Skip to comments.MY 'RACIAL HARASSMENT' NIGHTMARE
Posted on 05/09/2008 11:19:11 AM PDT by lowbridge
IN November, I was found guilty of "racial harassment" for reading a public-li brary book on a university campus.
The book was Todd Tucker's "Notre Dame vs. the Klan: How the Fighting Irish Defeated the Ku Klux Klan I was reading it on break from my campus job as a janitor. The same book is in the university library.
Tucker recounts events of 1924, when the loathsome Klan was a dominant force in Indiana - until it went to South Bend to taunt the Irish Catholic students at the University of Notre Dame.
When the KKK tried to rally, the students confronted them. They stole Klan robes and destroyed their crosses, driving the KKK out of town in a downpour.
I read the historic encounter and imagined myself with these brave Irish Catholics, as they street-fought the Klan. (I'm part-Irish, and was raised Catholic.)
But that didn't stop the Affirmative Action Office of Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis from branding me as a detestable Klansman.
They didn't want to hear the truth. The office ruled that my "repeatedly reading the book . . . constitutes racial harassment in that you demonstrated disdain and insensitivity to your co-workers."
A friend reacted to the finding with, "That's impossible!" He's right. You can't commit racial harassment by reading an anti-Klan history.
(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...
It’s coming as sure as the dawn. We will no longer be able to have “black thoughts” are to be in a “black mood”. Zamboni’s will no longer smooth the ice (too close to Sambo-ni.) The name racoon will only be allowed to be shortened to “rac”. However, “masked mongoose” will be pushed as the PC replacement for “racoon”. The word “jig” may solely referred to as the “J Word”, as in “Irish J Word” and the “J Word is up”. Using unexcuseable words incapable of other usage such as “Raghead”, “Rughead”, “Beaner”, “Spook” (except on the “Autumn Festival of Costumes”), “Camel Jock” and “Wetback” will be considered among the most vile of crimes against persons, and will be punishable by life without parole. This will be a comparatively benign punishment because all African-American, Latin-American and Muslim-American prisoners will have been declared to be political prisoners and pardoned forthwith. On the minus side, however, the Nautilus Equipment, violent and pornograhic videos, big screen TV’s and unlimited use of the internet will no longer be deemed entitlements and recreation will once again be confined to turning big rocks into little ones.
As for books, a great many will have to be confiscated and burned. Alas, one will surely be a favorite of my youth. Hope’s “The Prisoner of Zenda” will have to go. The villain is called “Black Michael” when he is clearly Caucasian.
A Chicago two-bit politician and rabble-rouser, eh?
Well, the good news is that in this great country of ours, the voters have the intelligence and wherewithal to see right through cheap hustlers, Marxists and race baiters. So he’ll never get beyond local Chicago politics, will he?
Yep, it’s quite a relief. Otherwise, I’d be 5h1++ing my pants.
* The Indiana legislature refused to enact Daylight Savings time because they said the extra hour of sunlight each day would confuse the cows.
* The Indiana legislature enacted a law making "pi" stop at 3.1 on the grounds that calculating any further decimal places of pi would would be an undue hardship on students and would also undermine parental authority when children asking for help with their homework would discover that their parents were incapable of calculating pi. The eventualy decreed that pi should just be "3."
* 78 fercent of Indianans think that Columbus was trying to find a Westernpassage to Indiana.
* 84% of Indianans think that the sun revolves around the earth and that the Big Bang Theory is just a bunch of smart-aleck fancy city folk trying to be smarter than God.
* And worst of all, 7% of Indianans still think Bobby Knight is a good man.