Skip to comments.The President Has Kept Us Safe
Posted on 05/30/2008 11:18:55 PM PDT by FocusNexus
click here to read article
The Lord has kept us safe through many who have done so much on earth including President Bush and soldiers like my son and others whose hard work and sacrifice we’ll never know.
Yes but other than that what has he done!
This reply has been given the Seal Of Approval
American Sarcastic Society
Beyond the fact that Clinton wasn't president in 1992 and the first WTC attack occurred in 1993, I hope you are being sarcastic rather than misinformed or mischievous. Here are the major terrorist attacks 1993-2000. (For another excellent article on the subject, go to http://www.nypost.com/seven/05302008/postopinion/opedcolumnists/w_vs__terror__somethings_working_113136.htm.)
Feb. 26, New York City: bomb exploded in basement garage of World Trade Center, killing 6 and injuring at least 1,040 others. In 1995, militant Islamist Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman and 9 others were convicted of conspiracy charges, and in 1998, Ramzi Yousef, believed to have been the mastermind, was convicted of the bombing. Al-Qaeda involvement is suspected.
April 19, Oklahoma City: car bomb exploded outside federal office building, collapsing wall and floors. 168 people were killed, including 19 children and 1 person who died in rescue effort. Over 220 buildings sustained damage. Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols later convicted in the antigovernment plot to avenge the Branch Davidian standoff in Waco, Tex., exactly 2 years earlier. (See Miscellaneous Disasters.)
Nov. 13, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: car bomb exploded at U.S. military headquarters, killing 5 U.S. military servicemen.
June 25, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia: truck bomb exploded outside Khobar Towers military complex, killing 19 American servicemen and injuring hundreds of others. 13 Saudis and a Lebanese, all alleged members of Islamic militant group Hezbollah, were indicted on charges relating to the attack in June 2001.
Aug. 7, Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania: truck bombs exploded almost simultaneously near 2 U.S. embassies, killing 224 (213 in Kenya and 11 in Tanzania) and injuring about 4,500. 4 men connected with al-Qaeda 2 of whom had received training at al-Qaeda camps inside Afghanistan, were convicted of the killings in May 2001 and later sentenced to life in prison. A federal grand jury had indicted 22 men in connection with the attacks, including Saudi dissident Osama bin Laden, who remained at large.
Oct. 12, Aden, Yemen: U.S. Navy destroyer USS Cole heavily damaged when a small boat loaded with explosives blew up alongside it. 17 sailors killed. Linked to Osama bin Laden, or members of al-Qaeda terrorist network.
Conclusion: Intelligence counts.
Common liberal RAT response to “We haven’t suffered any further terrorist attacks”:
“There is no terrorist threat.”
These guys have an excuse for everything, so trying to convince them Bush did anything good is a waste of time.
/channeling DU & MSM rant
Someone had to say it...
plus we will never know how many attacks have been stopped outright thru direct action and thus are SAFER because of GWB.
either way he has made us safer...
Just off the top of my head I can count at least 9 times American interests overseas have been attacked since 911.
June 14, Karachi, Pakistan: bomb exploded outside American consulate in Karachi, Pakistan, killing 12. Linked to al-Qaeda.
May 12, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: suicide bombers killed 34, including 8 Americans, at housing compounds for Westerners. Al-Qaeda suspected.
May 2931, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: terrorists attack the offices of a Saudi oil company in Khobar, Saudi Arabia, take foreign oil workers hostage in a nearby residential compound, leaving 22 people dead including one American.
June 1119, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: terrorists kidnap and execute Paul Johnson Jr., an American, in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. 2 other Americans and BBC cameraman killed by gun attacks.
Dec. 6, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia: terrorists storm the U.S. consulate, killing 5 consulate employees. 4 terrorists were killed by Saudi security.
Nov. 9, Amman, Jordan: Suicide bombers hit 3 American hotels, Radisson, Grand Hyatt, and Days Inn, in Amman, Jordan, killing 57. Al-Qaeda claimed responsibility.
Sept. 13, Damascus, Syria: an attack by four gunman on the American embassy was foiled.
Jan. 12, Athens, Greece: the U.S. embassy was fired on by an anti-tank missile causing damage but no injuries.
