Skip to comments.We are Losing Our Country...Can We Save It?
Posted on 04/02/2008 6:41:16 AM PDT by K-oneTexas
|We are Losing Our Country...Can We Save It?|
|by Chris North
April 2, 2008
We are losing our country. This surely comes as no surprise to any number of conservative writers and others who may have come to the conclusion that our country is being stolen from us.
It seems, though, that a majority of Americans fail to grasp the fact that we are in a fight to the finish for our very existence. Else why do so many of our fellow citizens fail to exercise their right to vote and take so little interest in what our elected officials are doing or not doing in our behalf?
The danger to our country comes from two factions a mass illegal immigration (read invasion) by illegal aliens mostly from Mexico and then there is radical Islam or Islamofascism. This article addresses the threat from Mexico and the cost of mass illegal immigration to the American taxpayers. (Readers may receive considerable information on the very real threat from radical Islam from editorials and articles in The New Media Journal or by connecting with Basics Project).
I have seen most of the following data and cost factors in various publications and on the Internet. But until I saw these factors consolidated I did not fully grasp the drastic impact on our country that they portrayed. The factors are presented here for consideration and assessment. URLs are included for validation of the facts presented.
1) $11 billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare and social services to illegal aliens each year. (Courtesy of the American taxpayer. There is an apparent conflict between this source and the source at Item # 8 in the total cost shown. An average of the two figures involved gives a total of $56 billion for this item. In crunching figures for total cost for illegal alien immigrants, it is probably best to use the $56 billion figure for this item.)
2) 2.2 billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.
3) $2.5 billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid and emergency medical care for illegal aliens. (Our emergency rooms are being inundated by illegal aliens on a daily basis and can no longer adequately care for American citizens those who pay the bill for ER services. This problem grows rapidly each day.)
4) $12 billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English. (The trend seems to be toward compelling their American classmates to learn Spanish. This is outrageous!)
5) $17 billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies. (We need to re-look the 14th Amendment to our Constitution. It may only need redefining but might need revision.)
6) $3 million dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens. (This statistic was developed over a year ago and is growing rapidly.)
7) 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.
8) $90 billion dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare and Social Services. (There is an apparent conflict between this source and the source at Item #1. I have taken an average of the two figures to arrive at the total cost t to the American taxpayer.)
9) The illegal aliens cause $200 billion dollars a year in suppressed American wages. (To say illegal immigrants do jobs American workers wont do is ludicrous. Pay American workers at least the minimum wage and they will take the jobs. Paying workers illegals or American below minimum wage is breaking the law).
10) Illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate thats two-and-a-half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In particular, their children are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US. (Remember that, in almost every case, illegal alien criminals are defended by a Public Defender - a court appointed lawyer paid for by the American taxpayer.)
11) During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border along with as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from terrorist countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroin and marijuana, crossed into the US from the Southern border. (The cost to the American taxpayer in coping with illegal drugs coming from Mexico cannot be easily arrived at and are, indeed, almost incalculable. Building the state-of-the-art security fence, already budgeted, would curtail the lions share of this drug traffic. If for no other reason than that the fence must be built.)
12) The National Policy Institute estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 billion and $230 billion or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period. (The concept of mass deportation may seem laughable at first but is a very real and viable option as I pointed out in an article in the New Media Journal July 28, 2007.)
13) In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 billion in remittances back to their countries of origin. (This may be good for the Mexican economy but does nothing for the American economy. That money was lost to the US economy so is included in the total cost to the US)
14) The Dark Side of illegal immigration: Nearly one million sex crimes committed by illegal immigrants in the United States. (There is no viable means of computing the total monetary cost to the American taxpayer for coping with these crimes but the cost alone in medical, rehab and legal fees is surely staggering. The cost in terms of human suffering by victims is not addressed here.)
Snopes is provided for those who wish to verify a particular item.
If this doesnt bother you can it be that you don't really care what happens to our country or what losing it will mean to our children and grand children? On the other hand, if it does cause you serious concern, share this information with your friends and ask them to do the same.
Form your own political action group with the stated purpose of pressuring your elected representatives to accomplish the following actions if they want to remain in office. Do this on your own if necessary but preferably with a neighborhood political action group. Tell your elected officials and as many other lawmakers as possible that they must:
▪ Seal the border with Mexico before even attempting to pass any more legislation dealing with illegal alien immigrants. They must do this NOW.
This will mean utilization of the National Guard and Army Reserve Forces, increasing Immigration Control Enforcement (ICE) and Border Patrol personnel strengths and use of Active Military Forces as may be required. (Nothing in our Constitution prohibits the use of our Active Military Forces for defending our country while they are stationed in our country. Quite to the contrary that is exactly what they were organized to do starting with the birth of our nation.) We want the fence built NOW. No more delays or excuses. Use the Army Corps of Engineers to oversee accomplishment of the task of building the fence.
▪ Revise the 14th Amendment of our Constitution, if necessary, to close the apparent loophole that allows babies born to illegal immigrants while they are in the U.S. to automatically receive American citizenship. This must be done NOW. No more automatic citizenship for anchor babies. Every day delayed hurts our country and saps its resources further. No more American tax dollars for illegal alien babies.
