The yellowcake is not at all a surprise nor confirmation of a WMD program. It has, in fact, been well known the whole time.
But these other devices mentioned are something I’d like to hear about in more detail.
Containment of Iraq was failing more each day.
1. The oil-for-food program was corrupt
2. The weapons inspections were a farce
3. There are indications that Saddam was co-operating with Qadhafi on programs to develop weapons in Libya
4. US and allied planes were targeted
5. Uninspected flights to Baghdad gutted the sanctions
6. Terrorists were training in Iraq
7. Saddam supported terrorism - paying $25,000 to each family of a suicide bomber and $10,000 to the families of other Palestinians killed in the intifadah.
8. Saddam created the Jerusalem Army [the Jaysh al-Quds] to "liberate" Jerusalem
9. Saddam refused to destroy his Samoud 2 missiles which violated the UN mandate
10. Saddam brutalized our fellow human beings
Saddam was thumbing his nose at decent people as he rewarded his collaborators.
Analysis: Saddam steps up defiance, 1 December, 2000, By BBC Middle East analyst Roger Hardy