Part of coalition (Russia, Israel, EU, Palestine, USA) for Israeli/Palestinian "Roadmap to Peace"
He's made the world safer for sure!
1) During the Bush Administration Libya gives up its nuclear weapons program.
2) During the Bush Administration the black market from Pakistan led by A.Q.Kahn for nuclear weapons technology is broken up.
3) During the Bush Administration North Korea begins dismantling their plutonium enrichment reactors.
4) During the Bush Administration Israel and the U.S.A. destroy Syria's nuclear weapons enrichment reactors.
5) During the Bush Administration, Saddam Hussein who said quite clearly while in jail awaiting his trial that he would have had the U.N. sanctions broken and be in full production of WMDs within a year. That would be the years 2004 - 2005 approximately that Saddam would have been re-armed with WMDs. It now goes without saying the obvious that Saddam will not be getting nuclear weapons anytime soon. Nor will he be directly funding and training the terror group 'Islamic Jihad' which is al-Qaeda and whom blew up two U.S. embassies. (see the recent: Iraqi Perspectives Project).
6) During the Bush Administration the U.S.A. has nuclear weapon ambitious Iran pinned in on both sides from Afghanistan and Iraq which is pure strategic genius.
Under Clinton the countries Pakistan and India successfully test nuclear weapons and North Korea begins plutonium enrichment .
* Depriving al Qaeda of its training grounds in Afghanistan impaired the effectiveness of that organization.
* Waterboarding three top al Qaeda leaders may have given us the information we needed to head off plots and to disable three-quarters of al Qaeda’s leadership.
* The National Security Agency's eavesdropping on international terrorist communications may have allowed us to penetrate cells in America and to identify terrorists overseas.
* Al Qaeda’s designation of Iraq as the central front in its war against the West may have distracted terrorists from attacks on the United States.
* The gathering of al Qaeda loyalists in Iraq, where they've been decimated by US and Iraqi troops, may have crippled their ability to launch attacks elsewhere.
* Al Qaeda’s brutal conduct in Iraq may have destroyed its credibility in the Islamic world.
* The Bush administration's diplomacy may have convinced other nations to take stronger actions against terrorist groups.
* Our intelligence agencies may have gotten their act together after decades of failure.
The Department of Homeland Security may not be useless, after all.
One can debate the relative importance of these and other factors. But based on the historical record, the Bush administration obviously has done something since 2001 to dramatically improve our security against terrorism. To fail to recognize this is to sow the seeds of greatly increased susceptibility to terrorist attacks in the next administration.
-- John Hinderaker, powerlineblog.com
Bump, lest we forget.
Yall took my post wrong. It was meant as a we need to be careful who we vote to replace him kind of thing.
Southack, Thank you for Posting this! I had been Wishing to See a List of his Conservative Record; God Bless you!
You asked me “where did that come from?”
Speaking of my reply to YOUR post, and in my reply I wrote “I am not dumb, and you know it”.
Here’s what YOU wrote in post number 27:
(Doughty One’s own words)
***His [Bush’s] little minions scurry around with an extra pair of clothes for the emporer at all times. It makes them happy, even if dumb and happy.***
You need to take a look at some of your own writings. Your blue lining your own and making everyone else’s pale doesn’t make a hill of beans difference, but you must think it elevates your points, otherwise, why do it. The content was accusing those who have some kind words for President Bush - even while disagreeing with some of his policies or statements - of being his minions who pretend he has clothes when he has none, and of being “dumb and happy”.
You know I’m not dumb. Otherwise, you wouldn’t be bothering with me. Hence, I wrote “I’m not dumb, and you know it”.
Then, you didn’t even realize - or appeared not to - that I had any reason for writing that.
The reason I had came from what YOU had just written.
Bingo. I think history will confirm this. It may take a few years, though, to alter people's perspective, just as it had with Reagan.
My big worry, though, is after Bush leaves. Especially if BO tries to fill his very big shoes. We will be in deep trouble.
We Freepers have been there for a Freedom-loving President BUSH right from the very beginning:
Many come out to show war support across land
Just got to read this. I copied it and saved it my drafts folder so I can e-mail this partial list of accomplishments to any liberal who pisses me off.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.