▪ Immediately, start deporting all illegal alien immigrants that have been in the U.S. less than five years. Screen all remaining illegals for those who have committed a felony (i.e., have a criminal record) or found running drugs and/or selling drugs. These should be deported immediately after being informed that if they return to this country and are apprehended, they will be incarcerated for five years without hope of parole. Deport all illegals, now incarcerated and serving time, immediately after completion of their sentence.
▪ Enforce laws precluding businesses, large and small, from hiring an illegal alien immigrant. First offense should be a warning posted publicly, broadcasted and carry a notice that a second offense will bring a massive fine sufficient to significantly impact on the business operations of the firm(s) concerned. Third offense would bring heavy fines, possible closure of the business and possible jail sentences for those who continued to hire illegal alien immigrants.
▪ Issue national authority, mandated by federal law, for all city, county and state police to arrest, detain and report to ICE any and all illegal aliens encountered.
▪ All remaining illegals must be documented and told that if they wish to remain in this country, they must apply for citizenship and wait their turn behind those immigrants who have already applied for citizenship. They will be told there will be no amnesty for anyone. They will not be eligible for Social Security until they attain citizenship. They will not receive reduced tuition fees for college education and will not be eligible for welfare until they receive a Green Card. They will be told that they must learn to speak English as a prerequisite for attaining citizenship. They will be told that if they are convicted of a crime they will be deported.
The foregoing calls for some stern tough decisions. These are stern, tough times we live in. Time is running out on us. Two years from now will probably be too late. We must act now with alacrity and ironbound determination. The practice of sitting on our duffs and Let George do it wont save us now. If we are to save our country for our children, grand children and ourselves, for what is left of the rest of our lives on this earth we must act NOW.
We must initiate and conduct an ongoing assault on our lawmakers at every level by phone, e-mail, fax messages, snail mail and personal visits.
We must continue the assault until our demands are met. This is a major election year. That is in our favor. If we act soon enough, we just might be able to save our country.
I have no problem with this. I wish more (democrats) would refrain from voting.
Don’t worry. When my generation takes over all this stuff will be reversed. We’re only waiting until the hippies retire and after seizing control we’ll rebuild this country, step by bitter step. It’s only a matter of waiting it out and contrary as to how we are represented and described, we care more about this country and its values than most realize.
Why the five years limitation? Either we believe in the rule of law or we don't.
Sure, keep dreaming. Until and unless your generation takes back the schools and news media very soon, there will not be any productive citizens to populate your country.
How do you know we are losing it, and this isn’t just the way things are supposed to happen?
I’ve been hearing this my entire life and I suppose I’ll still be hearing it the day I die.
Here's an idea which could restore a measure of solvency to social security and shink government gradually at the same time. Heck, I'd even volunteer to be a senior bureaucrat under this plan and help undermine some of the aging hippie overlords.
But, not by relying upon the two corrupt parties.
That comment makes no sense whatsoever.
You’ve got to revoke Al Gore’s telecommunications act of 1996 first, or the brainwashing of the American people into accepting the destruction of their culture will never stop.
Please explain why it may not just be the way God intends it to be.
Dream on... Life as I knew it in the US turned downward about the time pervert Clinton became president.
It has since been a downward spiral.
I sold off everything in 2002 and adjusted my life so I can live anywhere.
At this point I can not even conceive of living in the US.
Here I live as well or better then ever, without a car, without a credit card, and without a house.
I am now over 60, so child rearing and other responsibilities are behind me.
Sad to say, I do not see the good times ever returning in the US. I just see it getting MUCH worse.
Once a sufficient critical mass of citizens is achieved (you've see the same reports as I of massive inter-state migration), then the history of manifest destiny will merely be replayed as territory is reconquered.
No one ever learns from history - it simply isn't in our DNA. We must repeat the same steps & processes of our fore-fathers over & over again to achieve the same damn result.
I applaud your enthusiasm and love of country and it's a ray of hope to read it, but...
Once we decided that America was a “proposition” nation which could be multicultural and still be “America”, we were doomed. America was an extension of European civilization. Our Founders took ideas of liberty, rights, and the rule of law that had been germinating in England for a long time, and because of our geographic isolation from the crown, put them into effect. The idea that our nation can fill up with people from alien cultures to the point that they are the majority, and America will continue as the great experiment in liberty that it was, is a fatal error.
A small number of people from other cultures adds some spice to society and they can be assimilated. Mass immigration from alien lands not only cannot be assimilated, but will eventually subvert the founding culture.
Extrapolated out, your line of argument denies that there is evil in the world, and that good or bad, everything is a part of God’s plan. But even God acknowledges there is evil in the world not of his doing and that our charge is to strive against it. Is Illegal Immigration evil? I will leave that to the experts. What I know is this: To come into a host country illegally, against the MAJORITY of American’s wishes, violates my sense of right and wrong, and therefore I will strive against it as I see it as unjust.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.