Skip to comments.Hillary Clinton to speak at Rick Warren's church
Posted on 11/15/2007 7:41:47 AM PST by ZGuy
Senator Hillary Clinton (D-New York) will join Rick Warren at his California church this month for an AIDS conference.
Warren says he has invited several other presidential candidates from both parties to attend his third annual Global Summit on AIDS, but Senator Clinton is the only one, so far, to confirm. According to a press release, others who have expressed interest and currently are dealing with scheduling issues include GOP presidential candidates Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee, and Rudy Giuliani, and Democrats John Edwards and Senator Barak Obama (D-Illinois).
According to Warren, "Inviting politicians from different perspectives to the Summit is not a political decision -- it is a humanitarian and Christian action." The Summit is scheduled for Nov. 27-Dec. 1 at Saddleback Church, Warren's church in Lake Forest, California.
Obama was one of the speakers during Warren's Global Summit on AIDS last year, as was Senator Sam Brownback (R-Kansas) who last month withdrew from the GOP presidential competition.
Birds of a feather..........
Golly Gee! Will Joy Behar bring up Seperation of Church and state today over this?
(not bloody likely)
Hillary will say that she tried to get AIDS, but was turned down becasue she’s a woman.
I wonder if Jesus will get a mention.
Dems can visit the inner city churches all they want and no one says a thing.
So I’ve seen.
...however Hillary and Rick can join together in singing the drug song “Purple Haze” - i.e. as he did a while back when “celebrating” his “ministry / church” anniversary sac/
If Christians followed Christ commands it would make a huge impact on the world.
What are some of the commands of Christ?
1. RepentMatthew 4:17Humility
2. Follow MeMatthew 4:19Meekness
3. RejoiceMatthew 5:12Joyfulness
4. Let Your Light ShineMatthew 5:16Generosity
5. Honor Gods LawMatthew 5:1718Love
6. Be ReconciledMatthew 5:2425Responsibility
7. Do Not Commit AdulteryMatthew 5:2930Self-Control
8. Keep Your WordMatthew 5:37Truthfulness
9. Go the Second MileMatthew 5:3842Deference
10. Love Your EnemiesMatthew 5:44Creativity
11. Be PerfectMatthew 5:48Sincerity
12. Practice Secret DisciplinesMatthew 6:118Faith
13. Lay Up TreasuresMatthew 6:1921Thriftiness
14. Seek Gods KingdomMatthew 6:33Initiative
15. Judge NotMatthew 7:1Discernment
16. Do Not Cast PearlsMatthew 7:6Discretion
17. Ask, Seek, and KnockMatthew 7:78Resourcefulness
18. Do Unto OthersMatthew 7:12Sensitivity
19. Choose the Narrow WayMatthew 7:1314Decisiveness
20. Beware of False ProphetsMatthew 7:15Alertness
21. Pray For LaborersMatthew 9:38Compassion
22. Be Wise as SerpentsMatthew 10:16Wisdom
23. Fear God, Not ManMatthew 10:26Boldness
24. Hear Gods VoiceMatthew 11:15Attentiveness
25. Take My YokeMatthew 11:29Obedience
26. Honor Your ParentsMatthew 15:4Honor/Reverence
27. Beware of LeavenMatthew 16:6Virtue
28. Deny YourselfLuke 9:23Determination
29. Despise Not Little OnesMatthew 18:10Tolerance
30. Go to OffendersMatthew 18:15Justice
31. Beware of CovetousnessLuke 12:15Contentment
32. Forgive OffendersMatthew 18:2122Forgiveness
33. Honor MarriageMatthew 19:6Loyalty
34. Be a ServantMatthew 20:2628Availability
35. Be a House of PrayerMatthew 21:13Persuasiveness
36. Ask in FaithMatthew 21:2122Patience
37. Bring in the PoorLuke 14:1214Hospitality
38. Render to CaesarMatthew 22:1921Gratefulness
39. Love the LordMatthew 22:3738Enthusiasm
40. Love Your NeighborMatthew 22:39Gentleness
41. Await My ReturnMatthew 24:4244Punctuality
42. Take, Eat, and DrinkMatthew 26:2627Thoroughness
43. Be Born AgainJohn 3:7Security
44. Keep My CommandmentsJohn 14:15Diligence
45. Watch and PrayMatthew 26:41Endurance
46. Feed My SheepJohn 21:1516Dependability
47. Baptize My DisciplesMatthew 28:19Cautiousness
48. Receive Gods PowerLuke 24:49Orderliness
49. Make DisciplesMatthew 28:20Flexibility
Rick gets another infamous name to fawn over and drop.
