Skip to comments.An Update on the Nicholas Corbett Case From Local 2544
Posted on 08/14/2007 4:50:25 PM PDT by Ajnin
A hearing on this matter was held on August 6, 2007 at a JP courthouse in Bisbee, Arizona. Several things have been reinforced:
(1) The Mexican Consulate is the engine behind this ridiculous prosecution. They take great pride in destroying the careers and lives of Border Patrol agents. They have an agenda (open borders and zero immigration enforcement), and they bully our weak American government counterparts into doing their bidding. Its sickening.
(2) The alleged victim in this case was a gang-banger. He was wearing gloves when he threatened Agent Corbett with a rock. The Cochise County Sheriffs Department did NOT secure the gloves, and left them at the scene. Then the coroner advises the court that the victim couldnt have had a rock in his hand because there was no dirt on his hand (note to CCS and coroner: the dirt was on the glove you left at the shooting scene). Great police work.
(3) The witnesses are being coached by the Mexican Consulate, even in the courtroom, where they look at the Consulate officer before answering some questions and he nods his head to tell them how to answer.
(4) The Mexican Consulate officer in the courtroom on August 6th evidently doesnt get enough sleep. He was constantly falling asleep in the courtroom when he wasnt telling the witnesses how to answer questions from Corbetts defense counsel.
(5) The investigator for CCS acts unprofessionally. She attempted to engage Agent Corbett in an argument during a break at the hearing by aggressively asking him if he had a problem. He was professional and ignored her.
(6) The investigator for CCS doesnt know what gang tattoos look like because she has never been trained to recognize gang tattoos. Therefore, she couldnt classify the victim as a gang-banger. More great police work.
(7) The CCS investigator became very confused and emotional during cross examination from Corbetts defense team.
(8) Mexican President Felipe Calderon, according to the Mexican Consulate, has a personal interest in seeing Agent Corbett convicted for shooting this rock wielding gang-banger. Really? Well, they failed to mention that he also has a personal interest in open borders, weak immigration enforcement, and retaining a pipeline to export millions of unskilled illegal aliens who in turn send billions of dollars back to Mexico. Great gig Calderon. Perhaps you should stop encouraging folks in your country to come here, and we know this is tough, but maybe, just once, you should look in a mirror and decide that Mexico is such a mess in large part because of politicians like you. We realize its easier to blame the United States for all your problems.
(9) When the facts come out at trial, this political prosecution will go up in flames.
(10) The professional protesters who crawl into the parking lot at these hearings are clueless. They see a case against the Border Patrol, instantly decide were guilty because they hate us, misspell a few words on a cardboard sign, and stand around protesting all the injustice. We agree, theres an injustice being perpetrated here. An innocent man is being railroaded by a foreign government for doing his job
What agency is prosecuting the agent? I would have thought that it would be the US Attorney, and if so, why is the investigation being conducted by the Sheriff’s office?
I believe he is being charged by the state. An attorney working in Cochise county filed charges against Corbett. From my experience SO’s investigate all homicides in their jurisdiction even with federal involvement.
I knew from the very beginning that this would be happening to Agent Corbett. Anyone who has dealt with the Bisbee and Cochise County Justice Court Systems, the Bisbee Police and the Cochise County Sheriff’s Office or the Cochise County Attorney’s Office finds out that it is all political, the good old boy system, and what deals can be made for their friends. It is one corrupt system. And, for some reason our Country fears Mexico and will not stand up to them. I empathize with Agent Corbett’s plight. He is being railroaded and being used as a scapegoat. The worse part is you would expect that from the Mexican government but you would think our government would protect our Border Patrol Agents who put their lives on the line to keep dangerous illegals out.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.