%'s hostility.

The countries of Europe have become speakers of two languages; native tongue and Arabic. The same thing is happening in America only it is English and Spanish. Americans would never allow the Europeans out do us so, we will naturally take on a third.

6 posted on 06/30/2007 6:38:12 AM PDT by oyez (Justa' another high minded lowlife.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: kellynla

BTTT


7 posted on 06/30/2007 6:41:01 AM PDT by T. Buzzard Trueblood ("left unchecked, Saddam Hussein...will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons." Sen. Hillary Clinton)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: kellynla
Once the west (Europe) is actually lost, it will be the beginning of the end for us in America also.

When you have democrats in Congress actually thinking out loud that foreign enemy combatants should have the same constitutionally rights as a US CITIZEN and they aren't run out of town on rail tarred and feathered, it doesn't bode well for us.

The Islamist will use our own constitution to enslave us for gutless politicians who only care about power

11 posted on 06/30/2007 7:40:12 AM PDT by Popman (I removed my Bushbot brain chip after he didn't veto the McCain Feingold election anti freedom bill)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: kellynla

Very good article by Theodore Dalrymple. Thanks for posting.

Waiting NOW (National Organization of Women) to to hear from MEOW (Mid East Organization of Women) or EOW (Europeon Organization of Women). /sarcasm


13 posted on 06/30/2007 7:53:26 AM PDT by PGalt
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: kellynla
the country [UK] has recently absorbed half a million Poles without any obvious tension or difficulty.

LOL. At least the Poles share the same basic culture and religious beliefs. Europe will emerge out of this threat better than we will. There is a reason so many different countries and languages have survived in Europe for centuries. They will not permit their culture to be destroyed without a fight. And they won't allow the invaders to use their political system against them. And there will be no equivalent of the ACLU.

14 posted on 06/30/2007 8:04:33 AM PDT by kabar
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: kellynla; oldglory; MinuteGal; mcmuffin; gonzo

Here’s a related addition to your thread. “How the West Was Lost” is mentioned in the second link. bttt

“French President Jacques Chirac - who in 2000 said Kyoto represents “the first component of an authentic global governance”, provided the key clue as to why so many in the international community still revere the Kyoto Protocol.” ..” ~ Klein Verzet - A small voice in the cacophony, a little finger in an increasingly soggy dyke. http://tinyurl.com/yszk8v

More good stuff from Klein Verzet in The Netherlands
Mounting a Defense http://tinyurl.com/yurclf


16 posted on 06/30/2007 8:12:13 AM PDT by Matchett-PI (A better name for the goracle is "MALgore" - as in MALpractice, MALevolent, MALfeasance, MALodorous,)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: kellynla
The young men of the second generation adopt many aspects of American ghetto “culture,” which in conjunction with Islamic teaching and tradition, enables them to dominate women in a way that is to them extremely gratifying. This prevents the women (who, as Laqueur tells us, and I can confirm from personal experience, are vastly superior morally and intellectually to their menfolk) from achieving all they might in an open society. In turn, the cheap and unconstructive satisfactions of domestic dictatorship discourages Muslim men from real achievement and engagement in the wider society around them. For the majority of young men of Muslim descent in Europe, the chief attraction of Islam is the justification it offers for the ill-treatment of women.

In and around the American ghetto culture, women have the opportunity to live a quasi-normal life, with education, jobs, and -- sans husband -- kids. Thank goodness Sharia law hasn't arrived here yet.

19 posted on 06/30/2007 10:59:28 AM PDT by AZLiberty (President Fred -- I like the sound of it.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article


FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson