"whats the deal w/ Palin taxing the crap out of the oil cos to drill in Alaska? Anyone have the skinny on that?"
Yeah that is a bit troubling. It's not so much a tax as it is a "cut" in the deal. I think the rumor is that Alaksa takes 75% of the value of a barrel of oil. Don't take my word on it. I am not sure.
posted on 08/19/2008 12:49:46 PM PDT
“I think the rumor is that Alaksa takes 75% of the value of a barrel of oil. Don't take my word on it. I am not sure.”
Wrong. Alaska get 75% of the “Royalties” on the oil and the US gov get the other 25%.
Its no more than oil companies pay for drilling on private land.
posted on 08/19/2008 1:18:14 PM PDT
(FreeRepublic -- One stop shopping ....... Its the Conservative Super WalMart for news .)
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson