Skip to comments.E-mail smear taxes Obama campaign
Posted on 02/29/2008 10:54:25 PM PST by Winged Hussar
COLUMBIA, S.C. For over a year, largely out of the media glare, Senator Barack Obama's presidential campaign has been fighting a determined, low-intensity conflict against the viral e-mail that forwards the myth that Obama is a crypto-Muslim Manchurian candidate.
...The e-mails arent a well-funded, faux-grassroots smear like the attacks on John Kerry's war record.
Instead, most observers believe, it's a largely organic expression of a dark place in the American consciousness. And the campaign is aware it is operating in a changed media landscape in which a powerful, false idea can spread deep into the American psyche, almost entirely under the radar of the mainstream media and with no authoritative broadcast voice to put it to rest.
(Excerpt) Read more at politico.com ...
Obama is not a Muslim and, even if he were, it would not disqualify him from office. The TRUTH about him is far more damaging.
(1) Obama is not a Muslim, he is a member of an arguably racist church whose pastor, Jeremiah Wright, said "white America" got a "wake up call" on 9/11, and other things.
(2) Obama misused his own church's 501(c)(3) tax exempt resources by giving a speech with substantial campaign-related content. This is a matter of record in the speech that is hosted at the United Church of Christ's own Web site. Spread the word that Obama abused tax-exempt resources to support his political campaign, and has apparently gotten his church into trouble with the IRS as a result (again per UCC's Web site). http://www.israpundit.com/2008/?p=343 for details.
(3) Obama refused to "reject" the support of the prominent racist, Catholic-hater, and anti-Semite Louis Farrakhan until Tim Russert and Hillary Clinton backed him into a corner.
(4) Obama endorsed and promoted Al Sharpton and his National Action Network, both of which have racist and anti-Semitic records. Just Google on "Freddy's Fashion Mart" and "Sharpton" for but one example.
(5) Obama solicited and obtained the endorsement of MoveOn.org, which also has a record of promoting anti-Semitism, hatred of Catholics, and 9/11 conspiracy theories.
Let's bring this phony smile on top of an empty suit down honorably and fairly, by circulating the truth about him through E-mails as described in the referenced article. When the Elephant crushes him in an electoral landslide, we can tell ourselves that we played a clean game and beat Obama, not with "smears" or "swiftboating," but with truth and honor.
Oh please. Obama's (and the Democrat Party's) unremitting exploitation of envy and hatred in the electorate comes from a far, far worse place.
Ha ha ha ha. Was that supposed to be funny?
If he's not then he's a reasonable facsimile of one. His proposed policies would have the same effect.
Hello, we would like to ask if you would mind participating in our opinion poll by answering a few brief questions.
1. Does it bother you that Obama is a muslim?
2. Are you impressed by Hillary Clinton’s grasp of this issues and intelect?
3. If you had to vote today, would you vote for an old angry man, a smooth talker with no public record or an experienced woman with 35 years of experience?
...and no one knows where this information is coming from.
H I L L A R Y
"My mother may have raised me as an athiest, but I'm now a devout Christian. What? You don't believe me....?"
His campaign is alot more worried about Larry Sinclair than this.
Please get Obama’s take on this:
“1. Does it bother you that Obama is a muslim?”
No, it bothers me that he is a Soros-backed fraud who promotes and endorses racists, anti-Semites, and Catholic-haters.
“2. Are you impressed by Hillary Clintons grasp of this issues and intelect?”
It impresses me about as much as Bill Clinton’s honesty and marital fidelity, and other nonexistent things.
“3. If you had to vote today, would you vote for an old angry man, a smooth talker with no public record or an experienced woman with 35 years of experience?”
I would vote for the one who was NOT Hillary Clinton (who also endorsed Sharpton) or Barack Obama.
In 24 business hours, John Kerry's war record will be unsealed so the public can finally take a look at his sterling accomplishments... What? It's true, I read it on TruthOut - didn't Fitzmas happen?
I remember when journalists reported facts, not opinions.
The refusal to admit the truth continues...
By the way, shortly before the “demise” of the Romney campaign, Andrew McCarthy joined with him. I was a Fred Thompson supporter, but I was glad to see Romney was paying attention with the addition of McCarthy.
McCain’s terminology in re: Islamic jihad is lacking, which leads me to believe that he is of the mind that Islam has been hijacked, rather than that something is intrinsically wrong with Islam itself. McCain may want to marginalize those of us who are questioning Islam, but consider the fact that Turkey is considering reform (at least as far as the hadiths). That would not have taken place if not for those of us who are putting pressure on Islam itself.
In that light, we are right in questioning Obama’s links - whether it is his brother Roy, or his cousin Odinga, etc.
>If he’s not then he’s a reasonable facsimile of one. His proposed policies would have the same effect.
Thank you. Beat me to it.
The whole Muslim world is itching to have this guy be president. I wonder why?????!!!!
Didn’t he fail the polygraph? Why would they care about him anymore?
What is wrong with hating Catholics?
I do not hate Catholics, and as a Protestant I take attacks on the Catholics as an attack on Christians.
Obama solicited and obtained the endorsement of MoveOn.org, which also has a record of promoting anti-Semitism, hatred of Catholics, and 9/11 conspiracy theories.
after all.....he is b. HUSSEIN!!!!!!!
You need to understand the meaning of so called "swiftboating" before you use it so carelessly. Those of us who were involved with bringing the truth to the American public take exception to your insinuation that it was a smear or dishonorable. You need to apologize!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.