Skip to comments.Radioactive poison that killed Litvinenko found at London lap dancing bar
Posted on 08/18/2007 6:21:22 AM PDT by NCjim
Traces of the lethal radioactive poison which killed Russian dissident Alexander Litvinenko have been found at four previously undisclosed sites - including a Mayfair lap dancing bar.
The revelations come nine months after the former spy's murder and shed new light on the scale of the investigation into his death.
The polonium-210 poison was found at the Hey Jo nightclub on Jermyn Street, on a shisha pipe in the West End restaurant Dar Marakesh, in a taxi and in Mr Litvinenko's Mercedes.
Westminster council has disclosed that a total of 47 venues were checked, among them five buses, eight aircraft, eight hotels and seven restaurants.
The operation cost the council £250,000, the Metropolitan Police £1million and the Health Protection Agency £2million. Alexander Litvinenko
Alexander Litvinenko died of polonium-210 poisoning John Barradell, the deputy chief executive of Westminster, said the council had been forced to take the lead in clearing the poison from the sites.
He said: "The number of sites came in thick and fast from the police. On one night we had to send staff to investigate 10 premises.
"We had to prepare a protocol for each venue as the information came in from the Met.
"This was an incredibly complex investigation, which involved teamwork by multiple agencies and in which the council played a lead role.
(Excerpt) Read more at thisislondon.co.uk ...
Dancers from Hey Jo lap dancing club where traces of radiation have been detected
Man! Those are some knobby-kneed ho’s! You KNOW there’s a rose or two tattooed up there somewhere.....
Well they are kinda hot!........
Irradiate me please. :)
I guess it’s true, the Vikings took all the beautiful women back to Norway............
Someone needs to inspect them thoroughly for radiation injury.
Just not normally hot enough to set off a Geiger counter.
Well, it would speed up a pacemaker a bit..........
Traces of Polonium-210 has been found in several water wells in Fallon, Nevada, last month. It caused many of the area’s milk producers to pour thousands of gallons of milk down the drain. Tests are underway.
The one sitting is a man.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.