Oh come on! If her asthma was that bad why was she working out where she knew smoke was sure to be? Also, if her asthma was that bad and she cared about it she’d have been taking preventative medications plus have her emergency inhaler.
Secondly, I want to know exactly what proof is presented that "second-hand smoke" caused this death. Did they find actual "second-hand smoke" in the lungs or lung tissue? How does one make the definitive diagnosis that "second hand smoke" has caused a death.
Last, but not least, why was this young lady putting herself in an enviornment like that if she were that sensitive to "second hand smoke"? This could not have been the first time that she had encountered it.
Sorry--but I just don't buy it.
Don’t know what this young lady’s story is exactly, but preventative meds don’t work for everyone. That’s why I’ve quit taking mine, for instance.
But I wouldn’t deliberately venture out without a rescue inhaler, that’s for sure. However, have you ever tried to take a puff from an inhaler when you can’t get a single molecule of air into your lungs? It’s the ultimate Catch 22, let me tell ‘ya. It’s conceivable to me that she felt her rescue inhaler was pretty damned useless as well, and therefore rarely carried it.
That said, I would never ban smoking in bars. It’s just a disability that I and others have to live with, and we should be cognizant of it at all times. In other words, don’t go bar hopping with the fish if you don’t have gills.
Inhalers and Epi pens don’t always save lives my friend, they are not 100% effective in saving someones life.
I agree. My sixteen-year old son has asthma and he would never work in a place where he would be exposed to cigarette smoke. It sounds like this young woman made a foolish choice.