Skip to comments.Lebanon charges two Australians with terror offences
Posted on 07/04/2007 2:09:38 PM PDT by knighthawk
Excerpt from report by Radio Australia on 4 July
Lebanese authorities have now laid terrorism charges against two Australians who they have had locked up for more than a week. They are Ibrahim Sabouh and Omar Hadba. Two other Australians arrested at the same time have been released without charge in the past 24 hours. Mohammed Basal [phonetic] and the boxing champion Ahmed Elomar have returned to their families in northern Lebanon. Mr Elomar says he was blindfolded, handcuffed and beaten during interrogation. All four men had been accused of supplying weapons to terrorists. [passage omitted]
Source: Radio Australia, Melbourne, in English 0810 gmt 4 Jul 07
Notice they aren't named Brian Smith and Tim Jones? ; )
Traditional Australian names.
Thank goodness that he wasn't subjected to the horrors (*) endured by that other Australian, David Hicks, while in US custody in Guantanamo...
* Horrors such as three square meals per day, an air-conditioned prison cell, and having his own personal Koran handled by infidels wearing gloves to prevent it from being defiled by their contact with it...
huh. When it said two Australians were charged with terrorism> I expected them to have names like "Darby" Munro or "Ocker" Stevens
I bet these two good old boys have never been Roo hunting.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.