Skip to comments.Obama's Speech: What did he know and when did he know it?
Posted on 03/18/2008 8:59:13 PM PDT by Nony
Did Senator Barack Obamas speech in Philadelphia convince people that he is still a viable candidate to be President of the United States, despite the adverse reactions to statements by his pastor, Jeremiah Wright?
The polls and the primaries will answer that question.
(Excerpt) Read more at primetimepolitics.com ...
If you read this speech and other Obama speeches, Obama has always adopted Rev. Wright’s anti-Capitalist, anti-military philosophy.
Well, what Obama knew is how whacked-out and factually incorrect this preacher man was - for the last 20 years - and what he did about it was — nothing. Now he got caught, and expects everyone to “move on, nothing to see here”....
As Sowell states, Obama is a con man. Plain and simple.
And I find myself very proud to state that I am completely free of “white guilt.”
“When these statements first came to my attention, it was at the beginning of my presidential campaign. I made it clear at the time that I strongly condemned his comments.”
Obama admits he knew about the video statements at the beginning of his campaign. Did Obama make or release a statement, and anyone have a link to it?
I would love to see an African American as POTUS. I would love to see a woman as POTUS. We need more estrogen and less testosterone in the oval office.
These two are leftist, America hating fools.
Agreed. I’d seriously consider voting for Thomas Sowell or even Larry Elder for president.
I think you’re right, Smooth. The front wheels are already over the edge!
Concur. Too bad Hillary wasn’t taken out first.
Like the Soviet show trials during their 1930s purges, Obamas speech was not supposed to convince critics but to reassure supporters and fellow-travelers, in order to keep the useful idiots useful.
“Some say that he was trying to earn credibility on the ghetto streets, to facilitate his work as a community activist or for his political career. We may never know why.”
Then why did he expose his children to this hate by sending them there? No parent would do that unless they agreed with the message.
That is exactly what it did too. It put the sheep back in the fold.
Bob Parks seems good too!
Effectually though, Obama is through.
The first three comments at the link are priceless. The denial of the reality of this situaion by the Left, and the strained attempts to make this a moral equivalence issue with Hagee et al, who isn’t McCain’s personal pastor of 20+ years, are exactly the sort of things we have come to expect.
“What did he know and when did he STOP knowing it” is perhaps a better question to ask.
That was the flaw in Rush's grand plan. I still think Obama will take the nomination, because Obama will be dealing the race card from the top of the deck, and Hillary has no way to counter it.
Yep...I hear Chrissy Matthews' leg is tingling again.
Here’s all any Conservative needs to know about Barrack Hussein Obama:
Special Interest Group Ratings:
Planned Parenthood - 100% Support
National Right To Life - 0% Support
NARAL - 100% Support
Americans for Tax Reform - 0% Support
ACLU - 83% Support
NEA - 100% Support
NOW Hags - 100% Support
Citizens Against Government Waste - 13% Support
Gun Owners of America - 0% Support
NRA - “F” Rating
Federation for American Immigration Reform - 0% Support
US Border Patrol - 8% Support
Unions - 82% - 100% Support
Population Connection - 100% Support (These are the ‘Zero Growth’ freaks)
[Barrack Hussein Obama’s record in the Illinois senate:]
- Opposed the Defense of Marriage Act; would work to repeal it in the U.S. Senate; would not vote for any legislation that would restrict the ability of gays and lesbians to marry.
- Opposed the Born Alive Infant Protection Act four times in Illinois. A similar bill passed the U.S. Senate 98-0. The Born Alive bill would have prohibited a baby from being born alive but left to die according to the mother’s wishes. Obama inexplicably opposed this bill not once, twice, or three times, but four times.
- Obama took almost $90,000 in bundled contributions from the Council for a Livable World. The council is a well-known anti-defense organization.
- Obama puts rigid ideology before what’s best for the people of Illinois, and presumably he would do that as President as well. He has on several occasions made public his opposition to the NAFTA trade agreement and his belief that it must be negotiated. All the while thanks to NAFTA, Illinois exports $1.3 billion in agricultural goods to Canada.
- Obama refused to vote for a bill in the Illinois State Senate that would have increased penalties for drug traffickers.
- Obama voted against a bill that would have delivered the death penalty to gang members who murder first responders.
- Finally, just in case you thought it couldn’t get any worse, Obama was the only member of the Illinois State Senate to vote against a bill that prohibited early release for sexual predators.
Cant kill the innocent fast enough, cant free the guilty soon enough!
Obama is either a complete idiot and incompetent, or coward and liar. Either way he's not fit for the presidency. Of course, we all knew that a long time ago.
MaggieM, very well—and clearly—put. In a sensible, sane world, MSM and even DemocRATS would be saying the same thing. What blinds the useful idiots, making them, as Sowell says, so very useful?
LOL :) Oh thank goodness. I've been worried about his Obama induced paraesthesia.
He was for it before he was against it.
Hillary’s such a coward. She’s hoping to ride in after the right does all the work for her.
Well said and my personal opinion is that it’s the latter.
Obama chose to be an “angry black man” despite the fact that his grandparents sacrified to give him the best of everything, including private school and an Ivy League education. He is just a self-absorbed whiner.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.