Skip to comments.Ted Nugent: Opinions? No, just the facts
Posted on 08/26/2007 8:05:12 AM PDT by McLynnan
Ted Nugent: Opinions? No, just the facts
By Ted Nugent, Texas Wildman
Sunday, August 26, 2007
I admit right up front I didn't graduate from college.
I was too busy learning stuff, traveling the world, creating a firestorm of rock-'n'-roll R&B and seeing the way things are.
I fancy myself a human sponge for information, facts, data, wisdom and truth.
I am convinced that quality of life comes as a direct result of learning good over bad, smart over stupid, responsible over irresponsible, and the making of pragmatic decisions based on evidence to that effect.
Bottom line is, I am a rather humble guy, not cocky enough to pontificate on my "opinions," but rather examine information, cross-reference all that I can dig up and draw conclusions based on corroborating empirical evidence.
For example, I'm not foolish enough to play with fire, use tobacco, drink and drive, eat garbage like a pig, point guns at anything I'm not willing to destroy, commit crimes or play around with meth or crack.
I not only learn by my mistakes, but from those of others as well. The jury is not still out on the error of these ways. It's over rover.
So, as I kneel and pray each day for a stronger, better America, I find myself conducting more and more media interviews, speaking to a lot of youth groups and various schools across this great land.
I am astounded at the abject denial regarding certain self-evident truths, a denial that is a surefire recipe for serious injury, ruined lives, premature death and a dangerously susceptible America.
Convenient denial on any given subject will create an atmosphere of general denial where you can more easily pretend, for example, that smoking or chewing tobacco isn't really substance abuse and you can go right along killing yourself while charging others for your health care. Unbelievable.
So, here's a list of facts that may or may not be argued, but all are irrefutable, and the fact that an argument exists on any of them proves that fantasy is for fools who are more than happy to see America come to her knees.
* Water is wet. Venison is food. Tobacco use kills more Americans than anything. Drinking and driving is self-inflicted terrorism.
* God gave me the right to defend myself.
* Tofu production kills more living things than any other activity on earth.
* Paul McCartney took too much acid.
* Trapping bans don't work. Hunting bans don't work. Gun bans don't work. Gun-free zones are a recipe for innocent slaughter.
* Guns are harmless, inanimate objects.
* Pathetic people not willing to defend themselves cannot dictate such soulless policy upon those of us who know we must.
* American education fails to teach many children to read, write, spell, balance a checkbook or talk.
* The Internal Revenue Service is horrendously wasteful, unaccountable and unconstitutional.
* Dope destroys lives. Meth users are American terrorists.
* The No. 1 threat to a black American's life is a black American.
* Kids that don't do chores are a liability to family and America.
* People who don't care about their health don't deserve health care.
* Good is superior to evil. Smart is better than dumb. Activism is the duty of anyone claiming to be part of an experiment in self-government. A work ethic is far superior to laziness.
* Barbecued dead animals are perfect, natural and delicious.
* Love conquers hate. Patience teaches much more than immediate gratification. Clean is better than dirty.
* War is the answer against terror and evil. In WWII, America was the good guy, the Japanese and Nazis were the bad guys. You cannot negotiate with evil.
* The war on poverty is a joke. Pimps, whores and welfare brats are not legitimate job descriptions.
* Trees produce wood for many quality and proper uses.
* There are more deer, bear, mountain lion, geese, wild hogs and wild turkey in North America than at any time in recorded history.
* Child molesters cannot be fixed.
* The government gets more profit from gasoline taxes than the oil corporations do per gallon.
* Rock-'n'-roll is sexier than C&W. Guitars are cooler than keyboards.
* It's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it.
* People who can't speak clear English or mumble and carry themselves badly will have a hard time achieving the American Dream.
* Hippies stink.
* People who litter are rude pigs.
I think you get the picture. Obviously, this is a grossly incomplete list of some of the more obvious facts of life.
But if we are to honestly examine this sampling, you will see facts that are to this day disputed, all in the name of "feelgood" denial.
Ted Nugent is a Waco-based musician and television show host.
Ted for President!
Amen, Brother Ted.
The President were a straight shooting guitar slinger?
“The 2 greatest dangers facing America now are:
1) IRAN with a Nuclear weapon
2) The GULLIBILITY of the American People”
...Political Columnist Extraordinaire THOMAS SEWELL - 2007
Ya know? I like Ted, but he misses the mark here.
Ted, you have it backwards here. Smokers are paying for your healthcare while being robbed by the GOVT.
Ever hear of SCHIP?
Plus Ted has dropped the N bomb a few times.
I like the Stones, but there's little question as to who has held up better between Mr. Ted Nugent and Mr. Kieth Richards.
oh boy, here come the selective tobacco and pornograpy libertarians...ok, sound off and go start your own “pot is natural and God-given” threads, OK?
lol. yeah right.
"Bottom line is, I am a rather humble guy..."
LOL! Good old Ted...master of understatement!
Nugent has a steak of nanny-statism in him. Tobacco use kills more people than anything? Dope kills? Hey Ted - if people want to smoke or shoot themselves up it’s none of your business, OK?
Ted also expresses a preference for guitars over keyboards. Do you conclude that he would propose a keyboard tax (or ban)?
Ted's quotes didn't say anything about porn.
Ted mentioned that tobacco usage and dope was bad for folks. Sorry, I disagree to the extent that it's none of his business.
Great! And I just walked inside from smoking a cigarette! Couldn't you have posted this 10 minutes earlier??
Did a 10 year old draw up this list?
A lib is lib, and you know it. Let's not play checkers with our words, OK?
Just think about all the dope people smoked at his concerts, LOL.
I think he’s quite the kook.
I do agree with his stance on firearms, however.
He said that it was bad for you, not that he wanted to ban it or that it was his business to tell people what to do.
They ARE bad for you... a fact. Irrefutable fact was the point of the article.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.