Skip to comments.NOW BUNKO HILL IS UNDER FIRE INSULTED MILITARY BLASTS HER SERIAL 'SNIPER' LIES
Posted on 03/26/2008 6:23:12 AM PDT by COUNTrecount
March 26, 2008 --
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton's lies about risking her life under sniper fire during a visit to Bosnia as first lady have infuriated the US military brass and troops.
"She has no sense of what a statement like that does to soldiers," fumed retired Maj. Gen. Walter Stewart, the former head of the Pennsylvania National Guard.
"She is insulting the command in its entirety," he said yesterday.
VOTE: Has Hillary's credibility been "shot to pieces?"
Clinton came under fire after saying she "misspoke" about what happened during the trip and claimed it was the first time she erred in describing her visit - an assertion Barack Obama's campaign quickly disproved by finding at least three prior occasions over the last few months where she's claimed there was sniper fire.
Stewart, who was assigned to the Army's European headquarters at the time of Clinton's visit in 1996, called her statements "really astonishing."
"Believe me, heads would have rolled all over" if the military put the then-first lady at "unacceptable risk," added Stewart, who is supporting Barack Obama.
Air Force Lt. Gen. Buster Glosson, a John McCain supporter who ran the air attack in the first Gulf War, said, "It bothers me any time anyone running for the highest office in the land fabricates a story.
"That should bother any American, whether you're military or nonmilitary."
(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...
Well, we all acknowlege Hill plays fast and loose with the truth, if she still can recognize truth...
That shoots retired Maj. Gen. Walter Stewart's credibility all to hell.
(in an imaginary, hypothetical, make-believe kind of way)
“... as a black man could be shot just putting gas in his car...”
Sure, if he’s stealing it.
But perhaps not Col. Hunt’s. In fact, other military present at that event have said the exact same thing, so you might be a bit off-base.
Hillary 12 years later "Ain't no ways tired."
Chelsea, 12 years later says her Mommy got confused because on their trip over to Bosnia they were watching re-runs of a televison show that would first air some 5 years later.
Meanwhile, back at Mendacity Manor, Lord William the Prevaricator attempts to bolster their stained relationship.
There are several threads on this already, but for some reason I dont mind repeating myself on this one.
1. Did the Witch not realize that had she actually been shot at, that would have been news all over the world instantly?
2. Does the Witch have so little experience with just the world in general that she does not realize that, had she actually been shot at by snipers, there is NO WAY that she just would have continued on with her visit as though nothing had happend?
3. Is the Witch so stupid as to not know that had she actually been shot at by snipers, even with her clown of a husband as Prez, there would have been some sort of official U.S. action, possibly even military action against the perps?
4. Does the Witch not have a clue that, even if she had been shot at by snipers, that in no way, shape or form confers any type of expertise-much less foreign policy expertise-upon her, the victim?
5. Is the Witch so ignorant that she does not know that the attempted assasination of the First Lady of the United States would be considered a highly belligerant act that would have caused tremendous repercussions in Europe and at the United Nations?
6. Has the Witch any inkling at all that any sniper attempt on her life would have been an act of gross terrorism that would have been added to the other acts of gross terrorism that occurred during her husbands tenure, and which were ignored or misunderstood to our countrys detriment? And thus this incident (had it occurred) once again would have been part of that discussion after 9/11? Probably even important enough to be depicted in the film Road to 9/11?
7. Does the Witch not realize that this is the 21st century and that NO ONEnot even the pathological Toons-can get away with these blatant lies any more? Has she not heard of the internet, that thing that Al Gore invented?
WHAT A DOPE.
If this guy is supporting Obama, then he wants to get rid of our nukes.
I saw that segment, too, and it made me remember why I so seldom watch O’R. He kept saying he couldn’t understand why this would insult military—I was just stunned. Lanny was his usual sneering, ugly self. From him, I expect no better; in fact, I’d be surprised if he’d have done an even remotely right thing. But O’R—he needs to get a clue.
I saw that exchange. I think O’Reilly is a closet Hillary supporter. Lackey Davis was all over cable spinning for Hillary. He really looked pathetic.
There was sniper fire, Hillary was just confused as to the location. She was really landing in Philly.
ROFL!! I like it!!
Col. Hunt....”there was not even a hiccup that day in the Balkins”.
Lanny Davis was a lying, disgusting slime ball as always.
has this stupid wretch of a woman ever watched the JFK “Grassy Knoll” assassination video? That is what things look like when there are bullets flying around. I was just remarking to my wife last night about how people who have been shot at
DO NOT FORGET WHERE AND WHEN they were shot at. I find it amazing how stupid people are who want to vote for this broad.
And then, “I’m human.” Boo hoo.
Here come the water works.
Does this manipulative nonsense ever end?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.