Skip to comments.Ted Nugent: Bambi rights vs. BBQ; what kind of candidate are you?
Posted on 07/13/2008 9:33:37 AM PDT by McLynnan
By Ted Nugent, Texas Wildman
Sunday, July 13, 2008
I have a few questions for those running for president and expect some answers.
After all, the winner will be my employee, serving "we the people," pledging an oath to the U.S. Constitution.
* America is $9 trillion in debt. Does this concern you, and if it does, what would you specifically do to work toward eliminating this debt and shave the flagrant waste and corruption of out-of-control bureaucracies?
* Do you think too many Americans receive a paycheck, one way or another, from the government?
* Do you believe the average American is taxed too much, not enough or just about right?
n Name three specific agencies or departments of the federal government you believe could either be drastically reduced or eliminated.
Now name five more.
* Should people who obviously don't care about their health, based on irresponsible lifestyle choices, be included in a nationalized health care program?
* Approval ratings show that Americans are disgusted with politicians. That means you, regardless of political party. Why do you believe this is? What are you going to do about it?
* If "None of the above" were listed on the ballot for president, do you believe "None of the above" would win? Do you know why?
* Would you support changing tax day (April 15th) to the Monday before the first Tuesday in November (the latter being Election Day)?
* As commander in chief, if you could personally shoot Osama bin Laden, would you? What caliber of weapon? Where would you aim?
* Is defending our culture worth going to war?
* Should convicted pedophiles be executed?
* There are scientists who believe global warming is much ado about nothing, pure bunk. Do you think these scientists could be right?
* Do you believe gun control is effective at stopping or reducing crime? Can you share some evidence to support your answer?
* Do you own a gun? Do you trust me carrying a gun? If our taxes didn't provide you with unlimited armed security, would you carry your own gun?
* Do you believe that animals have rights? What is your favorite barbecue recipe?
* Do you believe that the answer to a better education system is to spend more money and make children take more tests?
* Why do you believe that the history of war and the study of the U.S. Constitution are basically ignored in our schools, as well as taxes and the Internal Revenue Service?
* Do you like rock 'n roll music? What are some of your favorite songs?
* One-third of Americans shop at Wal-Mart each week. Over 80 percent of Americans have shopped at a Wal-Mart in the last year. When was the last time you shopped at Wal-Mart?
* As president, if you knew a terrorist group was planning on setting off a biological, chemical or nuclear weapon in New York within 24 hours and one of the terrorists was in custody, and if the only way to get information about the bomb's location was to torture the one in custody, would you authorize torturing the individual?
* If you came home and saw a stranger eating your food at your kitchen table, would you call the police and have the individual arrested for illegally entering your home?
Candidates, I await your replies.
Ted Nugent is a Waco-based musician and television show host. Contact him directly at tednugent.com.
everyone knows its adavantageous to repay debts with inflated dollars.
Ted for president.
Now name five more.
1.2 Department of Agriculture
1.5 Department of Education
1.6 Department of Energy
1.7 Department of Health and Human Services
1.8 Department of Homeland Security
1.12 Department of Labor
1.14 Department of Transportation
“Would you support changing tax day (April 15th) to the Monday before the first Tuesday in November (the latter being Election Day)?”
....I would really like to see this happen
I’ll second that motion!
Some people might take these as joke questions but they're not. They are funny but I think they're dead-on serious. An answer to the first question above is all I would need to know to decide whether the individual was fit to be President. The other two questions clarify how fit.
My answers would be...
I'm betting both candidates would answer "no" to the first question.
“* As commander in chief, if you could personally shoot Osama bin Laden, would you? What caliber of weapon? Where would you aim? “
Teddy falls into the "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could" category.
I believe there is a place for all of God's creatures.... usually right next to the potatoes and covered in gravy.
You’re fit for the job. Sort of a Ulysses S. Grant type I’d say. ;^)
First one I’d nail is the ATF.
Me too. All the one I nailed have no reason for existing. Bush's DHS should have been rolled into the FBI with an FBI task force working with the CIA.
# 1 - A T F
# 2 - Homeland Security
# 3 - Department of Labor
# 4 - Department of education
# 5 - Department of Agriculture “ scale back some programs”
Shooting is too good for the s.o.b. and a waste of a perfectly good bullet. Besides, I'd have to clean the weapon afterward.
What's wrong with a short rope, a tall tree and a horse? Wouldn't you get more satisfaction watching him dance the Tyburn Jig?
Korean Kalbi (Beef ribs) I have my own kalbi recipe that's slightly different, though.
Why did you leave Jackson MI to live in Crawford, TX? Your neighbors liked you.
All politicians should answer these questions, no matter political party or office they’re running for.
That whole chart?
I like it
That would work for me. I don’t think I’d want the Commander In Chief to do that though.
He sure does. He has embraced Texas wholeheartedly. And no Yankee whining about the heat, etc. I see you and I are in the same neck of the woods.
I am sorry, you have a good list there but the BATF would have to be the first one on my list followed by the IRS and this would just be a start. Repeal the 16th, institute a fed sales tax, weaken most of the bureaus powers and eliminate all those on your list.
Gonna have to go up close and personal. My .45 Caliber long colt with hollow points(250 grain), one each to both legs, one to each arm and then finally one to the gut. Might take him a while to die but I will sit there and talk to him about what a scum bag a**hat he was in life and rub pig fat on his face and body for him before he checks out.
Or as we call it here in the woods, ‘speed beef’!
The answer to this is actually "not enough"- something like 50% of Americans don't actually pay any Federal income tax, once you factor in all their deductions and credits. Are Americans, as a group, overtaxed? Sure. But the average American is not.
The War Department
I've told my wife that I'd like to be Prez for one week. She thinks I'm insane in wanting to whack 90% of the Federal government until I explain to her that the Feds do not perform or contribute to America other than national defense.
Where in the Constitution does it discuss the National Endowment of the Arts, OSHA, EPA, HUD, Commerce, Medicare/Caid, Education, Food Stamps, Health & Human Services...?
I'm tired of ranting so I'll shut up.
I'd suggest it's because he fits right in down here. He'd certainly fit right in here in Houston, for that matter.
But then maybe it was the weather, if he doesn't like cold. And if I understand it correctly, Michigan mosquitos make Texas skeeters look pretty tame.
It doesn’t matter unless he wants to run for office. It’s a shame he did not stay home because he could have gone to Congress, no sweat. Not anymore.
Hey, don't diss my town!
This one particularly stood out:
"As commander in chief, if you could personally shoot Osama bin Laden, would you? What caliber of weapon? Where would you aim?"
Bin Laden deserves to meet the business end of a Barrett.
In my world the only rights “Bambi” ever had was camp meat!!!
Wango Tango, Nuge
For the past 2 weeks I've been blistering my ears with The Ramone's "It's Alive" on my iPod. Very, very loud.
It just might be the best live album of all time.
It would be nice if just once they had debates where the candidates were asked real questions like these.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.