This pseudominister is turning out to be the James Lipton of the pseudoevangelical world.
Thank you for that - it took a lot of work, I’m sure. We used to live in southern CA and attended Saddleback Valley ONCE. ONCE was all we could take of any of the megachurches there. The rest were for the most part nondenominational and as bland as Pablum! We relocated to Duluth, GA a year ago and it’s like heaven to attend a small church (Independent Baptist) and a pastor who believes in preaching the Word of God..no fear of offending anyone here. If someone is offended, tough!
What a fraud Warren is turning out to be. Instead of confronting leaders who pursue and celebrate evil, he wants to dialogue and compromise with them.
Like that’s really going to change the sorry direction of this country...
Very well said. Most political issues/problems are behavioral problems. A spirit filled mind is much less likely to sin yet much more likely to be compassionate in word and deed. Thus, to try to detach religion from politics is wrong.
A religious revival would be the best thing ever for this country . . . and the world.
Is “Rick Warren” somebody?
The pimping of the church.....this should not be taking place. I am disgusted at Saddleback for turning a place of worship into a den of thieves.
Not a surprise.
When Katrina hit New Orleans and the surrounding area our church family worked with anyone we could to help the people in need. (Gasp)We even help build a children's park once.
You are not compromised as a minister or a Christian if you work with others to accomplish a material goal. Warren is not asking H. Clinton to share the plan of salvation.
Hillary the communist will be in cozy company.
GOD HAVE MERCY.
First CFR and now this?
who am I to judge, but has rick warrens lamp gone out? i try to think of the following verse on my own life.
21 Not everyone who says to Me, "Lord, Lord," shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 Many will say to Me in that day, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?"
23 And then I will declare to them, "I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness."
So satan walks into the church and says hey........
I don’t ask people about their religion. However if there were to be some oddball speaker at church on sunday who campaigns for abortion and homosexual rights then I would indeed have a concern and ask the pastor why is that person here.
Yeah, right...Nice try!
What possible solutions could a pro-homosexual, pro-abortion, liberal politician offer that could have a positive impact (other than throw more tax-payer monies at the issue)?
However, I do think that Saddleback will be a perfect campaign stop for Hillary.
Rich Warren has jumped the shark.
she is speaking to a group concerned about aids at his church, she is not preaching to anyone.
Are you a member of this church that she is going to speak at?
where’d you find that?
I think that should read: "Inviting politicians from different perspectives to the Summit is not a Christian decision -- it is a political and humanitarian action." He must put aside Christian beliefs to invite non-believers, liberal christians, Mormons and whatever else to speak at his church. As he states his reasons, it is to come together on the issue of AIDS (though there are important disagreements I would hope are not overlooked). Just because it is Christian to care about sick people, doesn't mean it is Christian to embrace any means and any representative.
no - and while I have read Rick Warren’s book, I also read many others.
So you are a fan of his. So no matter what sleazy person he drags in you will find a way to excuse it.
Can you cite an example from Scripture that demonstrates the methodology which you propose and support: A Christian working with unsaved person(s) in order to solve a social issue?
I think there is a responsibility of the church to not put someone at their podium to speak on any subject, if that person doesn’t believe what that church believes.
Rick Warren is CREEPY!! That GOATTEE is CREEPY!
And furthermore, the Church, and it's pastors, were not directed by Jesus Christ to be first-responders to the scene of an accident...They were directed to feed and protect the sheep and to go make disciples (teaching them to be obedient to Christ's commands).
Is Grassley looking into Rick Warren’s “church”?? Doubt it.
Rick Warren is a PHONY.....sorry.
I accused you of being ok with dragging sleazy people into the church. Ha ha good luck with turning that on me. I’m against it dear not for it.
::::sigh:::: I've been trying hard to give Warren the benefit of the doubt, but I think he's crossed the line.