Skip to comments.Post-Rules Committee, Clinton Camp Argues the Popular Vote
Posted on 06/01/2008 4:57:25 PM PDT by Dawnsblood
Read the full list of talking points below.
THE RULES AND BYLAWS COMMITTEE DECISION
* Yesterdays results are a victory for the people of Florida who will have a voice in selecting our Partys nominee and will see its delegates seated at our partys convention. The decision by the Rules and Bylaws Committee honors the votes that were cast by the people of Florida and allocates the delegates accordingly.
* We strongly object to the Committees decision to undercut its own rules in seating Michigans delegates-the decision does not reflect the votes of the people of Michigan.
* The Committee awarded to Senator Obama not only the delegates won by Uncommitted, but four of the delegates won by Senator Clinton. This decision violates the bedrock principles of our democracy and our Party.
* We reserve the right to challenge this decision before the Credentials Committee and appeal for a fair allocation of Michigans delegates that actually reflect the votes as they were cast.
* Todays decision also reaffirms Hillarys lead in the popular vote. She has earned more votes than anyone in the history of the Democratic primaries-more than 17 million. And when the primaries conclude on Tuesday, Hillary will maintain her popular vote advantage.
* In the coming days, superdelegates will have a clear choice: who is ready to serve as President on day one and who is best able to beat John McCain in November? When you look at her wins in the important swing states and her strength against Sen. McCain in head-to-head matchups, theres no question that Hillary is the strongest candidate.
* Regardless of the outcome, our Party will unify behind the nominee and do everything in our power to elect them the next President of the United States.
(Excerpt) Read more at embeds.blogs.foxnews.com ...
They are persuasive talking points but they may not matter. The fix is in for Osama and they are willing to forego the presidency to not fracture the party by alienating the black vote.
Chant it loud, chant it proud....
SELECTED NOT ELECTED
SELECTED NOT ELECTED
Less awkward than "him/her" or a reference to Billary?
Forget Operation Chaos. It’s now becoming Operation Entertainment Value. This is like a baseball team losing a game 4-2, but protesting to the league office that they should be declared the winner because they had more hits, more home runs and fewer errors than the other team.
If only Hillary had as much patriotism as she has personal ambition, she might be a decent person.
Yeah! And they serve popcorn at baseball games!
So are the MSM
The Clintons spin and spread lies, half-truths, and innuendo too much. If they had put half as much energy into explaining and promoting what they think of as their agenda for the middle class, things may have turned out differently in this campaign for them. Average voters tend to tune out all these process arguments (i.e. if you take the delegates won in primaries vs. caucuses, elected delegates vs. super delegates). Average voters care about issues and candidates and personalities, but do not really care about the processes of the Democratic party. Yet so much of the Clintons complaining has been about how all these rules have been unfair to her.
And this is the same Hillary who said that if you can’t stand the heat stay out of the kitchen. And she said she’s very comfortable in the kitchen. How does that reconcile with her team constantly complaining that this aspect or that aspect of the process isn’t fair????
You’re looking for consistency or principle in krinton dealings?
If killing were part of the recipe for power, she’d do it with her bare hands - that’s all one needs to know.
I saw Rachel Maddow on a talk show and she said hilllleree does NOT have the pop vote because they haven’t even counted the states where Obama won the pop vote. Did anyone else see or hear this today? I THINK it was on Chris Matthews this morning...the one with Pat Buchanan and Nora O’Donnell.
It is mostly a dispute over the caucus States. Only a 10-20 thousand show up there and no one knows how to count them. Do they split according to their actual numbers or try to weight them according to population?
What in the world is her rationale then for going around saying she has the most votes? I think at this point she is quite dillusional and is grasping at straws that are just not there. Pitiful in a way. Not that I care because she is not, never has been and never will be the kind of President who deserves to represent our great country but...it’s almost like an “I’m ready for my close up Mr.DeMille” moment. Tragic but...reality. Thanks for that info. I think that is exactly what Rachele was talking about. I think her campaign staff or those who have the biggest clout are enabling her into something that will never be.
Ya got me. :) Like I said she is grasping for straws and gasping for air.